Shouldn't we be in for Huddlestone?

4 hours ago, Ronio said:

I think we are over reliant on Hutchinson at times. 

I still think we need an extra physical presence in midfield.  A kind of insurance policy if Hutchinson gets injured.  

Absolutely, it's vital but we don't seem to acknowledge it

manager might not like that type of player but they do well here for a reason

Edited by Bluesteel

8 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Derby imo will be a different beast this season. Rowett is a good manager and he seems to be making some useful signings with Wisdom and Davies already signed and them having money from selling Ince, Hughes and Christie. 

Yep out with tippy tappy and in with muscle and winning experience. Annoying derby tail pullers

Guest Kameron
8 hours ago, offalyowl said:

I think we need to get our defence sorted first and foremost and if we bring in anyone after that is a bonus and think we have enough midfielders so let Derby have him as think we have better than him 

Is that our defence that's been amongst the best in the division for the past two seasons???  We need a replacement for Loovens if CC is not going to use Hutch at the back, we only need two if we get a big offer for Lees.  CC hasn't learned a thing, he continues with the same three shoehorned into his midfield that have come up short when it really mattered.  There will be no promotion with a midfield that contains Bannan, Lee and Hutch, look at our better spells of form during the last two seasons, they came about when that midfield was split up due to injury or suspension.

3 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Would prefer Jackson Irvine as far more energy a real box to box player.huddlestone plays to deep and that was the fundamental problem last season we were 10 yards to deep. 

Whilst I think he's a quality player, just think his immobile style wouldn't work well in our high energy style / midfield. 

Irvine in the other hand, could be great! Although just like several other areas, center mid is probably not a priority. But if we can get him in for a few million I'd love him in as an option. 

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

Whilst I think he's a quality player, just think his immobile style wouldn't work well in our high energy style / midfield. 

Irvine in the other hand, could be great! Although just like several other areas, center mid is probably not a priority. But if we can get him in for a few million I'd love him in as an option. 

Well put

11 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Neither does Jones. Huddlestone would be a big upgrade.

Now we all recognise jones has been poor this year even Shelvey said it at half time after he skinned him and took half way shot. He actually said he's shIIIT

7 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

Now we all recognise jones has been poor this year even Shelvey said it at half time after he skinned him and took half way shot. He actually said he's shIIIT

Personally I think Jones is a decent player, certainly not poo . Getting skinned by Shelvey is no crime, he was one of the best players in the league.

17 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

You don't speak for me pal .

2 hours ago, Lomas613 said:

I used to carry off like this when I played, even if it wasn't true, just to wind the opposition up, take a couple of blows / kicks, get someone wound up enough to get booked / go off their game.

As anyone who has played the game knows, this is all part and parcel of, like taking it in turns to kick the opposing player who makes his team tick.

Just football innit

3 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Totally agree about Irvine but not sure that centre mid isn't a priority. I know we have loads of centre mid players but if he goes with the 4231 formation or even 442 with the wide players tucking in, full backs providing width then we need 2 centre mids who can alternate in the cover role and still go box to box. Hutch can do this but not for a full season. Bazza or KL will probably get to play alongside but I question whether Bazza has the presence in this role (not saying he isn't a great footballer). I don't think Dave Jones is mobile enough to cover the ground.  CHs a priority but we got overwhelmed in the middle a few times last year and one more quality player in here would make a difference. 

Edited by No 2 is r nilsson

2 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

Totally agree about Irvine but not sure that centre mid isn't a priority. I know we have loads of centre mid players but if he goes with the 4231 formation or even 442 with the wide players tucking in, full backs providing width then we need 2 centre mids who can alternate in the cover role and still go box to box. Hutch can do this but not for a full season. Bazza or KL will probably get to play alongside but I question whether Bazza has the presence in this role (not saying he isn't a great footballer). I don't think Dave Jones is mobile enough to cover the ground.  CHs a priority but we got overwhelmed in the middle a few times last year and one more quality player in here would make a difference. 

Whilst I think we can continue to improve all over, just think with the energy of Reach and Boyd with Lee we can get away with having Hutch, Jones or (this part is my biggest hope) Abdi playing alongside. Dependent on the oppo and style wanted. 

Also with FF out wide we can play Reach behind and add in Hutch to middle for a pretty solid core when needed. 

Jones with a run of games surprised me, well made me understand how he got promoted before joining us. Bannan when released can control games. 

I love the options weve got, but like any fan I wouldn't turn down more! Irvine excites me, looks big, mobile, powerful unit. 

41 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I used to carry off like this when I played, even if it wasn't true, just to wind the opposition up, take a couple of blows / kicks, get someone wound up enough to get booked / go off their game.

As anyone who has played the game knows, this is all part and parcel of, like taking it in turns to kick the opposing player who makes his team tick.

Just football innit

I was ment to finish what I wasn't typing but clicked and served a customer before I got chance realising lol. I was gunna say yes he was poor but he could come back a different player. Wouldn't rely on him too much as we have got a good depth but we can all hope lol 

Guest Kameron
4 hours ago, bladeshater said:

Would prefer Jackson Irvine as far more energy a real box to box player.huddlestone plays to deep and that was the fundamental problem last season we were 10 yards to deep. 

We'd better with the Jackson 5 in midfield than one that contains Hutch, Lee and Bannan.

16 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Doesn't Huddlestone drop even deeper than what Bannan and Hutchinson do.

There have been some signings I have looked at and thought, Damm missed out there.

Gotta admit this isn't one of them.

Yes, I understand that his preferred position is behind the goal, seriously though, is he likely to improve what is already a strong squad? We are now in search of a couple of 'icing on the cake' players, not the 'bread and butter' variety.