The Owls Shop 1970s

53 minutes ago, Tudders said:

I remember becoming a 'young owl' and going into the club shop behind the old south stand. The chap behind the counter-Steve Woodhead I think his name was-gave me the joining pack which I think consisted of a silk scarf and a pencil sharpener? Walked out of the shop and Sheridan drove past in his Renault 5. They were good days lol

Your only a nipper then, my young owls days I got a autograph book,  (Think it's still around somewhere) free entry into home reserve games and football games/coaching by a team member normally Martin Hodge if my memory serves me right. Was still Steve in charge though think he also did the ico coaches.

I Remember Howard Wilkinson's son (Damien?) was often there with us, to say he didn't have his dad's football talent would be understatement!

Also Remember me and about half a dozen mates going to the Lane for the reserves Derby match and cheekily showing our young owls membership and trying to get in for nowt. Got told in no uncertain manner we would have to pay. Must have been about 25p to get in back then, happy days indeed.

Edited by OWL1969

1 hour ago, Carlos' Coat said:

What's a bob cap?

Blue and White segments with blue peak.

Had mine for years until the mid eighties and would wear one today if they sold them.

lol

1 minute ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

I had a reversible one, yellow/ white. Was great until mi Mum weshed it and the peak crumbled

Spot on BRS - had a reversible home and away one IIRC..

Wouldn't let mine be washed either because that happened to the cardboard peak.

Blue and grey segments after a couple of seasons...

lol

24 minutes ago, Rogers said:

The commentator is infuriating though, with his squeaky voice

the  game  at the lane a testimonial match or something   he  uttered  the words that bomber grahem was throwing  off on the pitchlol

5 hours ago, paddyowl said:

Old South Stand Owls Shop.jpg

Ah the memories! I had the Charlton's Owls are Magic scarf for years and years. Also had the flag on the end wall for a few weeks until I went to Bradford, got beat up and had it ripped from round my neck!

8 hours ago, Tudders said:

I remember becoming a 'young owl' and going into the club shop behind the old south stand. The chap behind the counter-Steve Woodhead I think his name was-gave me the joining pack which I think consisted of a silk scarf and a pencil sharpener? Walked out of the shop and Sheridan drove past in his Renault 5. They were good days lol

me and steve got nicked at stoke 1968 for doing sod all , it was hammering down and two coppers nabbed us for chucking toilet rolls as the team came out .they just wanted to get out of the rain they took us to a detention  room under the stand and held us there till the end of the game .