George Hirst on loan to Chesterfield?

Guest ka58
57 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Wait for another month and see how his pre-season is... but if he doesn't perform above expectations, you'd have thought a loan move there would be ideal. Local club that'd be looking to win more matches than it loses next season. If he gets 10+ goals by Christmas we can think about recalling him and having him try and get into the matchday 18 for the second half of the season. Win-win for all parties surely? 

Hes not going to play ahead of any of existing strikers this season.

would be a great move for him.

Just now, ka58 said:

Hes not going to play ahead of any of existing strikers this season.

would be a great move for him.

I wouldn't have thought so, but assuming our 4 main strikers are: 

Winnall, Fletcher, Hooper and Rhodes, if it comes to January and one of them gets a 6 week injury, that's 6 weeks where Hirst is pretty much guaranteed to at least get on the bench week in week out. (In this wonderful imaginationland we've moved Joao and Nuhiu on) 

Be interesting to see what game time he gets over pre season ,  think he will get minutes over Nuhiu and Joao and who knows ... if he gets a goal or 2 might make CC think he's ready for a chance 

I definitely don't think CC would be scared of putting him in if he continues banging goals in

I'd wait until preseason is finished. If he bangs in a few goals then give him a place on the bench until the end of the transfer window. If he scores a few or does well before the window closes then consider keeping him around ,otherwise, send him out on loan. 

He's our player. Let's make others dance to our tune first. 

Guest Coyt
4 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Who's Louis shackshaft anyway? 

Journo, used to work for Sky, Wednesday fan.

Guest We Shall Overcome
1 hour ago, smhouston said:

Would be a good move. Absolutely no chance breaking in to the first team currently and needs proper games under his belt

If Nuhiu can get game time George can, or we will lose him full stop.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye said:

That'd only put him behind Hooper, Rhodes, fletcher, forestieri, winnall and potentially joao then.

Still, I'm sure daves 518 minutes of football would be a huge difference, compared to 30 games that he could get on loan..

There are simply too many players up front and midfield clogging up the way ahead for any talent we happen to discover

Would fit in with CC/DC's current thinking of Experience over Youth for the season ahead... it's shet or bust people, I very much doubt that this season can be one for him to more often barge his way in to side.

Be good for all concerned, as many others have stated.

So long as they have correct insurance that is... especially, if they don't have pencils or elastic bands etc...

Scunthorpe are wanting Hirst on loan too.     Now, daft as it sounds they have a habit of making strikers that go on to better things.   Hooper, Steve Maclean, Billy Blunt

edit:  Making is a strong word, a couple of those were on loan of course, but they first cut their teeth at Scunthorpe.    Not sure why so many strikers start their journey there.   It's a dump of a place.

Edited by salmonbones

1 hour ago, darra said:

Think Lincoln would be better. Living in Lincolnshire I hear the Cowley brothers a lot on local radio. They seem to have the right philosophy about the game. That is to enjoy playing whilst learning the game and Improving it. 

Like the sound of this - a team moving in the right direction.

I've seen George promisingly develop for the last two or three years, and with this, hopefully short-term loan, we will find out if he is nearer to a first team place on his merits, rather than the obvious emotional attachment we have with his heritage.

Edited by erickpottsfc
Crap editing

4 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

Scunthorpe are wanting Hirst on loan too.     Now, daft as it sounds they have a habit of making strikers that go on to better things.   Hooper, Steve Maclean, Billy Blunt

edit:  Making is a strong word, a couple of those were on loan of course, but they first cut their teeth at Scunthorpe.    Not sure why so many strikers start their journey there.   It's a dump of a place.

They're inspired to work as hard as possible to get out of there?

Only logical thing I can think of lol 

26 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

Winnall too.

We need to make sure it is a right deal for him, and get assurance that he will indeed play, wherever he ends up.

Can't afford another scenario like last season when we loaned Matt Penney to Bradford.