CLUB STATEMENT

3 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

Not a chance half the team on 30 k a week .and your also saying players like palmer on 20 k nobody got a clue wat wages players on including you

Sorry pal but your'e wrong. If you talk to the right people who know these things its funny whats revealed. Several are on above 30k a week.

Basically we've been double shafted by the premier league, football league and FA.

Relegated just before parachute payments and get a rich sugar daddy just after the introduction of FFP.

It's totally unfair

Edited by PeteG_1984

Just now, Mountain Owl said:

Sorry pal but your'e wrong. If you talk to the right people who know these things its funny whats revealed. Several are on above 30k a week.

Several thought it was half the team . Id love to know who these right people are or is it who heard somebody say it on owlstalk

2 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I don't think many on this thread are slating DC but there is questioning of the statement. There would be more empathy if 

1) the players wages is by far the largest outlay and when the squad as 6-10 hangers on that cost a lot but contribute little then there is an annoyance. P &S has two sides to the equation it equals Revenue - Costs. In any other business you would look at your costs probably before anything else. I reckon you could trim £4m off the wage bill and it not be detrimental. Or that is 4m you could spend on your core 24 man squad that is actually needed

2) I do grasp the fact that historically the corporate side was not generating sufficient profit. Profit not revenue is the key term here. However the price rises are so great that from what people say there are no takers. Still making no profit but I guess you know it's not making a loss. I do think the trick being missed is a halfway house approach to pricing. Get it a "must do" status and I just think there might be fringe benefits on sponsorship, using the facilities on non match days. Once you have willing customers then you could nudge up prices. At the moment business folk who make these decisions see PL clubs as better value or complete alternatives such as Donny races as preferable. 

I think the way things have been done has pissed people off too.

From what I've heard it was a like it or lump it attidue toward box holders.

Hate bringing this up but the stripes issue is also an annoying one. DC basically saying buy loads of shirts at top whack but the shirts will be a design on MY choosing. 

DC seems like a top bloke in my ways and we should be thankful to him but his management style and some of his decisions leave a lot to be desired 

Without DC we would still be scraping the free and cheap/injured/ past it player market

His input and commitment is unique to this club and I'm more than happy to go along with his plan

I really don't get the need to slag him off like some are

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, owls101 said:

I think the way things have been done has pissed people off too.

From what I've heard it was a like it or lump it attidue toward box holders.

Hate bringing this up but the stripes issue is also an annoying one. DC basically saying buy loads of shirts at top whack but the shirts will be a design on MY choosing. 

DC seems like a top bloke in my ways and we should be thankful to him but his management style and some of his decisions leave a lot to be desired 

It would have been wise for the club to come up with at least three different designs for this 150th year and then have a poll and let the supporters chose the home shirt. DC has made the choice of shirt which is not shared by a large section of support in my books that was a bad commercial decision.

9 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

Several thought it was half the team . Id love to know who these right people are or is it who heard somebody say it on owlstalk

Hooper

FF

Rhodes

Lees

Fletcher 

Abdi 

Reach

Boyd 

Bannan

Westwood 

I would say above will be on 25-30k+

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, owls101 said:

Hooper

FF

Rhodes

Lees

Fletcher 

Abdi 

Reach

Boyd 

Bannan

Westwood 

I would say above will be on 25-30k+

On average of 27.5k a week thats is 14.3 million and there by far our highest earners so where the 25 mil wage bill from and again it all guess work

Just now, dan1980 said:

On average of 27.5k a week thats is 14.3 million and there by far our highest earners so where the 25 mil wage bill from and again it all guess work

I agree we don't know exactly what each player earns (and nor should we) but when average championship players are driving round in top of the range sports cars I think its safe to say it will be well above minimum wage.

I am getting a vibe that Wednesday have gambled a bit of getting promoted in last 2 seasons and now that has not happened we are going to have to be a bit more shrewd in our dealings.

2 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

I don't think anyone is questioning the amount spent it's how it's been spent that's the problem. We are still signing injured and past it players but the problem is this lot are not cheap. 

Think as well once you has pushed the boat out on wages and transfers then the players who are under performing are a mill stone around your neck. Cant get them off the books as no other club are prepared to match their wages.

Who ever is in charge of transfers and wages we are paying a big price for their lack of judgement.

45 minutes ago, metaframe said:

I don't really like the new shirt, but the way the shirt is being managed now supply chain wise I'd bet a lot more of the cash goes straight to the club. 

So for that reason, I'll be buying one regardless. 

This. I've always refused to buy a new home shirt every year (it's just one big scam!), but I've been buying one every year for the past few years because I believe in Mr Chansiri.

I also buy my baby boy a membership. He's far too young to use it - won't be at games until he's 5 - but I see it as a donation to the cause - and to tell

gim when he's old enough to understand that he's been a member of Sheffield Wednesday since the day he was born. He'll be getting his £50 kit as well, which won't fit him in 6 months too.

Our day will come and Mr Chansiri will get the status as a Premier League club owner that he clearly wants. The guy is probably £70m deep in Wednesday, least we can do is support him however we can.

57 minutes ago, owls101 said:

But last seasons stripeless shirt broken shirt sales and funds generated from any shirt in our history. Maybe 99% of people aren't actually bothered about the stripes?

What I like about the statement is it has a much more conciliatory tone than I expected and than Chansiri has apparently used in meetings with people. 

It seems people are starting to worry though. 

What I don't get is how this savvy businessman has allowed a situation to develop in which we have a totally unbalanced squad as people have been saying.  In the family tuna business would they countenance buying a load of expensive boats and then leave most of them sitting in port doing nothing while they rely on the boats they had originally?

It looks possible that last year was bobbar or bust hence the acquisition of Fletcher, Rhodes, Winnall and Abdi and the cautious pragmatic football but the gamble failed and now we have to regroup.

We have to decide which players we need and try and flog the others. For me that's selling Matias, Abdi, Rhodes, Fessi and Nuhui at least - for differing reasons to raise money, build a team ethic, reduce wages and settle on a balanced squad of players who will actually play. That's assuming CC stays. I wouldn't criticise Chansiri for that or for trying a different tack. I wouldn't have criticised him for buying fewer players.

Who has been buying the players? If it's Carlos and we are up against FFP he should be sacked. If it's advisers - they should be. 

I also dont don't see how the shop is in such a state over 2 years after Chansiri arrived.

Richards went bobbar or bust and it cost us dear. This though is Chansiri's own dosh and he has a huge stake in this working out.  Fingers crossed. 

2 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

But last seasons stripeless shirt broken shirt sales and funds generated from any shirt in our history. Maybe 99% of people aren't actually bothered about the stripes?

Point was about the decision making process rather than the stripes issue specifically.

Guest Kameron
1 hour ago, owls101 said:

Being close to FFP limit and running out of cash are two very different things. From the statement we are in the former position.  

We'll never know but if he was seriously minted FFP would not be an issue, I believe he had a pot of money and he is now nearing what he is prepared to spend..  Why have so many squad players?? Get it trimmed and spend more wisely, it's not the supporters fault CC has wasted millions, this could very easily go boobies up if he's not careful.