carlos-steel city derby

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

We've got a 61% win rate under Carlos at Hillsborough. I can't remember the last Wednesday manager who instilled me with such confidence that we'd win our home games.

Statistics mean very little with Derbies - proper ones, not Rotherham etc.. 

At home Last season we had a tendacy to turn up for the second half and rarely forced the pace.

Cant afford that next term as the Blunts will be in our faces right from the off.  We don't like that. 

Dont share you optimism for the home matches - its away where I think we will do better.

10 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Statistics mean very little with Derbies - proper ones, not Rotherham etc.. 

At home Last season we had a tendacy to turn up for the second half and rarely forced the pace.

Cant afford that next term as the Blunts will be in our faces right from the off.  We don't like that. 

Dont share you optimism for the home matches - its away where I think we will do better.

Fair enough. Personally, I just can't wait to see Hutchinson unleashed in a Steel City Derby!

4 hours ago, Spookone said:

Yep why is anyone negging him? What has he said that would annoy anyone?

Maybe because he's incapable of posting anything that isn't negative. 

At no point under Carlos have I seen a lack of commitment or motivation from the players. To suggest otherwise is simply to have a dig for the sake of it. we got 10 points out of a possible 12 from our derby games last season.

Just because we've not got around throwing in big tackles or running around like headless chickens in derby games it doesn't mean we don't won't want to win. We've approached them professionally and got the results we needed. I see no reason whatsoever to question whether we will do the same against the blunts next year.

It's a legitimate concern but thankfully there's a gulf in class between the two sides to help compensate.

Wilder will have to get his players fired up for this one as quite frankly if they're not giving 110% in these games they'll lose them both.

4 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Based on what though?

Our record against the local sides has been good under Carlos.

Rotherham = 9 from 12

Barnsley = 4 from 6

Leeds = 4 from 12

Huddersfield = 10 from 12

Leeds is disappointing, though Carlos' first season saw 4 points from 6 against Leeds.

Play-off games are a lottery and won't affect league games against United, so I'm not worried about those.

Not including Hull or Boro because they aren't derbies IMO.

Based on little but our weakness against teams that make the match a battle. Plus I am still haunted by 91/92 which, for some reason this coming season makes me think of. 

5 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Lost on the lottery of a penalty shoot-out. It happens, ask Reading!

Please stop with this. We lost because Carlos royally messed it up. Huddersfield were not some superstar fantastic team. We lost because Carlos got it very very wrong. We don't have to ask Reading. I was there. We lost because Carlos had a season of being spineless. He needs to change or he can go. Please stop with the "lottery" rubbish. Carlos got it wrong. Very wrong.