carlos-steel city derby

34 minutes ago, Liamswfc92 said:

Carlos may have won a high pressure game in his previous jobs but we're yet to see that here.

I also question the mentality of the players given how tepid we played against Hull and Huddersfield. They shouldn't need motivating.

Wilder's a blade at heart and knows what it means to win this kind of game. Carlos doesn't.

Going on last season's performances, I'll be content with 2 draws unless our style of play changes (and I'm sure it won't.)

That's the spirit.

I was pleased when we recruited CC because of his reputation among Beskitas fans.  An old friend who spends half his life in Istanbul and follows them messaged me that CC was something of a cult figure.  Whatever the guys pluses and minuses I have little doubt about his ability to handle a big occasion. 

By contrast Wilder's ability to set up for big games is largely untested.  It is one thing to say he knows what the game means to fans.  No doubt he does.  That doesn't mean he will necessarily get it right.  Henry V at Agincourt speeches are well and good but a first half sending off less so.  Personally I think he will do well and admire the guy.  But he is untested 

1 hour ago, Liamswfc92 said:

Carlos may have won a high pressure game in his previous jobs but we're yet to see that here.

I also question the mentality of the players given how tepid we played against Hull and Huddersfield. They shouldn't need motivating.

Wilder's a blade at heart and knows what it means to win this kind of game. Carlos doesn't.

Going on last season's performances, I'll be content with 2 draws unless our style of play changes (and I'm sure it won't.)

Think the local derbies in Turkey mean a fair bit to their fans mate... And Carlos isn't Turkish

We also tonked Brighton last year in the playoff semis... High pressure game with a full stadium and we rolled them over

Great logic

Just now, MOwl said:

Think the local derbies in Turkey mean a fair bit to their fans mate... And Carlos isn't Turkish

We also tonked Brighton last year in the playoff semis... High pressure game with a full stadium and we rolled them over

Great logic

Obviously Besiktas/Galatasaray/Fenerbahce is far more intense but the point stands. This game means a lot to us as well.

We were underdogs against Brighton - no pressure whatsoever, at least in the first leg but more so the 2nd. Complete opposite against Huddersfield when we had the pressure and crumbled.

With Wilder being a Blade, he will really fire them up for both games. Probably more so than Carlos. Carlos will look at the games from a tactics point of view. Having said that, Bullen should really fire our boys up. Doesn't matter about form, league, money, managers etc. It's about wanting it the most. From me supporting Wednesday, the underdogs have always seemed to come out on top. The pressure is on us! 

I'm already nervous!

1 hour ago, thewookieisdown said:

I was pleased when we recruited CC because of his reputation among Beskitas fans.  An old friend who spends half his life in Istanbul and follows them messaged me that CC was something of a cult figure.  Whatever the guys pluses and minuses I have little doubt about his ability to handle a big occasion. 

By contrast Wilder's ability to set up for big games is largely untested.  It is one thing to say he knows what the game means to fans.  No doubt he does.  That doesn't mean he will necessarily get it right.  Henry V at Agincourt speeches are well and good but a first half sending off less so.  Personally I think he will do well and admire the guy.  But he is untested 

LOL. He spent just 8 bleeding months there. :duntmatter: 47 matches. Are you sure your mate said cult??

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/carlos-carvalhal/stationen/trainer/1588

Edited by Almat
  • Haha 1

Guest samowl
On 6/16/2017 at 17:29, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

6 points from Rotherham and 4 points from Barnsley last season. Has a superb record vs Huddersfield. Leeds was awful this season, and Hull don't count.

Naive. None of those games match up to playing dem scruffy rumblezoids 

I don't think it matters if Carlos gets them up or not! He will prepare the team in the best way he see's fit to win the game and prepare the tactics.

I don't think our players need motivating for this game or any game.

Will we see a different way of playing against the blunts or players working harder? I don't think so.

They have experience of big games with massive atmospheres, the players will set out to follow the game plan and with our superior quality I expect us to win the match!

Blunts can go all guns blazing running around all over place, but they aren't going to beat us if they can't get the ball off of us or we just pick them off on counter!

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 15:17, Greenhgate Owl said:

having read the Sheffield star today,there's a 2 pager about the upcoming derbies .

got me thinking

will Carlos get the players motivated for the derbies?

Carlos is a better manager than wilder but wilder understands what a win means more than Carlos

• Haha 2

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 16:55, markjr2401 said:

Carlos managed Beskitas who have a rivalry with Galatasary that is much more fierce than the steel  city derby. He'll know what a derby win means.

Just another 3 points

• Haha 2