Forestieri Transfer Value

Guest Copthorneowl
12 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

They were example figures... I'm concerned that you feel the need to attempt to patronise me when you seem incapable of understanding that hypothetical figures designed to be an illustrative example are just that and not fact. 

My point is is that I'd rather play 3 players in the starting XI capable of getting a decent goal tally than just two, something that we're limited to if we play FF up front instead of wide

Now do you want to respond to that or aimlessly patronise me further in a mástabatory attempt to make yourself feel superior?

I totally agree with your second para, I took your comment of 'over Simplifying' as a sarcastic put down but realise it probably wasn't so I take it back sorry. I don't patronise anybody but find this "not a striker"  argument very confusing most of the media will routinely  refer to Nando striker/playmaker, and if anybody is thinking about buying him I believe it's for his goals first and foremost but hey your far from alone in this train of thought whatever people think he is our main and best striker but with a proper set up he shouldn't be ..there how's that.  Have a good day.

17 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

I totally agree with your second para, I took your comment of 'over Simplifying' as a sarcastic put down but realise it probably wasn't so I take it back sorry. I don't patronise anybody but find this "not a striker"  argument very confusing most of the media will routinely  refer to Nando striker/playmaker, and if anybody is thinking about buying him I believe it's for his goals first and foremost but hey your far from alone in this train of thought whatever people think he is our main and best striker but with a proper set up he shouldn't be ..there how's that.  Have a good day.

Then we're pretty much in agreement

Honestly it wasn't a sarcastic point mate, the truth is is that it can be considered a complex issue with a complex solution, an alternative viewpoint is that more players on the pitch at one time that historically score goals results in the team as a whole scoring more goals. Personally I ascribe to the latter point of view... If you have attacking players that have historically scored and assisted lots of goals, chances are your team are going to score more. But at the same time, I can totally see why an argument of greater complexity than that could be made to the whole thing

1 hour ago, TheEnd1976 said:

Probably not that on the other hand hes not been a good example to the youth set up either they will look at him and  think that's normal  behaviour 

And I'm not talking about a physical sense I'm talking about the psychological  sense with the team to his manager fans to the club in general ever since he got a refuse to go to  Newcastle  all the stems from so clearly he doesn't really what play for us so I don't really want him at my club 

So what I'm trying to say  managers of other clubs will not want to take that risk on him disrupting their group of players

if he's professionalism is like that at our club

refusing to play more than one occasion and Probably  on the occasions we don't even know about

training ground scuffles what sort of training ground scuffles warrants a player to be dismissed from a game ? Obviously more to this

He may not be the complete model pro due to being slightly immature but I think it needs putting into perspective. I also think the negative things he does are reported more widely than the good things. His quality clearly outweighs any discrepancies in my view which for the most part are relatively minor and standard fare for players of that type and background. 

Many fans are going into Carbone and Di Canio style get rid mode over very little and I don't see the need.its not the 90s any more. Many top footballers can be particular and we need to manage the situation to our advantage. We don't even know what happened really.

Clubs will no doubt try and get a knock off price based on it but many managers wouldn't be too fussed by a high maintenance player in modern football, if he's good.

If we sell him it should be for footballing reasons and for a top price as he has many years left on his contract. 

2 hours ago, CLswfc said:

There we go again slating a player who gives nothing but 100% and a thrower who is bringing the club into disrepute. You boy are the laughing stock if you cannot come up with anything remotely constructive than the above. Wednesdayite, right.. 

amb is spot on keep Nuhui and sell FF ? GIVING 100 PERCENT IF YOUR USELESS MEANS NOTHING!!!!!

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

He may not be the complete model pro due to being slightly immature but I think it needs putting into perspective. I also think the negative things he does are reported more widely than the good things. His quality clearly outweighs any discrepancies in my view which for the most part are relatively minor and standard fare for players of that type and background. 

Many fans are going into Carbone and Di Canio style get rid mode over very little and I don't see the need.its not the 90s any more. Many top footballers can be particular and we need to manage the situation to our advantage. We don't even know what happened really.

Clubs will no doubt try and get a knock off price based on it but many managers wouldn't be too fussed by a high maintenance player in modern football, if he's good.

If we sell him it should be for footballing reasons and for a top price as he has many years left on his contract. 

Wednesday will make him look like soiled goods...That will do us no favours in the transfer market...FF is in a bit of a cleft stick the way things have gone....

Is there a compromise...?

Us as fans don't know, because we will never be given the full facts of what has happened.

Preaching about loyalty and how good we are doesn't cut the mustard anymore....We pay a lot of money now to watch this club, and we are fed...(I use that term loosely due to the catering)..with the same old same old.

