Shouldn't we be in for Huddlestone?

Why are some fans 'fixated' with our MF?? Individually we have good players and fan favourites in Lee, BB, Hutch as well as others who didn't get many games. 

It it looks like we're entering a third campaign with the same - do we not think it could be improved? After all the current lot (and I'm not blaming MF for our frailties) haven't got us promoted so why should we think they will this season?

after the Hull final a lot of fans were saying we were lacking in MF - personally I think that's still the case. 

Never been addressed since the Hull final. I dislike Joey Barton but that's the sort of player we have missed (on the pitch). Lee and Bannon have the combined height of 6' 1'' and no physical presence. Hutchinson is a liability with the added crumbly leg syndrome. Great servants but I'm not convinced they will get us over the line.

2 hours ago, fatzooma said:

Never been addressed since the Hull final. I dislike Joey Barton but that's the sort of player we have missed (on the pitch). Lee and Bannon have the combined height of 6' 1'' and no physical presence. Hutchinson is a liability with the added crumbly leg syndrome. Great servants but I'm not convinced they will get us over the line.

It's not a height thing for me - it's more the lack of physicality. We lose a high percentage of 50/50 challenges in the middle of the park- Bannan and Lee are constantly caught the wrong side, and neither of them seems to shield the back four particularly well, or has the pace to recover a decent position when they're caught a little too far up the pitch. 

I like them both, and in some games they work as a pair, but it seems against the better sides we need something different.

1 minute ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Sadly, he played bloody well at Wembley. 

Bizarre how so many people think he's like Patrick Viera... 

He's a lazy player that plays just off the shoulder of the striker. Never been a midfield powerhouse. He's a wet lettuce 

46 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

It's not a height thing for me - it's more the lack of physicality. We lose a high percentage of 50/50 challenges in the middle of the park- Bannan and Lee are constantly caught the wrong side, and neither of them seems to shield the back four particularly well, or has the pace to recover a decent position when they're caught a little too far up the pitch. 

I like them both, and in some games they work as a pair, but it seems against the better sides we need something different.

Glen Wheelan .