Harry Maguire

He's probably the most promising CB in the PL, Owl or not he aint coming here. Jeez, we get a chairman with serious money and ambition and some folks on here get embarrassingly carried away. Carlos probably wouldn't play him anyway and his confidence would be shot come the end of June...:duntmatter:

Edited by Almat

Guest wilyfox

We needed promotion to stand a chance with Maguire. Even then, his fee would be huge. English centre-halves are a premium these days. Stones went for silly money. Suspect fees for Keane, Maguire, and Gibson will also be obscene. 

4 hours ago, wilyfox said:

We needed promotion to stand a chance with Maguire. Even then, his fee would be huge. English centre-halves are a premium these days. Stones went for silly money. Suspect fees for Keane, Maguire, and Gibson will also be obscene. 

if only there wasnt too much greed in football these days, its a shame, he would probably like to come to hillsborough but money rules, so sad.

On 6/3/2017 at 19:40, salmonbones said:

I don't doubt Maguire has talent, but am I seemingly alone in thinking he's not really as good as a move to a top 6 premiership side?   I personally would question him as a Premiership defender.

I wouldn't mind if we went for him, but honestly I wouldn't mind if we went for someone a little bit faster, a little bit cuter, but maybe a little bit less good on the ball moving forwards.

His assets are seriously over egged in my opinion.   He is good going forward but less so actually defending, and doing anything at speed is an issue with him.

He's actually very good at defending. he wins almost everything in the air and is always in the right position.

his pace lets him down, but if he played alongside a more pacey defender it would suit him to the ground.

1 hour ago, kevtheowl said:

Rubbish !!!!    If Wednesday did show any interest, I'm sure he'd jump at the chance.     UTO 

Honestly don't agree mate.

2 hours ago, PeteG_1984 said:

Stock risen too high for him to come to a second tier club now

Far too high, he's way, way out of Reach.

13 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

far superior to Loovens by a country mile

Agreed, but still no pace. (Someone on here once said that Loovens would be booked for slow play in a Walking Football match.)

20 minutes ago, 2hoots said:

Agreed, but still no pace. (Someone on here once said that Loovens would be booked for slow play in a Walking Football match.)

This season we struggled when loovens was out, our form improved when he returned, we have a good defensive record, he has to take some credit

On 04/06/2017 at 15:13, wilyfox said:

So what's Tom Lees worth then.  UTO