I don't doubt Mr Chansiri has good intentions, but he is either poorly advised on the whole scenario, or is trying to muddle through after admitting he knows "Little of football"

Sheffield United are above us in the league as it stands, without the ridiculous POTG prices we have at the minute, without all this "cant buy a f.ookin' pork pie" business

Its ridiculous and it needs sorting..paying lip service to fans groups means nowt...

I don't actually want to know anything as long as things are working on the pitch....I'm not fussed about the catering..as long as things are working on the pitch....

When it ALL goes t *ts up..I want an answer..

Did Winnall kick FF up in the air..or vice versa...

Are we trying to force FF outta the club due to FFP?...I want an answer.....

If you are transparent with Owls fans..they reciprocate.....BUT

We never get it....

10 hours ago, MuddyFunkster said:

What do people think the current transfer value is for Fernando Forestieri?

I personally think if we sold him it would be between 5-7 million. I think his worth is far more and had we sold him this time last season we would have got nearer to 10 million. Only issues are that this is the second time he's had a disagreement with the club or management so think that will devalue home somewhat. Then if clubs think we are wanting to cash in before the end of August then they'll look to get him as cheap as possible.

My view now is that we cash in. Carlos has a set system (stubbornly or not) and if Forestieri doesn't want to be part of that then it's just yet another square peg in a round hole.

On his day he is without doubt the best player in the championship. But he is becoming toxic I think. I also think he has an attitude problem. We have one of those with McGugan. Selling him would weaken the team if he is on form, or strengthen it if he's not on form.  To be honest, do you think he'll have more games on form than off form?

Sell him. Buy a centre half.

10 hours ago, MuddyFunkster said:

What do people think the current transfer value is for Fernando Forestieri?

I personally think if we sold him it would be between 5-7 million. I think his worth is far more and had we sold him this time last season we would have got nearer to 10 million. Only issues are that this is the second time he's had a disagreement with the club or management so think that will devalue home somewhat. Then if clubs think we are wanting to cash in before the end of August then they'll look to get him as cheap as possible.

My view now is that we cash in. Carlos has a set system (stubbornly or not) and if Forestieri doesn't want to be part of that then it's just yet another square peg in a round hole.

£350k 

Not a penny more 

17 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Wednesday will make him look like soiled goods...That will do us no favours in the transfer market...FF is in a bit of a cleft stick the way things have gone....

Is there a compromise...?

Us as fans don't know, because we will never be given the full facts of what has happened.

Preaching about loyalty and how good we are doesn't cut the mustard anymore....We pay a lot of money now to watch this club, and we are fed...(I use that term loosely due to the catering)..with the same old same old.

I don't doubt Mr Chansiri has good intentions, but he is either poorly advised on the whole scenario, or is trying to muddle through after admitting he knows "Little of football"

Sheffield United are above us in the league as it stands, without the ridiculous POTG prices we have at the minute, without all this "cant buy a f.ookin' pork pie" business

Its ridiculous and it needs sorting..paying lip service to fans groups means nowt...

I don't actually want to know anything as long as things are working on the pitch....I'm not fussed about the catering..as long as things are working on the pitch....

When it ALL goes t *ts up..I want an answer..

Did Winnall kick FF up in the air..or vice versa...

Are we trying to force FF outta the club due to FFP?...I want an answer.....

If you are transparent with Owls fans..they reciprocate.....BUT

We never get it....

True mate, but these sideshows always come up at wierd times and never when we are on a roll.As we discussed it is odd and out of character for the club in this era and the press almost seemed tipped off.

But I also think that our fans can be played like a fiddle and the tune is fooooking terrible sometimes 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

True mate, but these sideshows always come up at wierd times and never when we are on a roll.As we discussed it is odd and out of character for the club in this era and the press almost seemed tipped off.

But I also think that our fans can be played like a fiddle and the tune is fooooking terrible sometimes 

Journalist's only have to read this wed-site, and repeat it in the press and all of a sudden we are a club in crisis.

7 minutes ago, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

Journalist's only have to read this wed-site, and repeat it in the press and all of a sudden we are a club in crisis.

True, but the RS guys seem to want to be on good terms with the club and trying to find that balance, they don't comment on transfer speculation when it arises (unless it's one they have broken) as I presume they are given inside info if they keep under wraps until the right time and I don't think they find it in their interests to stir things unnecessarily. Which is why the question about a bust up seemed odd based on a Twitter rumour. 

Edited by Bluesteel
  • Like 1

Probably a lot less than he was last season.

