Harry Maguire

On 2017-6-6 at 11:19, kevtheowl said:

So you think maguire, is better than Lees UTO 

At present I'd argue that its questionable whether Lees could hack it in the Prem. Maguire has been outstanding at that level all season.... 

Its not even up for debate who is better. Maguire is head and shoulders above Lees and probably always will be. Maguire is now on the verge of a £15m+ move to an established Prem team. 

Apart from that though, i see your point....

1 minute ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Nowhere near as much as the media reports suggested we paid for Rhodes and Reach.

And if I'm honest, I'd rather have Rhodes and Reach (and the £8/9m left over) in the Championship than Maguire.

I bet it wasn't that much more than £10 million for both Rhodes and Reach than the reported £15 million for the pair.

56 minutes ago, Spookone said:

His previous club aside I would say Maguire is a better player than Lees

I love Tom Lees. I think, pound for pound, he's up there as one of top players. But i'm sorry, Harry Maguire wee wees all over him.

Great signing for Leicester at good money as well. Thought he'd be Spurs bound personally

8 minutes ago, MOwl said:

At present I'd argue that its questionable whether Lees could hack it in the Prem. Maguire has been outstanding at that level all season.... 

Its not even up for debate who is better. Maguire is head and shoulders above Lees and probably always will be. Maguire is now on the verge of a £15m+ move to an established Prem team. 

Apart from that though, i see your point....

Maguire is now more proven at the highest level than Lees - thanks to a terrific second half of the season for Hull City. Whether than makes him better, that's down to opinion I guess. This time a year ago Maguire couldn't get a regular game in the Championship...

2 minutes ago, Etchesketch said:

I bet it wasn't that much more than £10 million for both Rhodes and Reach than the reported £15 million for the pair.

I'd be surprised if it was even over £10m pal. When the fees have been mentioned to Carlos in the past, he's laughed them off as though he couldn't believe what he was hearing! Wouldn't surprise me if Rhodes was £6m and Reach £3m.

8 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Maguire is now more proven at the highest level than Lees - thanks to a terrific second half of the season for Hull City. Whether than makes him better, that's down to opinion I guess. This time a year ago Maguire couldn't get a regular game in the Championship...

Who cares what happened a year ago? The guy is a solid Premier League centre back now with serious intentions to get called up for England. Maguire and Lees aren't even close in terms of ability, however much i rate the guy.

16 hours ago, MOwl said:

Who cares what happened a year ago? The guy is a solid Premier League centre back now with serious intentions to get called up for England. Maguire and Lees aren't even close in terms of ability, however much i rate the guy.

I'm simply highlighting two things;

1. If we had been promoted instead of Hull, could it have been Tom Lees moving for £17m now?

2. Maguire has had a quality 6 months after barely being able to get a game in the Championship - he could be a flash in the pan.

I'll reserve judgement - I remember Michael Ricketts looking like the Brazilian Ronaldo for half a season!

21 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

I'm simply highlighting two things;

1. If we had been promoted instead of Hull, could it have been Tom Lees moving for £17m now?

2. Maguire has had a quality 6 months after barely being able to get a game in the Championship - he could be a flash in the pan.

I'll reserve judgement - I remember Michael Ricketts looking like the Brazilian Ronaldo for half a season!

This is a pretty accurate assessment IMO.

Maguire was half decent when he played for the pigs, then seemed to go missing for a while but last season the improvement was incredible, the price tag is justified for a future England player.

The above statement is true.........but it left a bitter taste in my mouth to agree with thousands of pigs that knew it all along.

18 hours ago, Spookone said:

His previous club aside I would say Maguire is a better player than Lees

Definitely.

I'll admit, he surprised me last season Maguire. Has some real quality about him, seems to have come on leaps & bounds by playing regularly. if he continues, he's a shoe in for England IMO  in an area (centre def) that England are seriously lacking any stand out performers.

2 hours ago, modboy said:

always been decent, just some people wont / wouldn't admit it even though hes an owl but played for them lot

Always rated him - my only problem with him when he was at Utd was that he lacked pace, he always looked a little on the heavy side but he's obviously rectified this.