Wednesday promoted... hudds and pigs relegated

Guest rogeam36

13 hours ago, OutspokenTom said:

He's managed for 16 years without being sacked, now 3 promotions and no relegations on his CV.

United were woeful since we beat them to promotion, some would argue their top job was a poisoned chalice the amount of managers they've been through since.

They'd have probably got relegated if they'd kept Adkins on, so I don't think he's lucky. He's clearly got something about him and deserves some respect. I know we should avoid saying positive things about united on here but I think they've got a talented manager that's all!

So in fourteen years of management he had one promotion to his name , then like buses two come along on the trot . He only got the pig job because he was cheap and a fan . All the pigs needed was any manager that could unify the players and fans and along comes superpork riding in on his bacon stallion . If you manage bottom tier teams with no expectation you aren't going to get sacked , only teams who want to do better sack their managers . I just think he is putting together a team of third and forth division players because that's all he knows . Still until this time next year one of us will be proved right and sorry but I hope it's me :manager: disclaimer . All the above might have been written because I dislike them intensely and contain nothing but complete biased rambling WTF:

19 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

£1 x 3/2 = £1.50

£1.50 x 4/1 = £6

£6 x 9/1 = £54

so 53/1 I would say.

I suspected maybe I couldn't count

Though

£1 at 1:2 = 50p + £1 back = £1.50

£1.50 at 4:1 = £6 + £1.50 back = £7.70

£7.50 at 9:1 = $67.5 + £7.50 back = £75 (minus initial £1)

So not generous, combined odds probably vary from about 60:1 to 80:1 depending on where you go

2 hours ago, ashamanic said:

I suspected maybe I couldn't count

Though

£1 at 1:2 = 50p + £1 back = £1.50

£1.50 at 4:1 = £6 + £1.50 back = £7.70

£7.50 at 9:1 = $67.5 + £7.50 back = £75 (minus initial £1)

So not generous, combined odds probably vary from about 60:1 to 80:1 depending on where you go

Your mistake is that the odds were 3/1 so 4.0 on decimal.

you have done 4/1 or 5.0 decimal.

also it was 8/1 or 9.0 on decimal, you have done 9/1.

so in summary, my original calculation was right lol

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

Hudds wil definitely be relegated. Ince & Mooys aren't Premiership class. Wagner will be gone by Xmas. The Pigs will struggle in the Championship, and should be bottom six. Will we get promoted ? Our next 2 signings will be pivotal. If Carlos and DC get this right, 66-1 could be a good bet. 

On 06/07/2017 at 20:22, ashamanic said:

66-1 seems very generous.  Huddersfield odds on favorites (8:11 to 1:2 from what i see)

Skybet has Wednesday third favourites with Fulham, at 3:1 for promotion,

They also seem confused by the Oinkers, 9-1 to go up, 8-1 to go down

So, unless I cant count, an accumulator for the three comes out at about 12:1

I get that at roughly 60/1 on an accy if my sums are right, it is late. 

(1/2 + 1) * 1 = 1.5

(3/1 + 1) * 1.5 = 6

(9/1 + 1) * 6 = 60 

Edited by don'tCallMeOwlCallYo

3 hours ago, moaner30 said:

Hahaha you actually think you will go up? We didn't even get out of 2nd gear against you lot, we didn't have to you were so poor. Enjoy the championship for the unforeseeable future UTT

Still needed a penalty shoot out to beat us though didn't you? 

Edited by Great Big Galaa

On 07/07/2017 at 14:19, james o connor said:

I love how some are desperately trying to justify to themselves why the pigs will go down. I really cant see that happening (not that it matters) . 

All that matters is Sheffield Wednesday not stuffing promotion up for a third year on the trot. Anything else is irrelevant.  

The blades are nowt more than a distraction from the task at hand. Sheffield clubs under achieve because they focus on each other too much 

Guest ka58

I think the main momentum united have will see them ok next season - comfortably mid-table.

unfortunately.