Forestieri Transfer Value

1 hour ago, GMOwl72 said:

If a club with more money then sense really wanted him before the end of the window then reckon we could hold out for £8-9 million. Probably has a market value of between £5-6m.

We really do under value our players don't we. 

1 hour ago, paddyowl said:

Talent wise , yes, BUT when a mardy arse throws the toys out of the pram repeatedly, the vultures will start circling trying to nab him for  feck all.

And lets be honest apart from 1 or 2 games last season he was a non entity, he wasnt the player that was valued at £8-10 million the season before.

And IMHO Rhode will come good.

Some of the reported behaviour ain't good, and I'm not going to condone it. However, even in what was an off season by his standards, he out performed Rhodes in every way 

17 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Im sorry mate but ISHSB is spot on Whether you ar anybody else likes it or not he is a striker... The facts don't lie...

2015/16 and 2016/17 Seasons

Fletcher, Hooper, Rhodes 130  appearances.                  34 goals

Forestiero.  78 appearances                                             27 goals

Absolutely beyond any doubt I won't trouble to do the ratios but pretty obvious wouldn't you say.

Even Holmowl can't change the facts irrespective of whether he plays left, right, or upside down  FF is our best player and STRIKER.

Source  whoscoredit.cm

7 of those 27 goals came from him playing wide left though (source transfermarkt) in 17 appearances

So it's actually 20 in 61 for FF as a striker

7 in 17 as a winger

Hmm...

Guest Copthorneowl
9 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Out of interest what's Sammy Winall stats for similar period. I mean those the stats that determine he's the best player and striker so I assume our 5th choice is far inferior. 

The only reason I didn't put them in was he's hardly played for us the stats I quote are playing for SWFC so they're relevant Sam scored lots for Barnsley but they played to his strengths sadly we don't and his stats for them aren't relevant. There is no agenda from me on stats matey we are debating our strikers playing for us.

41 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

7 of those 27 goals came from him playing wide left though (source transfermarkt) in 17 appearances

7 in 17 as a winger

Hmm...

Wherever Fernando plays, it's always fairly fluid Even when he plays wide, he often drifts into that pocket behind the striker It would be interesting to see, but I'd wager most of his goals emanate from this position, no matter where he starts the game. He is a game changer anywhere across the front line, something that no other striker can match

Guest Copthorneowl
2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

7 in 17 as a winger

Hmm...

Not bothered where they play simply relating goals to games and the statement that our top striker for some reason is not a striker., sick of hearing how he should be wide, tip of diamond, behind front two etc. Personally I think given all our playing personnel he's better wide left but the FACT is he's our most prolific striker as well as being our most creative player.

Just now, Copthorneowl said:

Not bothered where they play simply relating goals to games and the statement that our top striker for some reason is not a striker., sick of hearing how he should be wide, tip of diamond, behind front two etc. Personally I think given all our playing personnel he's better wide left but the FACT is he's our most prolific striker as well as being our most creative player.

Well arguably the two best goalscorers in the world aren't strikers (Messi and Ronaldo), they're merely "attackers", so it makes complete sense that our best 'striker' isn't actually an out and out striker.

Also, I appreciate in terms of games played he's our most prolific goalscorer, but I reckon if you broke it down to minutes on the pitch, Hooper would best him. 

At the end of the day, if it's a choice between playing two strikers that will get 15 a season and a LW who will also get 15 playing wide; or playing two strikers who will get 15 a season and a LW that will get 5 a season, I know what choice I'm going for.

The way I see it, the first option is us sticking Fletcher and Hooper up top with FF wide, the second is FF up top with Hooper and Reach playing wide. And that's ignoring the FACT that FF scores and assists more frequently playing on the flank

But maybe I'm oversimplifying things

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

But Vydra's worth 8/9 or whatever it was? Even after a very poor season at Reading. Much worse than FF last season.

Tom Ince £11m, Leeds apparently turning down 15 for Wood and you think FF is only worth 5/6?

If he was available for that we'd have every championship rival bidding today

Derby aside, who's record of paying over the odds for players is ridiculous,  I can't see another Championship club stumping up anything north of £5m for FF.  Then add on the £30-35k per week wages and he's effectively priced out of going anywhere.

It would probably suit SWFC to recoup the £3m they paid and trim the annual wage bill by £1.6m.

Edited by just visiting

He's worth between 10 and 15 million but to us he's priceless.... Players like Forestieri come around once a generation where luky to have 2 in the 90's with Di Canio and Carboni and guess what they both had tempers but could win games on there own.

We sold Di Canio on the cheap 8 years ago how many regret that decision made by Wednesday board at the time? Most managers in this league would rub there hands together at prospect of having a player like him.

It's not always the players fault you know so blaming the likes of Forestieri and Rhodes and laughable.

So yea sell them both and when nothing changes don't beg for them to come back... You get one chance in this game. 

Edited by dazzler07

53 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Im sorry mate but ISHSB is spot on Whether you ar anybody else likes it or not he is a striker... The facts don't lie...

2015/16 and 2016/17 Seasons

Fletcher, Hooper, Rhodes 130  appearances.                  34 goals

Forestiero.  78 appearances                                             27 goals

Absolutely beyond any doubt I won't trouble to do the ratios but pretty obvious wouldn't you say.

