An Owl who has actually been tonight

Went last night. For first time this season our defense was poor along with an hesitant keeper. 

On plus side we created a stack of goal scoring chances, even in first half when we was very poor we could and should have scored a couple. 

Edited by bradowl

35 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

One of the issues is we aebhaving so many shots and not scoring and its happened now for the past 2 seasons

Strange, a couple weeks ago people were moaning we had nowhere near enough shots. Just shows people moan about anything.

If the possession stats are correct and looking at the highlights it seemed we had our usual slow start but could have won on a good day.

We had some decent chances.

In isolation it wasn't a bad result. Two of their goals you couldn't really help. Well maybe the penalty could have been avoided in the first place.

I just don't understand why we start so bad every game.

It's the cup though innit.

10 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

I've been and it was fkn awful until we were 3 down

Wildsmith was appalling

Tom lees distribution was embarrassing

Abdi blowing out his are all game showed nothing

FF clearly not arsed

Winnall completely ineffective..get rid imo

Rhodes isolated until big Dave came on...then scored twice

Worst game I've ever seen Wallace have

Bannan poor and too deep again

Starting eleven only pudil, reach and Rhodes can take any credit

Positivea for me were Dave, Matias and joao who all looked up for it at least

As for Carlos I think the pressure is telling...and rightly so we should have smashed them with that team... Something's not reyt

Bang on, i think the players don't want to play with FF no interest while he was on the field. 

Not sure what game Baz was watching. We didn't play any nice football until late in the game. 

I've been..... you have singled out players there that I can't disagree with Wildsmith Lees Abdi Forestieri were all poor but just as bad were Pudil Bannan Wallace and Winnall ! It was an awful performance and Carlos left it way to late to change it. Nuhiu Matias and Joao should have been on at half time. Ball stuck up top with him and gave Rhodes something to work with. Joao got there centre backs turned for the first time in the game and they hated it and Matias was positive and dragged the team forward reach especially! Abdi all of a sudden looked quality and Bannans game improved vastly. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, leetheowl said:

Different outlook for the last 15 minutes when Dave and Joao came on but overall it was poor. Carlos has no clue what his preferred team is.

I don't think Carlos was trying to play his preferred team last night. The cup games are a chance to get other players fit. If it was the preferred team Westwood, Hunt, Hooper, Fletcher, Boyd and Jones would have played.. 

Whisper it quietly but I felt FF was half the problem. Left Reach with way too much to handle as FF was even less help than normal.

Don't t know if he is trying too hard, or if he has the ar$e on, but he doesn't seem to want to play for this team ( or this manager)

It  was played like a glorified friendly , no way would Carlos pick that side for a league game, too open defensively..However it was good workout for others who have not played . Reality is we should have scored 6 or 7. Positive s are we created bucket loads 

Negative the lynch mob on here vent their siege mentality on Carlos without having a clue what happened, speaks volumes.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Eightace said:

If the possession stats are correct and looking at the highlights it seemed we had our usual slow start but could have won on a good day.

We had some decent chances.

In isolation it wasn't a bad result. Two of their goals you couldn't really help. Well maybe the penalty could have been avoided in the first place.

I just don't understand why we start so bad every game.

It's the cup though innit.

First twenty mins we seem to just pass it about mostly between back 4 with odd ball to a midfielder who then returns it to back 4. 

If opposition press us like Bolton did there's always likely to be a misplaced pass which invites pressure. We then become sloppy like we did last night and at Preston. 

1 hour ago, owl84 said:

Bang on, i think the players don't want to play with FF no interest while he was on the field. 

Not sure what game Baz was watching. We didn't play any nice football until late in the game. 

I'm glad you noticed that ..

I also thought body language in warm up was evident between players to Forestieri too but dismissed this as it could be biased thoughts in view of recent events 

All that included apart from Dave coming on with "Waddles Magic Wand"

For last 20 it was truly Shocking and that's being kind.....

