Is Carlos stubborn or incompetant?

Leeds will absolutely sail past us too with a far weaker squad.

It really winds me up, such a flipping waste of talent. 3 goals in one half and we're begging to hit the target 3 times.

The pigs will too.

4 hours ago, AwokenGiant said:

If CC is deluded and incompetent then God only knows what some of the managers before him were? 

but that was the past and none of them had 2 pence to spend ,carlos has a players wage budget of 25 million , and has spend upwards of 30 million in transfer fees it was a once in a generation chance of going up which he blew with those disgraceful tactics in playoffs ,which he has carried on with into this season ,a lot of players never even played or hardly played what we signed since he been here ie urby,kean,lachman,sougou,abdi,matias I can go on and  made mcgugan unemployable . most of his signings this last 14 months have been a big/huge letdown some strikers like Rhodes,winnall were free scoring strikers now they will be lucky to get 5-10 in a season the way we set up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, handworth52 said:

but that was the past and none of them had 2 pence to spend ,carlos has a players wage budget of 25 million , and has spend upwards of 30 million in transfer fees it was a once in a generation chance of going up which he blew with those disgraceful tactics in playoffs ,which he has carried on with into this season ,a lot of players never even played or hardly played what we signed since he been here ie urby,kean,lachman,sougou,abdi,matias I can go on and  made mcgugan unemployable . most of his signings this last 14 months have been a big/huge letdown some strikers like Rhodes,winnall were free scoring strikers now they will be lucky to get 5-10 in a season the way we set up.

cant disagree with that

4 hours ago, Davetherave said:

The only problem we have is we can't score goals.

Shouldn't we be addressing questions and asking the likes of 

Rhodes, Fletcher, Hooper et al.

All on more money a month than anyone posting on here is likely to see in a year.

What's going on lads???

I bet the strikers are gutted they are missing so many golden opportunities, I've never seen a team cross so many pin point balls into the box !

1 minute ago, Bluey9 said:

I bet the strikers are gutted they are missing so many golden opportunities, I've never seen a team cross so many pin point balls into the box !

Yes, attacking full backs providing excellent deliveries into the box, aggressive forward thinking midfield, what can be wrong.

5 hours ago, Fibonacci91 said:

I think fans are more annoyed with management than players.

I think we could have turned ourselves into serious promotion favorites by spending 10 mil on 2 full backs and a centre back. It screams out at you. Yet he hasnt moved on even one of these issues and hasnt addressed obvious problems in tactics from last year, like getting not enough out of wingers and having too much of a gap between midfield and attack. These things are really obvious yet haven't been dealt with. It is the obviousness of these problems that has led to fans being annoyed. He must have noticed these problems therefore he has to have chosen not to deal with them and hope us to be as effective as other teams that have improved. A bit strange.

None just brilliant 

7 hours ago, Plonk said:

Mmmm.  Seems to be lots of newish posters arriving on here with negative views. 

Is that because if they are new and haven't been on owlstalk since time immemorial they cannot be true fans?

Is it because they are new they must be kids so know nowt?

Or are all new posers grunters?

Mmmm. You tell me because i'm not sure what you mean.

6 hours ago, sirlawrenceofmadden said:

This, absolutely - on this basis every manager in any league who is not placed 1st or 2nd is incompetent. It's fortunate 'normal' jobs aren't based on this hypothesis else we'd be all out of work. 

Its a joke the criticism - yes there are problems but i'm always amazed by how people just discount last season where we were the 4th best team in the league.

Every win is described as via default cos we didnt play well etc.......

I think he got it wrong on saturday - particularly with his forward line - give the bloke a chance for gods sake. we've improved year on year. I tell you what we'll end up like if we're not careful.....Derby......couple of play off defeats - half a dozen managers - and suddenly potential play off instead of certs.

Just chill out for a bit. if at xmas were nowhere near then yeah - have a think. Not cos we got beat to preston on first day and didn't play well.

We never get out at preston anyway - ever.

On 8/7/2017 at 09:51, SallyCinnamon said:

Prefer the term deluded.

He said in his interview we will return to our normal football. What I saw against Preston was very reminiscent of what I saw last season.

This. He keeps thinking his pride and joy the 4-4-2 is the best possible option for this side when clearly it's not.

On 07/08/2017 at 15:49, Fibonacci91 said:

I think fans are more annoyed with management than players.

I think we could have turned ourselves into serious promotion favorites by spending 10 mil on 2 full backs and a centre back. It screams out at you. Yet he hasnt moved on even one of these issues and hasnt addressed obvious problems in tactics from last year, like getting not enough out of wingers and having too much of a gap between midfield and attack. These things are really obvious yet haven't been dealt with. It is the obviousness of these problems that has led to fans being annoyed. He must have noticed these problems therefore he has to have chosen not to deal with them and hope us to be as effective as other teams that have improved. A bit strange.

As stated previously, after the play off final, the brighter amongst knew we needed more attacking pace, a bit of strength/power in central midfield, a dominant centre back and a quality left back (possibly right back to in an ideal world)

The first 11 would be improved and the squad would be very healthy.

Despite having spent well over £20m we still need EXACTLY the same!!

BUT

We improved last year, so that shows competence on the managerial front in terms of the team. The biggest weakness is our recruitment.

Not one of those new recruits last year makes a positive difference to the original play off final team. (Possibly only Fletcher in my opinion)

• Like 1

All managers are stubborn they have to be

All managers have favourites , players they think they can rely on to a job

I can imagine what Carlos is thinking . We finished 4th last year with long term injuries to some of our best players. Hooper Lee for example are recognised on here as people who improve the team so if we can avoid injuries we should do better 

However I think he is wrong. The league moves on , the opposition know our weaknesses and it all becomes difficult .

We need to change and improve and we are not doing it at the moment 

19 hours ago, Bluey9 said:

It's not all about pin point crosses, which of course there hasn't been any ... it's being

able to score, or to look like you are going to, when you get the ball from anywhere from 10 yds outside the box.