CLUB STATEMENT

6 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Stripes cost nothing! It's an easy fix. Ticket prices are simple. He has the categories to hand and lots of templates to follow at other clubs.

Then he'll have me totally on board and my on-pitch patience will become all the more valuable and noticed. 

lol

Don't think the ticket prices are as simple as you make out anymore, without wanting to open that can of worms again, we can't sell season tickets, which have been sold in record numbers, at more than £600 and then consistently offer match-day tickets at less than £30 per game.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Don't think the ticket prices are as simple as you make out anymore, without wanting to open that can of worms again, we can't sell season tickets, which have been sold in record numbers, at more than £600 and then consistently offer match-day tickets at less than £30 per game.

I'd happily accept a partial refund.

lol

4 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

It's really simple - sell a player, or rather, don't spend 10 million quid on one we didn't need - better still, dont pay thousands of pounds a week on players who don't even get a sniff.

It just doesn't wash with me - we've been so frivolous with our spending, I'm staggered so many lap it up.

Unreal isn't it? It's like some people just don't want to do the sums.

We're paying individual players £1m a year to sit on the bench, and people are like nodding dogs when DC tells them the way to get to the Premier League is to make an extra £100k tops on kit sales and £300k tops on exec boxes.

Since the play off final we've probably spent £20m on transfers and upped our wage bill by about £6m a year. That's about £26m in 16 months. Of that £26m only Adam Reach has been anything like regular in the side that didn't feature in the play off final.

So lets effectively squander £20m on not improving the team, and then tell the supporters that 'we can go back to lower prices and less investment in the squad if we wish'.

Come off it.

25k+ through the door with the highest ticket prices in the league.

Away allocation sold out as quick as the clumsy website can manage it.

Record season ticket sales.

Don't tell me that's not good enough backing.

This statement smacks of DC's frustrations getting the better of him to me- like I've heard it did when he held a meeting about the corporate prices with box holders last season.

A bit of moaning and groaning from (justifiably) disgruntled supporters is not even close to being an issue - try looking at the £20m wasted since Wembley and flog a bit of the deadwood if you want some breathing space with FFP, P&S or whatever you want to call it. 

• Thanks 1

Guest Deleted member

I think this is the most worrying thing Ive read from the club since Nick Parker was on the steps of the High Court

:-(

Edited by Deleted member

53 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

If we'd done it exactly like the Huddersfield way we would be in the Premier League.

lol

Let's see how easy we find it to move players on.

Maybe there's a happy medium. We are an extreme when it comes to pricing and we have an owner who has scrapped the shirts I happened to identify with strongly. I don't like it. Sorry but that's not bull. 

How the fouuk do you work that out? pretty sure you can have 4 chairmen in the play-offs all copying the udders blueprint but still only one will get a ticket to the PL.

Why move on to tickets pricing and stripes to say you dont talk bull? that has nowt to do with what i quoted you in, which was the 'buying' or 'loaning' route. stay on topic. 

you have basically told us that had our chairman spent only a fraction of what he has, with no 'assets' to show for it, you would be applauding him... like i say, i smell bull. 

Why not admit you haven't got it in you to praise him for anything, and had DC indeed gone down your preferred route of 'loaning' -

you, like most of us on here, would have been calling him all the tight git names under the sun.

Guest Deleted member
2 minutes ago, GY-owl.4 said:

How the fouuk do you work that out? pretty sure you can have 4 chairmen in the play-offs all copying the udders blueprint but still only one will get a ticket to the PL.

Why move on to tickets pricing and stripes to say you dont talk bull? that has nowt to do with what i quoted you in, which was the 'buying' or 'loaning' route. stay on topic. 

you have basically told us that had our chairman spent only a fraction of what he has, with no 'assets' to show for it, you would be applauding him... like i say, i smell bull. 

Why not admit you haven't got it in you to praise him for anything, and had DC indeed gone down your preferred route of 'loaning' -

you, like most of us on here, would have been calling him all the tight git names under the sun.

The clubs financial stability is far more important than what division we play in

5 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I think this is the most worrying thing Ive read from the club since Nick Parker was on the steps of the High Court

:-(

Why, what his it told you that we weren't already fully aware of? Other than the suggestion that last seasons £55 replica shirts will be £60 this season!

15 minutes ago, GY-owl.4 said:

Rather intemperate. 

Ticket prices are part of the Huddersfield philosophy so were very relevant to the point I was making. 

I'm a traditionalist who enjoys watching Wednesday in our traditional kit, in a following full of camaraderie, with fans paying what I consider reasonable prices following a team that shows passion and tries to play attacking football.

Do that and I am totally happy. I actually don't ask for much. My first season watching regularly was 74/75 - maybe that means I'll accept any oldshite. 

Preston could have charged a bomb to milk us. They didn't- they charged £24 and played with ability and passion. 

Edited by rickygoo

At the moment it appears we are trying to out Arsenal the Arsenal Fans, I for one hate it. Their fans are bob it hurts to think our fans are going the same way.

Football form never progresses in a straight line, too many variables and hiccups along the way. We should make a better and more dignified stand than we have done this last weekend.

Bit of a shame that ! :sad:  

2 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

That's a reasonable post, but Saturday was just so, so bad that if it's repeated on Saturday and Wednesday next week then I'm not sure Carlos will be able to stand the heat.

Agreed, Saturday was an inexcusable performance for any part of the season never mind an opening day fixture with a 6000 away following. CC needs to find a balanced midfield to give us a chance going forward.

That statement says nothing.

What's happening next summer if we fail to get promotion this season?

All we've heard is promotion this, promotion that and spending whatever is necessary.

So what happens if we don't go up?

Is there a plan B and how do we stabilise without selling off our best assets on the cheap? Big decisions will have to be made according to the Chairman himself.

Right now I've a feeling that every egg has been chucked into one basket in the belief that we'll get promoted when the harsh reality is that half the division have the same ambitions, plenty of them with the resources to match the ones we've already spent two years wasting.

Neg away all you like, if indeed you feel the need but think about what happened at Forest. Rich owners who wanted to be hands on that spent, spent and spent some more but ultimately paid the price for both underestimating fans loyalty and the competitive nature of the Championship. 

I don't suggest for one minute that people throw abuse Chansiri's way but I'm keeping cautious as to what the real effect of our mad spending will be come next may if we're still at this level.