12 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Spot on, Nixon knows nowt and is just guessing.

Ever since DC came in it's been a closed shop and the ITK KFA

Im sure he was first to call the boyd signing... so he obviously knows somethings. 

Guest Coyt
13 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Do I really only read the Nixon posts when he is wrong or is he too vague or totally wrong more often than not? 

I really cannot understand how any sensible person can still think this bloke has some magical 6th sense or a hidden camera/mike at S6 transfer HQ. Do these people still believe in Santa and the tooth fairy too? When news is leaked it does not fall magically into Nixon's lap first, so get over this fascination with his occasionally correct vague guesswork. 

SWFC are about to make a surprising signing for a defender on the not too distant future. Not sure about the timing but it will raise a few eyebrows! Sorry but predictions of that ilk, based on CCs very own shopping list are spouted daily by HITC and 72 liesareus, but at least they get laughed at! 

Eh? Santas not real??

2 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Nixon knows roger all. He just sees rumours online ans spouts them back. Obviously some he gets right but when you fling enough shi.t......

He called the Winnall transfer a few days before it was confirmed and is generally spot on with most things.

5 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

That really isn't true though is it. 

Just now, Owls77 said:

He called the Winnall transfer a few days before it was confirmed and is generally spot on with most things.

I'm not doubting he doesn't get some information. For example winnall and abdi last season, and it seems someone blabbed about our interest in Hutton too. But most of what he says is repeated rumours. Take Boyd one for example. Was rumoured numerous clubs, incl. us and Derby, was interested in him as early as first week of June. Nixon is clever enough to see and log these rumours, and the regurgitate them a few weeks later when people have forgotten about the original leak! People fall for it every time! Downing is another, linked 3 weeks ago and Nixon repeats it this week.

24 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I'm not doubting he doesn't get some information. For example winnall and abdi last season, and it seems someone blabbed about our interest in Hutton too. But most of what he says is repeated rumours. Take Boyd one for example. Was rumoured numerous clubs, incl. us and Derby, was interested in him as early as first week of June. Nixon is clever enough to see and log these rumours, and the regurgitate them a few weeks later when people have forgotten about the original leak! People fall for it every time! Downing is another, linked 3 weeks ago and Nixon repeats it this week.

You do realise that all clubs will enquire about loads of players? Just because they don't all come off doesn't mean they are made up b0ll0x

Just now, BIG D said:

You do realise that all clubs will enquire about loads of players? Just because they don't all come off doesn't mean they are made up b0ll0x

Yeah I do realise that clubs enquire about players which is why I'm not complaining at our lack of signings as we're working on it behind the scenes. I'm just saying that Nixon may have a source for a few of his rumours but the majority come from others online which he takes and passes off as his own. Didn't say Nixon makes stuff up either, he just cherry picks from the rest.

45 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

It's funny that people are discussing whether or not one of the country's most well regarded football journalists has any contacts 

Give over mate, he's hardly Patrick Barclay, is he.  Talk about hyperbole.  It never ceases to amaze me how many people treat him like the second coming. 

2 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

When has Nixon linked us with Downing? Must have missed that one.

3 hours ago, Sham67 said:

Give over mate, he's hardly Patrick Barclay, is he.  Talk about hyperbole.  It never ceases to amaze me how many people treat him like the second coming. 

Don't think anyone does, but if you deny his knowledge then you really ought to stop posting in related threads. Either accept his influence/ knowledge or STFU.

Just now, Eastleigh Owl said:

Don't think anyone does, but if you deny his knowledge then you really ought to stop posting in related threads. Either accept his influence/ knowledge or STFU.

Sorry, i'm drinking Henry Westons and just noticed it's 8.2% FFS. What's all that about. Apologies.

3 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Is that the snooker player? He must be at least 60 years old now. He was a beer swilling fat lump in the day. 

It was a joke. I don't think Aston Villa are signing Bill Werbenuik.