Bannan

Expected someone to finish this, I'll do it myself then

We're keeping Bannan, Barry Bannan

I just don't think Hull understand

We may have got beat

When Hull couldn't sell their seats

But we're keeping Barry Bannan

• Haha 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

It's hard to imagine Carlos without his Bazza.

What would Carlos do in the evenings when he's not writing "Barry Bannan" on a wad of blank teamsheets?

Separating Carlos from Bazza would be like taking a cheeseburger off Steve Evans.

"Bazza is for life, not just for Christmas".

:manager:

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'll say one more thing for Bannan.

Even when he wasn't at his best last season he was still demanding the ball. He didn't go into hiding. The passes weren't coming off. 

The groans about Hollywood passes echoed around. But he still kept trying things. 

And he stays fit

You just know it was a dirisive offer. We don't seem to be able to shake off that mantra of clubs trying to take the wee wee out of us.

The only way any of our top players go is if you can replace them with money left over, I wouldn't trust our recruitment to achieve that so it's not an option even with a generous offer.

So pleased to read Bannan receiving the praise he deserves.

I have seen so many posts saying "build a team round FF", "build a team round Abdi". In fact we only have one player that a team could be built around, and it's the 44 game, ever-willing, keep his head down, run all day, demand the ball Bannan.

Though don't get me wrong. "Build a team round.." is nonesense..

16 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

So pleased to read Bannan receiving the praise he deserves.

I have seen so many posts saying "build a team round FF", "build a team round Abdi". In fact we only have one player that a team could be built around, and it's the 44 game, ever-willing, keep his head down, run all day, demand the ball Bannan.

Though don't get me wrong. "Build a team round.." is nonesense..

Too often he's taken one for the team, played in less effective positions, detracted from his own game in an effort cover/protect a deficiency in someone else's. Faced criticism from some fans yet still always selflessly fronts up and gives everything, characteristics that all coaches look for. Not to mention, devestating on his day.

Edited by Morepork