Wednesday promoted... hudds and pigs relegated

Guest rogeam36

32 minutes ago, cross owl said:

Why ? They have a weaker team now than the one that finished level bottom on points and were a laughing stock in the championship after believing they were going to be top two . They are a mixture of championship failures who clubs couldn't wait to off load , players who have only seen the championship on the tele, oh and a defender they beat real Madrid to sign . Shambilic outfit who might finish top six in league one lol

Think Wilder will make them a top half team.

Everyone had Leeds down as a relegation candidate last year. Amazing what a good manager can do

1 minute ago, owlinexile said:

Who's that then?

Just noticed they signed the ripper back...

Richard Stearman, was at Wolves on loan from Fulham last season I believe. 

Seen a video of him when we won at Wolves, Fernando was a little bit too quick for him when we scored our 2nd goal.

14 minutes ago, poite said:

Think Wilder will make them a top half team.

Everyone had Leeds down as a relegation candidate last year. Amazing what a good manager can do

I do wonder, if Wilder has that in his locker - why now, why with Utd?   Sincerely believe it's because he was the cheap but unifying option and he lucked out on a good position with SUFC.   Not because of his ability as a manager/coach

Look how Utd started last season, which yes does make their total points finish all the more impressive - but look what it was against.    That start was against the same calibre of team too.   He will have to put what, 3, 4,5, 6 new first team players into the mix again, it could be the start of last season all over again - but with a calibre of team against them that suddenly makes the fact your attacking options are Sharp, Ched, Lavery, Harvey Price who last season got you out of the mire in style, starting to come lacking in a few games - those few games turn into half a dozen.    That's a run.   Runs like that when you don't have the quality kill you.

Edited by salmonbones

I think Watford will drop as Forrestieri, Pudil and Abdi pass them on the way up.  Burton will go down this time. Bradford will go up from League 1 and Jabba will start to work his magic at Mansfield :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, salmonbones said:

I do wonder, if Wilder has that in his locker - why now, why with Utd?   Sincerely believe it's because he was the cheap but unifying option and he lucked out on a good position with SUFC.   Not because of his ability as a manager/coach

Look how Utd started last season, which yes does make their total points finish all the more impressive - but look what it was against.    That start was against the same calibre of team too.   He will have to put what, 3, 4,5, 6 new first team players into the mix again, it could be the start of last season all over again - but with a calibre of team against them that suddenly makes the fact your attacking options are Sharp, Ched, Lavery, Harvey Price who last season got you out of the mire in style, starting to come lacking in a few games - those few games turn into half a dozen.    That's a run.   Runs like that when you don't have the quality kill you.

No way Wilder has lucked out. It took him a few games to sort their shambles out when many others had tried and failed. He's had a very successful 3 years or so. United won't get relegated if they spend a bit of money, as disappointing as that might be.

I can't see United finishing above 18th. This is not the league they left when they were last relegated. There are at least 12 teams who have squads and spending power way above anything they can dream of. If they can finish in the middle of the "also rans", they will have done very very well.

2 hours ago, ashamanic said:

66-1 seems very generous.  Huddersfield odds on favorites (8:11 to 1:2 from what i see)

Skybet has Wednesday third favourites with Fulham, at 3:1 for promotion,

They also seem confused by the Oinkers, 9-1 to go up, 8-1 to go down

So, unless I cant count, an accumulator for the three comes out at about 12:1

£1 x 3/2 = £1.50

£1.50 x 4/1 = £6

£6 x 9/1 = £54

so 53/1 I would say.

2 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Bristol City down without Abraham's goals.

No chance, if he stays fit Diedhiou will score 15+ goals this season. They'll do fine for scoring... If they get relegated it'll be their back line that lets them down

48 minutes ago, OutspokenTom said:

No way Wilder has lucked out. It took him a few games to sort their shambles out when many others had tried and failed. He's had a very successful 3 years or so. United won't get relegated if they spend a bit of money, as disappointing as that might be.

Ok put it another way,

You get the best gig in the division.

You do what is expected.

You got that gig because you happened to be a previous player who matched the criteria of the person in charge of the biggest club in the division.

I don't know what your version of lucked out is, but that's mine!

Edited by salmonbones

1 hour ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

£1 x 3/2 = £1.50

£1.50 x 4/1 = £6

£6 x 9/1 = £54

so 53/1 I would say.

Best of working odds out as decimal multipliers.

8/11 is approximately 1.73

3/1 is 4

8/1 is 9

Multiply them together

1.73 x 4 x 9 = 62.18

Approximately 61/1 so technically 66/1 is slightly generous ashaminic, not very based on the odds you've seen

37 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

Ok put it another way,

You get the best gig in the division.

You do what is expected.

You got that gig because you happened to be a previous player who matched the criteria of the person in charge of the biggest club in the division.

I don't know what your version of lucked out is, but that's mine!

He's managed for 16 years without being sacked, now 3 promotions and no relegations on his CV.

United were woeful since we beat them to promotion, some would argue their top job was a poisoned chalice the amount of managers they've been through since.

They'd have probably got relegated if they'd kept Adkins on, so I don't think he's lucky. He's clearly got something about him and deserves some respect. I know we should avoid saying positive things about united on here but I think they've got a talented manager that's all!

6 hours ago, OutspokenTom said:

Best of working odds out as decimal multipliers.

8/11 is approximately 1.73

3/1 is 4

8/1 is 9

Multiply them together

1.73 x 4 x 9 = 62.18

Approximately 61/1 so technically 66/1 is slightly generous ashaminic, not very based on the odds you've seen

That's what I did. The different outcome caused by you using 8/11 and me using 1/2.

11 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Bristol City down without Abraham's goals.

Barnsley down there after exodus / rebuild.

Pigs also when reality drops on them like a ton of hot horseshyte. Their signings & strikers are woeful.

Think we will go up in 2nd.

Hudds will survive when the new squad members get to know each others names by the end of October!

Bristol City signed a forward for £5.3m in last week.

If a player with that price tag clicks they will be ahead of Burton & co

12 hours ago, WayneTheOwl said:

Stearman is much better than that Tom Lees my mate said to me about an hour ago. I actually ***** slapped him and got me self another pint. flipping ludicrous these pigs.

Read this pearlor !!

Yesterday, 08:34 PM #44
shorehamoldboy is online now Hall Of Fame

oops sorry bulmer forgot about jake wright tom lees 5th best centre back in sheffield

I love how some are desperately trying to justify to themselves why the pigs will go down. I really cant see that happening (not that it matters) . 

All that matters is Sheffield Wednesday not stuffing promotion up for a third year on the trot. Anything else is irrelevant.