Forestieri Transfer Value

Totally dependent on the amount of interest we can stimulate

If there's only one club in for him and we want to flog, it would be a cut price. If we can get 4 or 5 on the hook we might get our money back plus a few million

Technically very good Forestieri, but we look a much more organised, fluid attacking side with Hooper, Fletcher and Bannan linking up attacks

1 hour ago, Live the Dream said:

He's a good player but a Prima Donna and causing more trouble than he's worth, get rid.  We, urgently, need a couple of Championship level defenders so the quicker we sell, the better.  Don't care what we get as long as we have enough to cover the cost of the new players. 

We sell him to another Championship rival at our peril. It will come back to haunt us. It's written. Carlos is the first to go, then we'll see what happens when the new man comes in.

2 hours ago, MuddyFunkster said:

What do people think the current transfer value is for Fernando Forestieri?

I personally think if we sold him it would be between 5-7 million. I think his worth is far more and had we sold him this time last season we would have got nearer to 10 million. Only issues are that this is the second time he's had a disagreement with the club or management so think that will devalue home somewhat. Then if clubs think we are wanting to cash in before the end of August then they'll look to get him as cheap as possible.

My view now is that we cash in. Carlos has a set system (stubbornly or not) and if Forestieri doesn't want to be part of that then it's just yet another square peg in a round hole.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fernando-forestieri/profil/spieler/44948

If the club arnt going to sell him after he's refused to pull on the shirt, I don't see any kinda situation where we will look to sell after a training ground bust up 

he was at middlewood road yesterday training with the kids, hardly something he would be doing if he was on his way 

Guest Copthorneowl

Not for sale.

Definitely not for sale in the championship.

Sell him and we're going to struggle.

I suspect one of Nando and Carlos will leave this year - not advocating either out but CC before Nando all day long.

1 hour ago, Finlux_Cup said:

I really hope CC sees the season out and we go up, there'll be a lot of egg on faces!

You and I might win the lottery weeks about, but I doubt it. In fact, you or I probably have a better chance of getting this club than old Charlie. I  wouldn't let anyone go, at least not our best players. Selling him to a Wolves would be suicide. Ditto Rhodes. The problem is Carlos and his deployment of the players. We're doubtless going to experience that on Wednesday with McGeady.

Is there any genuine interest for him? I just can't see who he' go to and who would be willing to sign him. People talking about 8-12m but for that you get:

• Tom Ince
  • Tom Lawrence
  • Robert Snodgrass

All three a step up in my opinion. We'll soon see, happy enough to have a talented player on the books. But all this best in the division talk I think is over stating him. 

1 hour ago, Copthorneowl said:

Not for sale.

Definitely not for sale in the championship.

Sell him and we're going to struggle.

I suspect one of Nando and Carlos will leave this year - not advocating either out but CC before Nando all day long.

Amen to that. The Carvalhistas on this site often don't take into consideration whether the players still believe Carlos can get us up. Losing two consecutive play-offs takes its toll.

21 minutes ago, billyblack said:

I wouldnt. He's not even a striker

He's as much a striker as the rest of them. In fact he's more.

I wouldn't bat an eyelid if we sold any of the others. 

Tbh I'd probably keep Hooper, Winnall and Joao. Just change formation to 433 and sign a fast, strong striker to play the central role.