Is Carlos stubborn or incompetant?

14 minutes ago, The Claw said:

no heart in the warm up, something is amiss. if this carries on hell be gone in three months........

Can we afford that much time lost?

His opening fixtures aren't bad at all either.

You'd think he'd have realised that the same tactics employed against Preston almost lost us the game last year.

An undeserved Reach equaliser saved us a point. Luck didn't save him on Saturday.

Bit of both at times, but he does have that Wenger and Mourinho stubborness about him.You can have a free pass for a while being stubborn if you've won what they have but Carlos has no evidence his current style achieves the final target.

He seems to think his ideas are right and that if he has the perfect season with great efficiency eventually it'll work.

Probably looked back at 5 games or so last season and thought on another day we'd have won that with my system and gone up automatically.So i'll stick with it and grind out a few more points in those games hopefully.It's a bit of a lazy, hopeful approach in many ways.

2 hours ago, Davetherave said:

The only problem we have is we can't score goals.

Shouldn't we be addressing questions and asking the likes of 

Rhodes, Fletcher, Hooper et al.

All on more money a month than anyone posting on here is likely to see in a year.

What's going on lads???

I've already answered this one on another thread. The defensive way we set up and with no KL or McGugan the lack of support and runners from the mid or wide to join them leaves them consistently isolated and outnumbered, how can you play a knock back or a one two without anyone forward enough to play it to especially when they don't have the pace to turn a man or run past you ,as Jones, hutch, Bannan all sit deep and don't really break forward helping to create space or confusion in the defence. It's easy to organise when you have a static strike force playing with their backs to you with no one in support or running from deep past them . Basic level coaching. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

3 hours ago, Fibonacci91 said:

I think fans are more annoyed with management than players.

I think we could have turned ourselves into serious promotion favorites by spending 10 mil on 2 full backs and a centre back. It screams out at you. Yet he hasnt moved on even one of these issues and hasnt addressed obvious problems in tactics from last year, like getting not enough out of wingers and having too much of a gap between midfield and attack. These things are really obvious yet haven't been dealt with. It is the obviousness of these problems that has led to fans being annoyed. He must have noticed these problems therefore he has to have chosen not to deal with them and hope us to be as effective as other teams that have improved. A bit strange.

he has no idea 1st year superb.2nd will all the cash he had average.3rd year well we all know i think, taxi!!!!

Stubborn? By not doing what people with very little management experience on a football forum want him to do?

Incompenent by getting the team to 6th and 4th in one of the most competitive leagues in the world

Thats the problem with this forum..something gets repeated so many times it almost becomes fact in peoples minds...and it very quickly becomes a circle jerk

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

1 minute ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Stubborn? By not doing what people with very little management experience on a football forum want him to do?

Incompenent by getting the team to 6th and 4th in one of the most competitive leagues in the world

Thats the problem with this forum..something gets repeated so many times it almost becomes fact in peoples minds...and it very quickly becomes a circle jerk

I know you're very pro-Carlos mate (so I'm I though there are some misgivings), but you've got to agree that he is a bit stubborn in some respects. - the insistence on playing 4-4-2, the picking of certain favorites, the shoehorning of certain favorites into midfield. 

I think after last season's containing/negative tactics the whole team has just forgotten how to play with any freedom.

We're totally shot of confidence, 10 shots in 4 games, especially such important games, tells you something is fundamentally wrong and it's not just Carlos.

3 hours ago, Davetherave said:

The only problem we have is we can't score goals.

Shouldn't we be addressing questions and asking the likes of 

Rhodes, Fletcher, Hooper et al.

All on more money a month than anyone posting on here is likely to see in a year.

What's going on lads???

not getting the ball

24 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I know you're very pro-Carlos mate (so I'm I though there are some misgivings), but you've got to agree that he is a bit stubborn in some respects. - the insistence on playing 4-4-2, the picking of certain favorites, the shoehorning of certain favorites into midfield. 

Its not looking good at the moment..but it also didnt at the end of the barnsley away match last year before we went on that incredible run..its actually been up and down since he got here..we even had a terrible run in his first season and people were flouncing then but people quickly forgot that..

Saturday was bloody awful no doubt but i wish people would hold their nerve and we can quickly put the negativity to bed and start from scratch on saturday.

Oh i agree that winnal and abdi should be given a chance..but we have enough in the 11 on the pitch to win matches..i actually think carlos knows a lot about how to put an attacking team out, but last year he wanted to try to put together a solid defensive unit and try and marry them..then he decided to try and mix it up with a traditional long ball..and it nearly paid off.

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

4 hours ago, Fibonacci91 said:

I think fans are more annoyed with management than players.

I think we could have turned ourselves into serious promotion favorites by spending 10 mil on 2 full backs and a centre back. It screams out at you. Yet he hasnt moved on even one of these issues and hasnt addressed obvious problems in tactics from last year, like getting not enough out of wingers and having too much of a gap between midfield and attack. These things are really obvious yet haven't been dealt with. It is the obviousness of these problems that has led to fans being annoyed. He must have noticed these problems therefore he has to have chosen not to deal with them and hope us to be as effective as other teams that have improved. A bit strange.

He's cautious.

All that's really needed are centre backs. He's identified who he wants but the aquisition is out of his hands, that's down to DC who is trying to keep within FFP.

It's not a case of them being ignored, just trying to do the right buisness and get the required players for a reasonable deal.

With additional/better defenders he will have more confidence in the team for attacking...

4 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Prefer the term deluded.

He said in his interview we will return to our normal football. What I saw against Preston was very reminiscent of what I saw last season.

And pre season, we have no hope