Sean Morrison

4 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Wasn't he banging them in at 1 stage though for Bristol. 

According to his stats on soccerbase he scored 13 in 17 games whilst on loan at Brizzle from Fulham. 

Not a bad record 

On 09/06/2017 at 17:49, gurujuan said:

Hanley was Blackburn's captain, and won player of the season twice. In many ways he has similar attributes to Morrison, big, strong, good in the air and a good organiser. What Hanley has over Morrison though, is that he is a left sided defender, so better suited to playing with Lees, or Hutchinson for that matter

I've watched Hanley for Scotland a lot, and he's never come over as an organiser. He comes off very much as a young guy who's committed, will stick his head or foot in, but never been a big communicator, let alone leader. I recall him being Blackburn captain, but I can't for the life of me tell you why. I've never seen a hint of it on the pitch from him. That's kind of where my caution lies with Hanley. He's been shocking lately, it seems like he becomes very error prone if he's not playing regularly, but if he's playing regular he's an decent player, but he wouldn't replace Loovens from an organisational point of view. If we're going to spend 5mil on a centerback I don't think Hanley's the one we need.

48 minutes ago, cookeh said:

I've watched Hanley for Scotland a lot, and he's never come over as an organiser. He comes off very much as a young guy who's committed, will stick his head or foot in, but never been a big communicator, let alone leader. I recall him being Blackburn captain, but I can't for the life of me tell you why. I've never seen a hint of it on the pitch from him. That's kind of where my caution lies with Hanley. He's been shocking lately, it seems like he becomes very error prone if he's not playing regularly, but if he's playing regular he's an decent player, but he wouldn't replace Loovens from an organisational point of view. If we're going to spend 5mil on a centerback I don't think Hanley's the one we need.

I'll bow to your greater knowledge, I can't claim to have observed him first hand. I had to base my opinion on how he was described when Newcastle signed him, both by Benitez, and Carlos himself. Both described him as a good organiser

9 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I'll bow to your greater knowledge, I can't claim to have observed him first hand. I had to base my opinion on how he was described when Newcastle signed him, both by Benitez, and Carlos himself. Both described him as a good organiser

Fair, I think that's probably partly PR tho. Russell Martin (Norwich Right back) was always the dominant of the two, the numerous times they played centerback for us. And there's certainly regular occasions where I don't think Scotland fans would trust Hanley to organise himself, let alone anyone else. International football is a different beast from the Championship, it's true. But as a Scotland supporter, and a guy who thinks Hanley has a future in the backline for Scotland, I don't think we (Wednesday) should sign him.

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 20:14, Southie_Owl said:

Thats what Tom Lees said to our strikers in that first half.

lol

seriously tho I will wait for the Cardiff fans to tell us he's gash before we get too disappointed 

My mates a Cardiff fan. Say's he'll drive him here if it helps. Reckons he can be relied upon to make 3 big errors every game

8 minutes ago, davetherivelinowl said:

My mates a Cardiff fan. Say's he'll drive him here if it helps. Reckons he can be relied upon to make 3 big errors every game

He would not survive in a Warnock side if he made 3 big errors in a month. So I'm saying your Cardiff mate is a whopper.

lol

55 minutes ago, davetherivelinowl said:

Can you ask your mate if he can drop him off at S2