Our kit suppliers are Onthego Sports

4 hours ago, flo said:

they, onthego, make our shirts without paying us so they dont get their own logo on shirt.

We pay them a smaller amount then usual to buy the products for the players, staff and shop etc as they are not paying us anything. 

Chansiri then puts his own brand elev8 as the manufacture and elev8 pay the kit sponsorship money that we dont get from onthego. 

thats how i see it anyway. 

Yep exactly it.They don't give the club any cash but in return don't charge a fortune for sales and deliver them quickly.If you haven't got the cash to upfront sponsor a club like his company can't then it's the only other offer you can make.If his company develops well they probably will offer some cash to get a logo on at some point.He saved DC and got a great deal for himself.

2 hours ago, Internationowl said:

Is this a latin joke?

An old owlstalk joke. I guess you had to be there. Some guy had a tattoo of the badge done. Spelling was correct, of course, but half of owlstalk managed to make him believe it was wrong for awhile. Was funny at the time garymegson

12 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Can he provide some Blazer badges which some of we older people can use to cover the existing Owl logo on goods we have purchased, but which is still in good condition. I have two jackets, an autumn and a winter one, both of which I wear when appropriate weatherwise, and both in excellent condition. I would, however, like to wear them with an up-to-date crest.

I too have the 84-- 85 season "Lambing Gown"that could do with a customisory sprucing up great idea "Buxomgent"lol

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST

Actually think this guy's business plan is quite clever at a time when so many English clubs/wealthy owners are looking for a way around FFP rules.

He's just got himself a massive order and SWFC will be very happy too as Chansiri can pay market rates to advertise his Elev8 business on the shirts and also get the lower cost shirt manufacture. 

I'm assuming this will help us cut our expenditure but maintain the same income/actually increase it a little as Chansiri can pay the highest possible 'market rate' which we might not have got via a big brand for whom we wouldn't be much of a catch in terms of volumes of sales. 

14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Kinda explains the bizarre away shirt colour

Bizarre?

When I last checked, I thought I saw at least a dozen kits over Wednesday history that were yellow, and the yellow and black stripes were used the first few years in the PL.

The away kit has been yellow more often than not since the 70s as far as I can tell.

What colours were you expecting?

Edited by Indoor Owl

3 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

No sign of the 3rd kit yet?

the last i heard its final version would be available soon hope dc hasn't changed it too much  

however personally like to see a couple of amendments  blue stripes on the white shirt and  black shorts instead of gold and blue and white hooped socks  some mention of the anniversary and our achievements  sorted and a best seller beyond any novelty ipswich variation 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Indoor Owl said:

Bizarre?

When I last checked, I thought I saw at least a dozen kits over Wednesday history that were yellow, and the yellow and black stripes were used the first few years in the PL.

The away kit has been yellow more often than not since the 70s as far as I can tell.

What colours were you expecting?

It's not really normal yellow is it though like we normally have.  it's an orangey off shade

Is all this another way of DC putting money in the club without breaking FFP.

If OnTheGo have a contract with & are paid by DC'S Elev8 Clothing to manufacture Sheffield Wednesday kit. Elev8 Clothing then supply the kit to Sheffield Wednesday at reduced or no cost & Sheffield Wednesday then retain the shirt sales revenue.

I just don't see why else DC would need to create a company to supply the kits.