For the record I was there as have all games this season home away and English Pre season................... currently looking for a Saturday job!!lol

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST

watching a different game that I was absolutely dreadful in the first half ff was absolutely dreadful it was like you couldn't be  bothered about the game I thought bannan made one or two good passes  50 yard brilliant visions playing to deep missed three clear goals that should been scored even my grandma would've scored and she's passed now..

and I actually think Carlos lost the plot and realised about three or four players in the squad what are not  interest in playing for the team.......

The bobbar is going hit the fan.......

1 minute ago, TheEnd1976 said:

watching a different game that I was absolutely dreadful in the first half ff was absolutely dreadful it was like you couldn't be  bothered about the game I thought bannan made one or two good passes  50 yard brilliant visions playing to deep missed three clear goals that should been scored even my grandma would've scored and she's passed now..

and I actually think Carlos lost the plot and realised about three or four players in the squad what are not  interest in playing for the team.......

I think it's possible that his mysterious ways of setting up the team are unsettling a few 

if we're honest just how many times are we saying we were cr*p in the first half ( even if we win) this is not a now thing

what is being said to the players that means they don't perform with any passion or intensity til we are behind ?

8 minutes ago, TheEnd1976 said:

I think you are reading things a bit too far.

Maybe FF has given up. I don't see anyone else not trying. Hoops, Fletch, Rhodes, Reach, Bannan, Jones, Hunt, Lees, Pudil as examples can't be faulted for workrate can they?

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I think you are reading things a bit too far.

Maybe FF has given up. I don't see anyone else not trying. Hoops, Fletch, Rhodes, Reach, Bannan, Jones, Hunt, Lees, Pudil as examples can't be faulted for workrate can they?

Do you remember against qpr they  was 3 players in the stands that was reported to be laughing when QPR scored can you remember who those players were and three of those players miss  sitters yesterday and look like they couldn't be bothered. 

Coincidence....

5 hours ago, prowl said:

I don't think Carlos was trying to play his preferred team last night. The cup games are a chance to get other players fit. If it was the preferred team Westwood, Hunt, Hooper, Fletcher, Boyd and Jones would have played.. 

Of course the league cup is opportunity to play different players but overall he doesn't know what his preferred team is. For example what is his preferred striker partnership? Hooper/Fletcher? Winnal/Rhodes? Winnal/Hooper etc etc

I was there:

We were nowhere near as bad as people make out!! First half we had plenty of chances. Winnall had 2 good chances, the massive scramble with Wallace blasting over, Rhodes header, Bannan saved shot and FF missing twice from long range. Bolton picked us off on the break and created a few half chances. Good finish from a set piece.

- My first rant! People claim we should go at teams and attack. Last night we picked an attacking formation with no midfield support defensively and we looked wide open and defensively suspect. Nothing like as solid as we usually do.

Second half we dominate the ball without creating a great deal initially. Bolton pick us off twice and get a penalty and a goal. 3-0 all of a sudden from nothing.

- Wildsmith is not good enough. Seen him a few times, suspect at Middlesbrough, flapping at home to Fulham. His distribution at times is alarming. Twice last night he put Pudil in all sorts of bother.

We make the substitutions and Bolton cannot cope with us. Scored 2 and could have had twice as many. Sadly the Bannan tackle and chaos caused seemed to halt our progress a little after that. Overall a cracking cup-tie, disappointing result and some poor individual displays. FF has to go, not ars*d and game changed the second he went off.

- Rant 2, people go on about players showing lack of effort etc etc and not being bothered. Well those that walk out on 60 minutes shouting abuse at the players, how does that make you any different. People are free to do as they please but surely you are throwing in the towel and giving up, showing the same behaviour you are accusing the players of!! Seems a bit ironic to me. Nearly bit them in the rear as the last 20 minutes were worth the money alone especially with what was going off in the stands! At one point it got so tasty I was watching that rather than the game which at the time was gripping in itself!

*One other thing i noticed. When the players arrived, the staff and most of the players got off, had pictures etc, and went inside. 4 did not. A good 20 minutes later FF, Nuhiu, Joao and Mattias got off. Just looked cliquey. At half time those players (minus FF) were warming up separately to the other 4. Was the same at the U23 game on Monday. Just looked wrong, almost like they were not part of the team not going in with the others. Im sure tactical stuff would have been spoken about inside during the time they were sat on the coach.