Forestieri Transfer Value

If we are daft enough to sell our best player, we'll have plenty of interest and in today's market where the likes of Assombalonga, Ince, Vydra etc are going for silly money, FF is easily worth £10m plus. 

The money would then have to be reinvested in areas that we desperately need, CB x2, LB, a strong CM at the very least. Maybe a winger as well.

I honestly don't trust the current set up (whoever is buying players) to get what we need. They are areas that we've foolishly neglected for a long time and I can't see that changing after selling FF.

All in all I think it would prove to be a stupid decision.

Edited by IstillhateSteveBould

FF cost around £3M allegedly and I believe that the club denied having a bid of £7M from Derby last August, despite press reports to the contrary.

Looking very pessimistically at FF's progress with us, I think his market value may have dropped a bit last season with all his shenanigans early doors combined with his drop in form and not stepping up for the big games. He rarely looked the same player as the season before when his market value could possibly have doubled from the fee we allegedly paid, as he scored his highest ever goal tally. Last years goal contribution was decent, but having loads of off target attempts, never looking like scoring 20 plus, scoring three less goals than the year before and looking less of a team player. 

This season, for all the slating that Carlos got after PNE, one simple pass from FF and Reach had a tap in at Preston, but this has hardly been mentioned. FF's greed in that game definitely cost us at least a point, because PNE would then have been chasing the game. This is not a one off for Forestieri as he often takes a shot when others are better placed to score. I keep thinking he will come back to being the player he was, but this latest incident has that deja vu feel about it.

With refs proved to be as likely to send him off as give him a penalty and his antics often making the headlines, I reckon his market price would be around £4 to £6M if we are very lucky and the buyer has money to burn.

On the optimistic side, I would say that FF does try to do what other players don't even think of and when he is in form you remember why he is so quickly forgiven for taking so many shots and why he is so easily forgiven for being so daft generally He has also made a few nice surprising choices during his stay with us and is always a player you want to see play. If he has a good run of games, hopefully starting on Wednesday we could be turning down offers of £7M upwards, again determined by how much money clubs have to spend and how desperate they are and how FFP capable or caring they are, as not everybody worries about breaking FFP rules and many have progressed to the prem without paying any price for breaking the EFL rules.

Edited by Ante's Bubbly
bad spelling

37 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

He's as much a striker as the rest of them. In fact he's more.

I wouldn't bat an eyelid if we sold any of the others. 

Tbh I'd probably keep Hooper, Winnall and Joao. Just change formation to 433 and sign a fast, strong striker to play the central role.

Er, no he isnt

2 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

If a club with more money then sense really wanted him before the end of the window then reckon we could hold out for £8-9 million. Probably has a market value of between £5-6m.

But Vydra's worth 8/9 or whatever it was? Even after a very poor season at Reading. Much worse than FF last season.

Tom Ince £11m, Leeds apparently turning down 15 for Wood and you think FF is only worth 5/6?

If he was available for that we'd have every championship rival bidding today

2 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

But Vydra's worth 8/9 or whatever it was? Even after a very poor season at Reading. Much worse than FF last season.

Tom Ince £11m, Leeds apparently turning down 15 for Wood and you think FF is only worth 5/6?

If he was available for that we'd have every championship rival bidding today

The reason they aren't probably has much to do with Managers thinking he's not worth the aggravation!

We're Sheffield Wednesday and we have never in my life time commanded big sell on fees, you only have to look at Antonio £1.5 Million to Forest and then went for going on £5 Million to West Ham around a year later.

It seems to be like buying and selling a car, if you're selling people always offer peanuts as opposed to buying one and people want to rip you off.

I know its the way of the world but you'd think in 30 years (My sentence for loving  blue and white)  that we would have made a killing on some one.

FF if he were to leave would go for £3-4 Million at most.

1 minute ago, paddyowl said:

We're Sheffield Wednesday and we have never in my life time commanded big sell on fees, you only have to look at Antonio £1.5 Million to Forest and then went for going on £5 Million to West Ham around a year later.

It seems to be like buying and selling a car, if you're selling people always offer peanuts as opposed to buying one and people want to rip you off.

I know its the way of the world but you'd think in 30 years (My sentence for loving  blue and white)  that we would have made a killing on some one.

FF if he were to leave would go for £3-4 Million at most.

So we'd end up selling Forestieri for less than what we paid for Rhodes That would be farcical, Forestieri is twice the player Rhodes is

4 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Or maybe because they know our chairman is not stupid enough to sell at such a low price

I'm sure DC wouldn't sell at that price that's why players are going at over the top prices these days that are simply too attractive to turn down.

My view re FF is that you would have to be very brave or very silly to pay northwards of £10m to bring a player with his record of, shall we say, ill discipline into your dressing room.

I think a £10m bid would be tempting enough for DC to let him go.

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

So we'd end up selling Forestieri for less than what we paid for Rhodes That would be farcical, Forestieri is twice the player Rhodes is

Talent wise , yes, BUT when a mardy arse throws the toys out of the pram repeatedly, the vultures will start circling trying to nab him for  feck all.

And lets be honest apart from 1 or 2 games last season he was a non entity, he wasnt the player that was valued at £8-10 million the season before.

And IMHO Rhode will come good.

11 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

I'm sure DC wouldn't sell at that price that's why players are going at over the top prices these days that are simply too attractive to turn down.

My view re FF is that you would have to be very brave or very silly to pay northwards of £10m to bring a player with his record of, shall we say, ill discipline into your dressing room.

I think a £10m bid would be tempting enough for DC to let him go.

We buy at silly prices, why not sell for them. If DC is willing to pay 8,9, 10 or whatever it was for Rhodes then who knows

1 hour ago, paddyowl said:

Talent wise , yes, BUT when a mardy arse throws the toys out of the pram repeatedly, the vultures will start circling trying to nab him for  feck all.

And lets be honest apart from 1 or 2 games last season he was a non entity, he wasnt the player that was valued at £8-10 million the season before.

And IMHO Rhode will come good.

But that's how Latin players are. The bluff, northern "I call a spade a spade, me" doesn't work with them...and can even get you relegated. Ask Danny Boy. Didn't Fergie get on a motorbike and cross the Channel to bring Cantona back? Old 'Arry put Di Canio's photo on the boardroom wall.

• Like 1

Guest Copthorneowl
1 hour ago, billyblack said:

Er, no he isnt

Im sorry mate but ISHSB is spot on Whether you ar anybody else likes it or not he is a striker... The facts don't lie...

2015/16 and 2016/17 Seasons

Fletcher, Hooper, Rhodes 130  appearances.                  34 goals

Forestiero.  78 appearances                                             27 goals

Absolutely beyond any doubt I won't trouble to do the ratios but pretty obvious wouldn't you say.

Even Holmowl can't change the facts irrespective of whether he plays left, right, or upside down  FF is our best player and STRIKER.

Source  whoscoredit.cm

Edited by Copthorneowl

7 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Im sorry mate but ISHSB is spot on Whether you ar anybody else likes it or not he is a striker... The facts don't lie...

2015/16 and 2016/17 Seasons

Fletcher, Hooper, Rhodes 130  appearances.                  34 goals

Forestiero.  78 appearances                                             27 goals

Absolutely beyond any doubt I won't trouble to do the ratios but pretty obvious wouldn't you say.

Even Holmowl can't change the facts irrespective of whether he plays left, right, or upside down  FF is our best player and STRIKER.

Source  whoscoredit.cm

Out of interest what's Sammy Winall stats for similar period. I mean those the stats that determine he's the best player and striker so I assume our 5th choice is far inferior.