Shouldn't we be in for Huddlestone?

4 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

Every supporter knows that's what we need ,except Carlos I don't think Milan m would put up with this if he was in charge ,chansiri admitted he had no knowledge about football when he came if he had a decent adviser I think we would have been up by now .why can other clubs get these players or find gems from other countries and we can't.? With the much higher compition this season a top 6 finish will be tough we ain't enough top 2 players to be in top 2 my opinion .

4 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

Every supporter knows that's what we need ,except Carlos I don't think Milan m would put up with this if he was in charge ,chansiri admitted he had no knowledge about football when he came if he had a decent adviser I think we would have been up by now .why can other clubs get these players or find gems from other countries and we can't.? With the much higher compition this season a top 6 finish will be tough we ain't enough top 2 players to be in top 2 my opinion .

fully agree mate

not a chance of top 2 atm

6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

In the six game run, Jones and Lee.

I think we are over reliant on Hutchinson at times. 

I still think we need an extra physical presence in midfield.  A kind of insurance policy if Hutchinson gets injured.  

10 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Derby imo will be a different beast this season. Rowett is a good manager and he seems to be making some useful signings with Wisdom and Davies already signed and them having money from selling Ince, Hughes and Christie. 

Derby are about to become mid table no-bodies, with some good solid has beens in their side.

10 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

why can other clubs get these players or find gems from other countries and we can't.? 

Do you mean like a Westwood type, a Bannan, a Lees, a Hutchinson, a Fletcher, a Wallace, a Boyd, a Loovens, a Lee?

God knows why we can't find these gems!!

Quite a lot of negative comments regarding Huddlestone on here. 

Just for balance Hull fans seem annoyed and gutted he's leaving. A very talented player that does a solid job. No surprise he's spent most of his career in the prem. I'm surprised he's not that good according to most of the experts on here. 

To quote a Hull fan. "Davies and Huddlestone for  £2.5M. Derby have dry bummed us"

1 minute ago, DuncOwl said:

Do you mean like a Westwood type, a Bannan, a Lees, a Hutchinson, a Fletcher, a Wallace, a Boyd, a Loovens, a Lee?

God knows why we can't find these gems!!

Lee is a gem we got him from Oldham and that was way before Carlos came,as for Wallace loovens fletcher these players are on there last contract on very good money ,hardly gems .our wage bill is mega easily 25 million now .

1 minute ago, handworth52 said:

Lee is a gem we got him from Oldham and that was way before Carlos came,as for Wallace loovens fletcher these players are on there last contract on very good money ,hardly gems .our wage bill is mega easily 25 million now .

You think Huddlestone will be on pittance? He'll be on more than them, except for Fletcher. What about Hutch, Lees and Westwood. I'd take them cumulatively over Derby's gems any day of the week. Name me another "gem" that they've got!

56 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Tom Hundredstone has always been too fat and lazy to go box-to-box. Fantastic on the ball - probably better than both Jones and Bannan, but they're pretty good. Huddlestone wouldn't bring the missing ingredient. Livermore and Diamé were the athletic ones in Hull's midfield. 

Exactly and Huddlestone pulled the strings. 

Bannan does that for us and doesn't anyone honestly think that Carlos is going to replace Bannan.

7 minutes ago, DuncOwl said:

You think Huddlestone will be on pittance? He'll be on more than them, except for Fletcher. What about Hutch, Lees and Westwood. I'd take them cumulatively over Derby's gems any day of the week. Name me another "gem" that they've got!

Curtis Davis what a bargain he is at 2 million 

with the right player at the side of him Huddlestone would be a force to be reckoned with at any team in the championship

Yes he'll need a grafter at the side of him, but he offers a hell of a lot more going forward in terms of vision and passing then maybe what we have at the moment ..

just question marks over his work rate and his ability to get around the pitch - haven't really seen him in last couple of years for Hull

56 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

Derby are about to become mid table no-bodies, with some good solid has beens in their side.

I hope you're right, just can't help thinking Derby could be a serious contender with Rowett and the proven championship players they are bringing in. Birmingham were full of crap and he got them to whistle a tune. They imploded as soon as he was sacked.

He'll be a good signing for Derby.

I can see them doing well with Rowett in charge.

I don't think he's what we need though.

I reckon we would be best off bringing in someone younger like Jackson Irvine, Ryan Woods or Ben Osborn, if we bring in another midfielder.

However I would like to see Abdi have more of a significant role this season and I think most of all we need a powerful ball playing centre back like Kyle Bartley. We would be best off using our budget this summer to bring in a quality centre back.