Had an off season but was still top scorer.

To be a success you keep the best players and he's definitely one of those.

we couldn't buy another Fernando, it's a commodity we can really afford to lose.

The mistakes last season were his, for throwing his toys out the pram and ours for playing him in a role where he doesn't do as much damage to the opposition.

i hope he stays and does even better, he may use the naysayers to push him on.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Our record when he didn't play this season was no worse than when he did.

We had fallen out of the Play-offs by the time he got injured, then resurged without him.

On last season's form he is a borderline starter, as he was at Watford.

Not true. We were still in the playoffs when he was injured. We then lost at Villa and at home to Reading, dropping out of the playoffs after the draw at Barnsley. 

The "resurgence" started when Carlos went for it with a 433 against an awful Rotherham side.

Then the Newcastle game, which is the ONLY game in 2 years we've actually looked convincing without FF. You can have that one. 

He then won us the Cardiff game after another lacklustre performance.

We also scraped past Derby thanks to Carlos switching to 433 again (your favourite setup clearly not working in that one!), and just did enough to beat 2 teams with absolutey nothing to play for.

A resurgence in results, but with the exception of the Newcastle game, certainly not in performances.

Interesting how you focus so much on that particular run of results, rather than a much tougher run of 5 wins in 6 over xmas. I suppose one suits your agenda, the other doesn't.

The truth is, there's no way we'd be considered promotion contenders without FF's input over the last 2 years. And the same will apply next season.

Edited by IstillhateSteveBould

Guest timrud

What is most frustrating is the way he started the last pre-season, he looked on top form and scored in every game.

I was so excited for the start of the season, then it all went sour. He never hit the hights of the play off final season

10 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Not true. We were still in the playoffs when he was injured. We then lost at Villa and at home to Reading, dropping out of the playoffs after the draw at Barnsley. 

The "resurgence" started when Carlos went for it with a 433 against an awful Rotherham side.

Then the Newcastle game, which is the ONLY game in 2 years we've actually looked convincing without FF. You can have that one. 

He then won us the Cardiff game after another lacklustre performance.

We also scraped past Derby thanks to Carlos switching to 433 again (your favourite setup clearly not working in that one!), and just did enough to beat 2 teams with absolutey nothing to play for.

A resurgence in results, but with the exception of the Newcastle game, certainly not in performances.

Interesting how you focus so much on that particular run of results, rather than a much tougher run of 5 wins in 6 over xmas. I suppose one suits your agenda, the other doesn't.

The truth is, there's no way we'd be considered promotion contenders without FF's input over the last 2 years. And the same will apply next season.

Every player is replaceable.

7 minutes ago, timrud said:

What is most frustrating is the way he started the last pre-season, he looked on top form and scored in every game.

I was so excited for the start of the season, then it all went sour. He never hit the hights of the play off final season

Agree. His tantrum/fallout really cost us in the end.

If we can avoid any of that nonsense this season, I'll be far more confident we can attack the top 2. 

He's the key. If we can get him fully fit focused and firing all season, we'll be up there.

It is interesting to see the opinions on here.

i think to finish top 2 we need a real team spirit like we had in 15/16 but with a bit better quality.

i think there are questions surrounding the attitude and the impact on team spirit a few players have on the squad.

FF is one

JR another

SW also worries me with rumours Barnsley we're glad to ship him out due to impact on dressing room.

Hopefully CC can mould a real team together. We need to emulate Brighton.

I agree with those who say he should play on the left. It makes us less predictable & gives him more space.

Carlos clearly likes Reach & this is where the problem is. But surely it's a simple one to change without even needing to sign a big money wide player.

I like Wallace but his lack of energy & pace kills us. It also stops us seeing the best of Hunt who is a good attacking full back given the chance. I would prefer to see Wallace come off the bench.

Play Fernando wide left & have Pudil left back. You don't need Pudil to push forward as he doesn't have the pace anyway.

On the right play Reach who can still cut in on his left, but has more energy & defensive nous than Wallace. This would allow Hunt to get forward more & create overlaps to get crosses in.

Then a choice of Hooper with either Rhodes, Fletcher or Winnall up top. For me those 3 are all slightly different & should rotate depending on the oppos weaknesses.

14 hours ago, A12owl said:

There is a report on something linked through my google that Watford and Huddersfield interested in Fernando.

Its got to be rubbish. Can you imagine Hudders fans welcoming him. He would get more abuse from them than he gets from some on OT. 

Watford ?? 

Really hope its the usual sh*t stirring to try to disrupt us and FF.

These rumours are as common as the JR signing for us used to be. 

The "Spar" will probably join in soon. 

saw that as well. Why would the Hudders fans give him grief? According to them he got them into the Premiership

How on earth is the thread 12 pages long? 

The paranoid OP speculates that Forestieri is off because he's posted a photo of him going to a gym in London...(we selling him to the gym?) and now we've got 12 pages of people banging on and on about the same issues that we were several months ago. 

I think Nando is a cracking player and I also think that he has to accept a degree of responsibility for some of the nonsense that follows him (he doesn't always help himself with his behavior)...but the lengths that some of our fans go to criticise the guy, dismiss his contribution to the team is pretty staggering. 

As far as we know he's our player, signed a new contract in January and will be our player for the foreseeable future. 

9 hours ago, SiJ said:

How on earth is the thread 12 pages long? 

The paranoid OP speculates that Forestieri is off because he's posted a photo of him going to a gym in London...(we selling him to the gym?) and now we've got 12 pages of people banging on and on about the same issues that we were several months ago. 

I think Nando is a cracking player and I also think that he has to accept a degree of responsibility for some of the nonsense that follows him (he doesn't always help himself with his behavior)...but the lengths that some of our fans go to criticise the guy, dismiss his contribution to the team is pretty staggering. 

As far as we know he's our player, signed a new contract in January and will be our player for the foreseeable future. 

He's a sh*t bag of the highest order.

Plus we did better last season with him as a fringe player, I think we'd do even better if he was gone all togeather and we used the money for someone who put everything in...like FF did the first season he was here.

47 minutes ago, parkerowl said:

He's a sh*t bag of the highest order.

Would you say that to his face? 

I mean not from the stands.

Straight up tell him? 

Its just you're very big on that from what I recall. 

8 hours ago, SiJ said:

Would you say that to his face? 

I mean not from the stands.

Straight up tell him? 

Its just you're very big on that from what I recall. 

I'd love the chance to ask him why he never played that Norwich game and tell him he's a money grabbing little so and so yeah. 

I think it's only right you can't go round saying stuff you wouldn't say straight to the person, that's a little cowardly would you not agree ? 

Edited by parkerowl