CLUB STATEMENT

Guest Deleted member

24 boxes at Hillsborough 

If they had been sold at £500 ea tonight, with a pie and peas meal, no drinks allowance they would have sold out. £12k against FFP.

Not even put them on sale I understand. Can't understand it. It's an asset we aren't using. 

If we had launched our shirt earlier in the summer, even without stripes, wed have sold 20k (more of it was stripes). Another £1.1m - lost for now 

It's OK complaining to the fans in club statements that he's got to make the prices what they are. But when they sold next to no boxes or corporate  packages last season - how many more was he expecting to sell by ramping the prices up again? 

It really makes no sense at all. And that's why the statement worries me 

25 minutes ago, Grandad said:

24 boxes at Hillsborough 

If they had been sold at £500 ea tonight, with a pie and peas meal, no drinks allowance they would have sold out. £12k against FFP.

Not even put them on sale I understand. Can't understand it. It's an asset we aren't using. 

If we had launched our shirt earlier in the summer, even without stripes, wed have sold 20k (more of it was stripes). Another £1.1m - lost for now 

It's OK complaining to the fans in club statements that he's got to make the prices what they are. But when they sold next to no boxes or corporate  packages last season - how many more was he expecting to sell by ramping the prices up again? 

The amount of people believing the misinformation worries me more.

Guest Maxine
44 minutes ago, ANDY said:

not being able to afford a shirt or a ticket is no measure of anybodies  wednesdayness

Great word wednesdayness

1 hour ago, Finlux_Cup said:

That 1, 2 or 3yrs lost revenue will be a drop in the ocean, it's a gamble that DC is making granted but he's been pretty successful with his price hikes so far!

When you are (mis)managing a business losing £10-£15m a year you cannot afford to ignore any profit...drop in the ocean or not.

41 minutes ago, Grandad said:

24 boxes at Hillsborough 

Completely agree. 

Not only is it bad business it's also creating a bad vibes and resentment within the fan base.

Guest Kameron
5 hours ago, SiJ said:

You mean get promoted? 

Look - you might be eventually be right, but I think to be writing the clubs obituary already is a bit premature. 

Surely the fact that Chansiri is mindful of FFP should be seen as a positive? 

If he so mindfull of FFP, why is he not doing everything in his power to maximise revenue streams?? 

2 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Those gambling with a business with costs in the mid to high £30m's and revenues in the low to mid £20m's

This might come as a shock to you but Brighton 'mis-managed' their finances far more than we did over the last couple of seasons. Most teams in this division will be running at a loss without parachute payments. Doesn't make it right but there is little way of competing without overspending. The gamble will pay off for some and not for others.

Killing time in the pub before the game, son delayed from Manchester so playing catch up on here.

Does every f*******n thread have to end up as a whine about everything to do with the club.

Even the Matchday thread has turned into a CC  whine.

Can't we have a mega whine thread where it all goes into one place. 

Only trouble is, at the moment there would be no other threads or posts. 

Maybe re name it Owlswhinge. 

Cue the very predictable & over used "moaning about moaners" come back. 

It is getting a bit out of hand though!!!

Talk about negativity breeding more negativity.

3 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Killing time in the pub before the game, son delayed from Manchester so playing catch up on here.

Does every f*******n thread have to end up as a whine about everything to do with the club.

Even the Matchday thread has turned into a CC  whine.

Can't we have a mega whine thread where it all goes into one place. 

Only trouble is, at the moment there would be no other threads or posts. 

Maybe re name it Owlswhinge. 

Cue the very predictable & over used "moaning about moaners" come back. 

It is getting a bit out of hand though!!!

Talk about negativity breeding more negativity.

Owlstalk in direct competition with the BBC to see who can be the more negative. I stopped watching the BBC for exactly this.

52 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Owlstalk in direct competition with the BBC to see who can be the more negative. I stopped watching the BBC for exactly this.

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Eh? 

We're simply a platform like Facebook, Twitter or a pub snug

Oh, OK, please allow me to retract my post and issue a new one.

Owlstalk contributors in direct competition with BBC journalists and editors to see who can be more negative.

Not Owlstalk itself.

Now can we have the picture with the ghost in the south stand?

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

This might come as a shock to you but Brighton 'mis-managed' their finances far more than we did over the last couple of seasons. Most teams in this division will be running at a loss without parachute payments. Doesn't make it right but there is little way of competing without overspending. The gamble will pay off for some and not for others.

And reading back for the origin of the comment might be helpful for you...against the background of almost inevitably overspending you would think that no business would turn-away the relatively easy money of the exec-boxes which was the gamble referred to in the earlier post.