32 minutes ago, parkerowl said:

So from the stat you've chosen, your argument is... he was almost as good this year as last yeah ?  

What a load of cap.  he'll be going this summer I'm certain.

Just pointing out the lack of logic in your favourite player becoming 'average' having scored and assisted at almost exactly the same rate as when you rated him so highly.

It's OK... you can put your posters back up now.

:duntmatter:

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Just pointing out the lack of logic in your favourite player becoming 'average' having scored and assisted at almost exactly the same rate as when you rated him so highly.

It's OK... you can put your posters back up now.

:duntmatter:

Like I say wrong thread bud sorry

I think some are writing too much into this drop off business. Forestieri will have been hamstrung as much as any other forward player, by the more cautious approach the manager has adopted. None of the forward players are going to be at their best when asked to play this way. People are quick enough to point to the tactics, when trying to explain Rhodes paltry goal tally, but conveniently ignore it when it comes to criticising Forestieri. His sheer class means that he has continued to influence games, despite the shackles imposed on our forward players. In truth, both players, no all our attacking players, would look more potent, if allowed to play their natural game

I like FF a lot but I think he thinks, and I think some of our fans think, he's better than he actually is.

In a division of extremely fine margins he has bottled it on three very important occasions and this is very often the difference between very good players and great players at any level.

There was a huge chunk of "karma" to the penalty miss against Huddersfield that I'd prefer hadn't have been there to complicate a hugely important fixture.

As I stated previously, his early season antics come with the very new territory we find ourselves in and seemed to be handled well by the club if less so by the fans but I can't still help feeling that he somehow owes us and that he somehow didn't think he did.  

Hopefully his post about the gym being his 2nd home is a signal to put things straight from the off for the season coming and we will see the best yet from FF in our anniversary and return to the top flight of English football.  This would be the "happy ever after" for him and us.

On 10/06/2017 at 17:22, runningaround said:

wins us games in nip and tuck matches, take Cardiff at home for example. Unless a mega money bid of over 10M comes in, forget selling.

The goal against Cardiff was as much Rhodes goal as it was fessi's. Great interplay between the 2 and a cracking strike on target from Rhodes meaning all their keeper could do was palm the ball up into the air leaving fessi with an empty net to head into. Yes he had to get there before the defender but to give all the credit for that winner to fessi is just disingenuous.

Edited by damianb1

10 hours ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Just how much 'respect' did he show his teammates and supporters when he refused to get on the bus to Norwich? Not for one second am I condoning the actions of the fools who messaged his wife, but I'm sorry pal, no player, not one should ever disrespect his teammates and supporters, and certainly not an swfc player.

I don't disagree but it changed for me when he apologised and that goal celebration at Forest was the best I had ever seen!

Guest RocketOwl
10 hours ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Just how much 'respect' did he show his teammates and supporters when he refused to get on the bus to Norwich? Not for one second am I condoning the actions of the fools who messaged his wife, but I'm sorry pal, no player, not one should ever disrespect his teammates and supporters, and certainly not an swfc player.

Move on your boring sod.

Are you still sulking about your first gf dumping you?

Life moves on, he was wrong, he apologised.

51 minutes ago, damianb1 said:

The goal against Cardiff was as much Rhodes goal as it was fessi's. Great interplay between the 2 and a cracking strike on target from Rhodes meaning all their keeper could do was palm the ball up into the air leaving fessi with an empty net to head into. Yes he had to get there before the defender but to give all the credit for that winner to fessi is just disingenuous.

Agreed. That's the reason we have paid the money. The standard of player in the Championship is excellent but quality players like this make the difference. You just hope they do it every match.

1 hour ago, RocketOwl said:

Move on your boring sod.

Are you still sulking about your first gf dumping you?

Life moves on, he was wrong, he apologised.

How have you got the cheek to call anyone else out after you're ridiculous scapegoating of Rhodes. :rolleyes:

Guest RocketOwl
2 hours ago, kingsidney said:

How have you got the cheek to call anyone else out after you're ridiculous scapegoating of Rhodes. :rolleyes:

Rhodes hasn't performed or got anywhere close to justifying his fee.

Fernando on the whole for 3million has been brilliant.

21 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Not really the point I was making though is it. 

Edited by kingsidney

19 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Rhodes hasn't performed? What a load of garbage. 

What do you expect him to do with his limited game time / service? Dribble round their defence on his own and score 3 goals a game? 

I can't wait for the season to start again, if only to stop this sort of drivel.. 

2 hours ago, kingsidney said:

It's not really scapegoating. It is more like utter desperation to make a point then be proved right - almost as though slagging off one of our players is a badge of honour.

1 hour ago, Ballmeist said:

Rhodes hasn't performed? What a load of garbage. 

What do you expect him to do with his limited game time / service? Dribble round their defence on his own and score 3 goals a game? 

I can't wait for the season to start again, if only to stop this sort of drivel.. 

Messi would struggle to score in our team with the lack of service he would receive. 

Thats why pacy ,direct wingers are the priority this summer.