Sean Morrison

Guest ka58

Genuine question who on here ha seen him player over a number of games?

ie has anyone watched Cardiff regularly etc.

i haven't - but if others haven't either on what are they basing their views?

38 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

No smugness here guru, just a Realisation that no matter what is said or done by Carlos, you are all to ready to shyte all over it, you and that farrell fella. 

Not always, I certainly had issues with a lot of last season's dealings, but I champion most of his decisions. As for this guy, he isn't my cup of tea, and I don't see him as being automatic promotion material, but hey, plenty seem to rate him. 

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Not always, I certainly had issues with a lot of last season's dealings, but I champion most of his decisions. As for this guy, he isn't my cup of tea, and I don't see him as being automatic promotion material, but hey, plenty seem to rate him. 

But then Newcastle's centre backs didn't look like automatic promotion material when we played them. I think as long as you have a steady enough defence, it's what your midfield and attackers do that will get you automatic promotion. 

Brighton without knockaert and Murray wouldn't have been near automatic promotion, even with Dunk in their defence

All seems a bit like last post season - just reaffirms my belief CC doesn't really have a clear idea of what/whom he wants.

Look like things haven't really changed all that much and lessons don't appear to have been learnt.

Early days granted but pretty underwhelming stuff so far. 

45 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I personally dont think Carlos is responsible for signings. He possibly makes it known to DC what positions he needs to fill then DC has his team of scouts/advisors to buy somebody.

Just my opinion. Been saying it for ages.

I think you could be right, our signings these last 12 months have all the finger prints of someone who's spent most of their career in the championship

3 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

All seems a bit like last post season - just reaffirms my belief CC doesn't really have a clear idea of what/whom he wants.

Look like things haven't really changed all that much and lessons don't appear to have been learnt.

Early days granted but pretty underwhelming stuff so far. 

I feel your passion mate but seriously in this day and age who exactly are we wanting the club to bring in. we are a massive club who have done really well the last two seasons. are we a bigger pull than derby Sunderland Aston villa?  probably not at the moment and thats just where we are at the moment. premier league players won't come unless it's a journey man at the end of his career. I really do think this type of no nonsense centre back is where we shoUld be looking. 6 4 a leader right age and many games in the championship WAWAW

26 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I personally dont think Carlos is responsible for signings. He possibly makes it known to DC what positions he needs to fill then DC has his team of scouts/advisors to buy somebody.

Just my opinion. Been saying it for ages.

I'm sure I read something similar when Carlos first took over. Where he identified the position and type of player, then someone went out and got him that type of player. But I think Carlos said he has the final say. I suppose if that wasn't technically true, then it could explain players being (allegedly) frozen out 

42 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

One of the features of the best teams last year was how their centre halves could bring the ball out of defence.  My recollection of this guy was a hoof upfield. We need footballers all over the field. 

A lot of clubs have moved ahead of us tactically, but perhaps don't have the resources we do. People make me laugh, if someone had posted that Wolves, or some club, were chasing Morrison, most would say, they're welcome to him

Edited by gurujuan

2 hours ago, David1867 said:

Very underwhelmed with this. Not the standard of player we should be paying £3m+ for. Not better than what we already have. 

Its not necessarily about having better in this position but providing decent cover... Which he is.

6 minutes ago, 19owl08 said:

Stats suggest he'd be an upgrade on Loovens in the aerial ability & attacking department. His passing is awful however:

Morrison:IMG_6732.PNG.08764b1b1a3089035b917f1f3a3d09b3.PNG

IMG_6731.PNG.d54eb5d5d75181b040455637f4f8d0b6.PNG

Loovens:

IMG_6735.PNG.bd1e5c905f7d052daddfb085375fa8f3.PNG

IMG_6736.PNG.bf521d4e61003971e5d80969cf1714b2.PNG

Lees:

IMG_6733.PNG.34bdd5b7289cc860bc7b378206b91f2e.PNG

IMG_6734.PNG.8a54afb374c3c371725f797daa197807.PNG

Good find. 

But how can a defender realistically have a weakness for tackling.