3 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Be a bit shyte that wouldn't it,headhunting two and then disabling the buggers !!

Yeah that'll teach em to sign for us. Mame is a foreign expression meaning anounce to the public. It's some kind of rare misspelt dialect much used by fat fingered phone users.

10 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

I've heard a that we are close to signing a centre half, but the selling club is holding out for a big fee and DC is trying to keep the price low so we can get another target in and still stick to FFP. Could be a quickie or a slow burner but we are expected to mame both players within a day or two of each other.

Dont tell Nix cos he knows nix about it as yet.

are they both centre backs? 

37 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Be a bit shyte that wouldn't it,headhunting two and then disabling the buggers !!

Both on the receiving end of a Hutchinson exocet sliding tackle in their first training session.

40 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Also, if we get the free transfer player we are after we could bring in the other two much quicker because we would have enough then to do all three deals within FFP.

Alan Hutton the free transfer player?

51 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

I've heard a that we are close to signing a centre half, but the selling club is holding out for a big fee and DC is trying to keep the price low so we can get another target in and still stick to FFP. Could be a quickie or a slow burner but we are expected to mame both players within a day or two of each other.

Bit harsh , they havnt even played a game for us yet. 

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

If we're sailing that close to FFP limits then I would expect one or two outgoings, maybe even a fairly high profile player that us fans wouldn't want to lose.

8 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

I've heard a that we are close to signing a centre half, but the selling club is holding out for a big fee and DC is trying to keep the price low so we can get another target in and still stick to FFP. Could be a quickie or a slow burner

Next summer?

Sa doddle predicting stuff that we already know is going to happen. If Nix All had said we were not signing Hutton I'd have been slightly more impressed. Up to now though he just jumps in when the likelihood is already good. Dont recall him naming an unheard of rumour to date.

When Hutton signs for us as a centre half I will find where Nixon drinks buy him a pint and post a picture of the happy occasion on here. Will the Nixon worshippers do the same for me when we sign two centre halves and no Hutton? I very much doubt it. 

Edited by Ante's Bubbly

Guest wilyfox
35 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

When Hutton signs for us as a centre half I will find where Nixon drinks buy him a pint and post a picture of the happy occasion on here. Will the Nixon worshippers do the same for me when we sign two centre halves and no Hutton? I very much doubt it. 

So, if the Hutton thing is guff and you said two CBs and a freebie to stay within FFP...what position the freebie?

1 hour ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Sa doddle predicting stuff that we already know is going to happen. If Nix All had said we were not signing Hutton I'd have been slightly more impressed. Up to now though he just jumps in when the likelihood is already good. Dont recall him naming an unheard of rumour to date.

Hutton was an unheard rumour.

But its just a complete guess. 

On 12/07/2017 at 00:14, wilyfox said:

So, if the Hutton thing is guff and you said two CBs and a freebie to stay within FFP...what position the freebie?

Sorry, I was just trying to show that anybody can create a bit of intrigue by rehashing a rumour and adding a bit of vagueness that hints, without committing and looks great when something along those lines actually happens. If you are very close you always have the, , with, "couldn't agree terms", "was made a much improved offer and did not want to uproot his family" and so on. We have heard pretty much all the excuses when predictions do not come true.

Anybody that works within football must be able to weave a bit of a story out of strong rumours and maybe occasionally fall on one that has not yet hit the wider press. For my prediction, we have been told by our manager that we are after two centre halves and that the prices are too high for the players we are after, because of FFP. It is not too much of a step to suggest then, that if we do finally agree terms within FFP, for one player, with the signing of JR being circa £8M, we would be very close to the FFP limit. So, based on that, another centre half could be signed for a nominal fee, or a loan with option to buy, or a free transfer. I guessed at a free transfer (wish I'd gone for the loan, with the option to buy now, but again, if I were a journalist I could always throw this option in as we get closer to the deal and more rumours circulate. Of course, if we sign two centre halves and one of them is on loan or for a nominal fee I might be tempted to post, "two out of three ain't bad", which Nix All would be proud of!