CLUB STATEMENT

11 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

There's a lot of doubt - especially as other teams strengthen and we don't. But that's sport - and not something I would criticise Chansiri for if we never make it. It's out of his control.  

I am pessmistic about a lot of things right now, chiefly that Carlos is still here, however comfortable with DC and very confident in time it will come right. 

Having read the star article about Chansiri and FFP, the first thing that struck me about it, why is there a picture of Chansiri on there with Peter Ridsdale? :duntmatter:

Chansiri talks sense about FFP but then why have we brought in so many players; older players and why do we insist on not selling anyone? Other top clubs at this level make money from sales and then reinvest some of it in the team. Player sales and sponsorship, etc are ways of getting around FFP without bleeding the fans dry. What worries me most is that picture with Peter Ridsdale. Someone tell me in order to calm my nerves and anxiety, that Ridsdale isn't one of the people giving Chansiri advice? Because after seeing what he did at Leeds and Cardiff among others, that alarms me, if that's the type of person that Chansiri is listening to and turning to for advice. WTF:

2 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Having read the star article about Chansiri and FFP, the first thing that struck me about it, why is there a picture of Chansiri on there with Peter Ridsdale? :duntmatter:

Chansiri talks sense about FFP but then why have we brought in so many players; older players and why do we insist on not selling anyone? Other top clubs at this level make money from sales and then reinvest some of it in the team. Player sales and sponsorship, etc are ways of getting around FFP without bleeding the fans dry. What worries me most is that picture with Peter Ridsdale. Someone tell me in order to calm my nerves and anxiety, that Ridsdale isn't one of the people giving Chansiri advice? Because after seeing what he did at Leeds and Cardiff among others, that alarms me, if that's the type of person that Chansiri is listening to and turning to for advice. WTF:

Suspect we needed established players to give us an instant hit. I understand frustration with this short term view but we have improved the quality of our squad significantly. Takes time to put a scouting system in place and we had no youth programme so to speak given years of under-investment. 

This season and particularly next, I would like to see us supplement our established players with some youth to develop the club and give opportunity for player development. If for nothing else DC is going to have to look at this from a FFP point of view as older players have little to no financial return and is like weeing money away. We buy a younger player for £3-5m develop and if needed sell for £15-20m allows the club to progress, certainly in terms of FFP.

1 minute ago, striker said:

Suspect we needed established players to give us an instant hit. I understand frustration with this short term view but we have improved the quality of our squad significantly. Takes time to put a scouting system in place and we had no youth programme so to speak given years of under-investment. 

This season and particularly next, I would like to see us supplement our established players with some youth to develop the club and give opportunity for player development. If for nothing else DC is going to have to look at this from a FFP point of view as older players have little to no financial return and is like weeing money away. We buy a younger player for £3-5m develop and if needed sell for £15-20m allows the club to progress, certainly in terms of FFP.

The squad has improved, especially the strikers. But the football doesn't show that with our lack of attacking intent and our slow negative football. The recruitment as been unfocused, instead of focusing on what we needed after Wembley and addressing our weaknesses, we have since brought in plenty of quality midfielders and attackers, many of whom we didn't need or struggle to fit in. Quite a few are around their 30's, on long contracts and big wages but have no re-sale value. Whilst we still need to address the same weaknesses that needed addressing after Carlos' first season. 

To me it seems, Chansiri has all the right intentions, he listens to the fan's and he wants to get us promoted but worryingly it seems like he's getting poorly advised by whomever? 

Just now, Mr. Wednesday said:

The squad has improved, especially the strikers. But the football doesn't show that with our lack of attacking intent and our slow negative football. The recruitment as been unfocused, instead of focusing on what we needed after Wembley and addressing our weaknesses, we have since brought in plenty of quality midfielders and attackers, many of whom we didn't need or struggle to fit in. Quite a few are around their 30's, on long contracts and big wages but have no re-sale value. Whilst we still need to address the same weaknesses that needed addressing after Carlos' first season. 

To me it seems, Chansiri has all the right intentions, he listens to the fan's and he wants to get us promoted but worryingly it seems like he's getting poorly advised by whomever? 

Agree fella, DC has the right intentions and wants to do the right things and suspect a lot of those contracts were recommended/negotiated by the 'committee'. 

Don't disagree that the recruitment in unfocused, have not addressed weak areas and our football is dire, everybody can see it...the fault for this firmly lies with CC and if Chansiri has an obvious flaw it is this loyalty to CC. Saddens me to see the attacking talent we have looking clueless.

51 minutes ago, owls101 said:

From what we know DC is very involved in player recruitment along with his 'advisors' so he has to take some responsibility.

Pretty sure he didn't buy Rhodes, Forestieri, Hooper, Abdi and co. to play negative football! Though he has kept faith with Carlos for now, which I understand after a 6th and 4th placed finish to be honest.

Didn't we get rid of Gray because Chansiri wanted attacking football? He got what he wanted in the first year so maybe as owner he needs to have a word with his manager and say go back to this.

I think the fans would be more on board with if we didn't go up at least we had a go

49 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

What transfer committee? 

Carlos is responsible for transfers. He has stated so on numerous occasions.

Ok then.

If that's the case why has Chansiri allowed him to continue, if Chansiri himself is aware of FFP restrictions?

The tea lady could decide on the signings for all it matters, the money comes from the top either way and is sanctioned by the owner.

We've stockpiled players in the hope we could get promotion and the question is what's happening if we fall short again? 

Just now, AMB1867 said:

Seems to me we are being blackmailed to an extent. 

"Pay the prices or get a crap team"

I don't think genuine Wednesday fans have ever asked for cheap tickets, just a lot more reasonable than they currently are.

Yeah, like when we had a crap team.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Pay higher ticket prices and buy the tacky poorly designed non striped home shirts so that we can get better players but hardly see any of them or see them wasted in negative ultra defensive slow tempo football :duntmatter::ghoulguy:

Or don't buy the shirt or tickets.

choice is yours

2 hours ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Theyll all be sold when we're in the Prem!

But we aren't in the Prem. We are in the Championship. We are the most expensive by a long way and would be up there at being the most expensive in the Prem too (Outside of the top 6). 

Guest Deleted member

Are people really stupid enough to believe that 

A. The Chairman is happy to see the boxes empty because he's set prices to prepare box holders for the Premier League 

B. That he buys every box not sold as a way round FFP

C. That box holders that were already paying some of the highest prices in the Championship at £23k were somehow costing the club money and were 'hangers on, the ten bob millionaire's'

Having read numerous threads on this since the beginning of last season. Yes. It seems they really are that stupid 

2 minutes ago, OurDan said:

WAWAW... Unless you can't afford it then you arent a TrueFan

not being able to afford a shirt or a ticket is no measure of anybodies  wednesdayness