He had a lacklustre season and has been shown to be tricky to manage.

Its the Wednesday way.

Will another manager be bothered?  Most likely and he will probably go and do well elsewhere.

See Paolo Di Canio for an example of how SWFC historically make a mess of buying and selling players

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

21 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

The fans are being played like a fiddle mate.....but some folk ought to take note...

It doesn't last forever...

No doubt journalists, players, managers, chairmen etc read this site...

and the players think we ALL fall for the badge kissin' ..The tawdry platitudes trotted out by manager and chairman..Really?

No doubt the players read the site and sit and cackle in corners in such as me postin' "Holding midfield diamond f.ooker with an overlappin' whatever"..Then the f.ookin' hypocrites will kiss a badge and look to me for applause for simply doing what they are vastly overpaid for...

They don't realise I don't go for them..Chansiri doesn't realise I don't go for him....

I'm like the f.ookin' River Don..Ive flowed passed the place forever..and I'll continue to flow past the place as long as I can...

Long after these folk have gone..The Eastbank will still stand, still peopled by Supporters...because football is always about the supporters..and once the bubble bursts..it won't be supporters going cap in hand to such as Chairmen and players...it will be vice versa..I hope I live to see the day

I don't support players..I don't support Chairmen......I support something I have been bred to support..Its actually got f.ook all to do with football..If it had...I'd have packed the circus up years ago

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

On his day he is without doubt the best player in the championship. But he is becoming toxic I think. I also think he has an attitude problem. We have one of those with McGugan. Selling him would weaken the team if he is on form, or strengthen it if he's not on form.  To be honest, do you think he'll have more games on form than off form?

Sell him. Buy a centre half.

Probably at the minute, more off games than not. Depends where he's played too.

He's worth between 10 and 15 million but to us he's priceless.... Players like Forestieri come around once a generation where luky to have 2 in the 90's with Di Canio and Carboni and guess what they both had tempers but could win games on there own.

We sold Di Canio on the cheap 8 years ago how many regret that decision made by Wednesday board at the time? Most managers in this league would rub there hands together at prospect of having a player like him.

It's not always the players fault you know so blaming the likes of Forestieri and Rhodes and laughable.

So yea sell them both and when nothing changes don't beg for them to come back... You get one chance in this game. 

10 hours ago, House Stark said:

What? Not even when they clearly have no respect for the club and are only interested in how much their pay compares to other players?

Bin the mardy little tw@t!

He's maybe our best player on paper but that doesn't mean he will ever play like it again even if selected every week.

Get rid and put a marker down, no player is bigger than the club.

Pretty much sums it up for me. He's not a good team player, very selfish when he has the ball and probably thinks he's better than what he is. All what he has done also has to be bad for team spirit and togetherness.

I agree time to get rid. 

5 hours ago, beloved_aunt said:

We've basically ruined him by signing all those other strikers that don't fit the system.

At the end of the first season him and Hooper looked a great duo.  We probably should've brought on one more striker to replace Dave and as an alternative/back up but that area of the squad didn't need heavy investment and we should've spent more in other areas.

Hooper and FF don't score together.

If I was in charge of a Championship team with £10m to spare I'd have in a shot.

The FF of 2015/2016 was a delight to watch for the most part. If you could keep the guy happy he'd be a top signing. Unfortunately unless we get a new manager the FF ship is fast sailing away, either as a ruined player with us or a star elsewhere sadly.

5 hours ago, Copthorneowl said:

No you're not simplyfying anything but you have me in stitches and sarcastic as per usual.

What is this choice of "playing two strikers up top that will get 15 goals a season" sorry I'm a big fan of Hooper  and rate the other two as highly as anybody but Hooper has made 60 appearances scoring 19 goals and Fletch 43,for 12 I won't dwell on Rhodes 3 in 27.

The idea that you've given them (not sure which two 15 apiece in one season is very generous and not realistic based on reality or the way we play. I'd be the first to say if we set up to give them the best service possible they might reach your high estimate.

Whose  the left winger that gets 5 a season if you are giving FF this label then please go back to studying?

Hooper has scored 5 times playing with FF as his partner. That's in around25 matches.

His remaining 14 goals have come in around 35 matches. He would be highly likely to score 15/20 if he played with a proper strike partner all season.

Fletch similarly, has only two goals playing with FF as his partner.

The facts are clear. None of our strikers score at anywhere near their normal rate playing with FF. Why? It would be guesswork, but it doesn't matter why. Two seasons results are there for all to see.

Student is right. Why would we not want a "normal" strike partnership and Nando's 12/15 from wide? I have never understood the argument against this simple logic.