George Hirst on loan to Chesterfield?

Could do with playing along side an experienced old fashioned centre forward that will look after him....The kid will be a marked man due to his name and reputation the last thing he needs at his age is to be used as a lone striker and to have 7 bells kicked out of him by league 2 defenders....

Whilst the kid does need game time we as a club need to make sure he goes to the right club playing the right style of football so that he doesnt get over used and flogged to death

Edited by curren

41 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

How long for? Will do him good, toughen him physically. 

This thing about him needing to be physically better in my eyes is tripe.   He'll bulk out naturally of course and get stronger as a man over the next 2 years regardless.

I don't think this is a quality that's absolutely required for him to be what he wants to be.   Deft of touch, fleet footed, ability to make space for himself.    This is often contrary to being a beast.    His dad was more creative than powerful although he did have a bit of both in his locker.    Bright was stronger and less cute.    You can't have everything.  I personally would develop his footballing skills before pushing his strength and power.   You can coach one, you can train the other.  

2 hours ago, malek said:

We need to make sure it is a right deal for him, and get assurance that he will indeed play, wherever he ends up.

Can't afford another scenario like last season when we loaned Matt Penney to Bradford.

Not sure I agree with anyone being assured of playing. Needs to prove he's up to the task. If he's not, then playing him may do him more harm than good anyway.

9 minutes ago, Muffinman said:

Just because you don't like the situation why run off to Scunthorpe or Lincoln, stay here and keep supporting. If you are good enough you are old enough, on the other hand you don't win anything with kids and a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, though you should be pleased with getting that far. Young legs, old head on young shoulders maybe? Age before beauty, old enough to l know better perhaps, or young enough to care.

I didn't say run off anywhere chesterfield is a car crash waiting to happen fans are boycotting the Proact if he goes anywhere it should be a stable club to get game time and develop....

plus a rolling stone gathers no moss and give me a bird in the bush anytime 

1 minute ago, David1867 said:

Are Scunthorpe or Lincoln even interested in him? 

No idea it's just clubs thrown around that he could develop and maybe get game time ! Chesterfield in my opinion is not one of those clubs at the moment due to what's happening behind the scenes .....

2 hours ago, Mattytheowl3 said:

As much as I want him to go out on loan, im also worried he will go there, smash it, then have every team in England wants to sign him! 

They can bugger off, hes ours!! Haha

In all seriousness I hope he goes and kills it :) 

In all seriousness, going to a team like Chesterfield is going to be a big step up, not the reverse - smashing it, is not really going to happen.    He may however show that he can step up and still be a goal scoring threat another level higher.   In truth it would be a level and some higher so would be a good test of his progress.

Guest ka58
6 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

I wouldn't have thought so, but assuming our 4 main strikers are: 

Winnall, Fletcher, Hooper and Rhodes, if it comes to January and one of them gets a 6 week injury, that's 6 weeks where Hirst is pretty much guaranteed to at least get on the bench week in week out. (In this wonderful imaginationland we've moved Joao and Nuhiu on) 

I would think playing first team league football would be better than waiting to go on bench as cover for potential injuries.

7 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Dunno the obsession for sending him down the leagues. 

Where did Rooney & Michael Owen cut their teeth?

Where did Beckham & Defoe cut theirs?  Many ways to get into the first team but loaning him out has more to do with the other 5/6 players in front of him here than his ability or potential ability IMO. 

Rooney & Owen may have been 3rd or 4th choice at point of breaking through. Football was a bit different and due to huge squads nowadays it's harder and harder to break through in bigger clubs of the respective leagues. Easier in teams with thinner squads admittedly. 

2/3 years ago Hirst would be our 3rd or 4th choice striker no doubt getting plenty of game time. I mean Laverly was our main threat. But right now he falls behind probably the best collective group of strikers in the division. Which other team has a Portuguese international as 5th / 6th choice? 

8 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Dunno the obsession for sending him down the leagues. 

Where did Rooney & Michael Owen cut their teeth?

Rooney and owen were good enough to play in the premier league at 17. If you have seen Hirst play you will know that like Kane, Defoe and many others, He is nowhere near ready for that , or in our case the championship . 

As much as everyone hopes he turns into a world beater, right now he's a long, long way off that. He needs to cut his teeth at a suitable level