Even Holmowl can't change the facts irrespective of whether he plays left, right, or upside down  FF is our best player and STRIKER.

Source  whoscoredit.cm

He still isn't a striker, hes an attacking midfielder or number 10 at best. He doesn't get those goals playing as a 9. remove our other strikers and play him at 9. He wont score nearly as many. isn't a 9 or centre forward and never will be (I am taking the liberty as defining a striker as a 9), all our other forwards play as 9's primarily, the odd one or two can play a deeper link role.

Just to add to this, the comment I responded to was that they would rather sell all out other forwards and keep FF. My point is we need some of the other strikers as FF cant play a 9. He may score goals and we may argue where he scores them from but he aint a number 9.

Edited by billyblack
other info

4 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Bar one incident last year he hasn't  Exactly been the next Nicolas Anelka

Probably not that on the other hand hes not been a good example to the youth set up either they will look at him and  think that's normal  behaviour 

And I'm not talking about a physical sense I'm talking about the psychological  sense with the team to his manager fans to the club in general ever since he got a refuse to go to  Newcastle  all the stems from so clearly he doesn't really what play for us so I don't really want him at my club 

So what I'm trying to say  managers of other clubs will not want to take that risk on him disrupting their group of players

if he's professionalism is like that at our club

refusing to play more than one occasion and Probably  on the occasions we don't even know about

training ground scuffles what sort of training ground scuffles warrants a player to be dismissed from a game ? Obviously more to this

10 minutes ago, just visiting said:

Derby aside, who's record of paying over the odds for players is ridiculous,  I can't see another Championship club stumping up anything north of £5m for FF.  Then add on the £30-35k per week wages and he's effectively priced out of going anywhere.

It would probably suit SWFC to recoup the £3m they paid and trim the annual wage bill by £1.6m.

:tango:

We've basically ruined him by signing all those other strikers that don't fit the system.

At the end of the first season him and Hooper looked a great duo.  We probably should've brought on one more striker to replace Dave and as an alternative/back up but that area of the squad didn't need heavy investment and we should've spent more in other areas.

Guest Copthorneowl
13 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Well arguably the two best goalscorers in the world aren't strikers (Messi and Ronaldo), they're merely "attackers", so it makes complete sense that our best 'striker' isn't actually an out and out striker.

Also, I appreciate in terms of games played he's our most prolific goalscorer, but I reckon if you broke it down to minutes on the pitch, Hooper would best him. 

At the end of the day, if it's a choice between playing two strikers that will get 15 a season and a LW who will also get 15 playing wide; or playing two strikers who will get 15 a season and a LW that will get 5 a season, I know what choice I'm going for.

The way I see it, the first option is us sticking Fletcher and Hooper up top with FF wide, the second is FF up top with Hooper and Reach playing wide. And that's ignoring the FACT that FF scores and assists more frequently playing on the flank

But maybe I'm oversimplifying things

No you're not simplyfying anything but you have me in stitches and sarcastic as per usual.

What is this choice of "playing two strikers up top that will get 15 goals a season" sorry I'm a big fan of Hooper  and rate the other two as highly as anybody but Hooper has made 60 appearances scoring 19 goals and Fletch 43,for 12 I won't dwell on Rhodes 3 in 27.

The idea that you've given them (not sure which two 15 apiece in one season is very generous and not realistic based on reality or the way we play. I'd be the first to say if we set up to give them the best service possible they might reach your high estimate.

Whose  the left winger that gets 5 a season if you are giving FF this label then please go back to studying?

5 minutes ago, TheEnd1976 said:

Probably not that on the other hand hes not been a good example to the youth set up either they will look at him and  think that's normal  behaviour 

And I'm not talking about a physical sense I'm talking about the psychological  sense with the team to his manager fans to the club in general ever since he got a refuse to go to  Newcastle  all the stems from so clearly he doesn't really what play for us so I don't really want him at my club 

So what I'm trying to say  managers of other clubs will not want to take that risk on him disrupting their group of players

if he's professionalism is like that at our club

refusing to play more than one occasion and Probably  on the occasions we don't even know about

training ground scuffles what sort of training ground scuffles warrants a player to be dismissed from a game ? Obviously more to this

pretty much your entire post is false lol

Guest Copthorneowl
11 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

No you're not simplyfying anything but you have me in stitches and sarcastic as per usual.

What is this choice of "playing two strikers up top that will get 15 goals a season" sorry I'm a big fan of Hooper  and rate the other two as highly as anybody but Hooper has made 60 appearances scoring 19 goals and Fletch 43,for 12 I won't dwell on Rhodes 3 in 27.

The idea that you've given them (not sure which two 15 apiece in one season is very generous and not realistic based on reality or the way we play. I'd be the first to say if we set up to give them the best service possible they might reach your high estimate.

Whose  the left winger that gets 5 a season if you are giving FF this label then please go back to studying?

Ignore the last line posted in error.

35 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

They were example figures... I'm concerned that you feel the need to attempt to patronise me when you seem incapable of understanding that hypothetical figures designed to be an illustrative example are just that and not fact. 

My point is is that I'd rather play 3 players in the starting XI capable of getting a decent goal tally than just two, something that we're limited to if we play FF up front instead of wide

Now do you want to respond to that or aimlessly patronise me further in a mástabatory attempt to make yourself feel superior?