We'd Have Got Promoted If...

10 hours ago, outlaw pete said:

In over 180 min against Huddersfield, we scored 1 goal,, had 3 shots on target, thats one shot on target every hour and won just 3 corners.

Last season Huddersfield finished 19th.

Brought in a coach who had no experiance of the Championship.

With a budget equal to that of Rotherhams he begged and borrowed players

from the EPL.

Next season Huddersfield will start in the EPL with an income of £200 million.

Our failure to beat Huddersfiel will see  us stuck in the Championship.,

Dispite spending millions last season.

Ofcourse some of us are not happy.

But, bizarrely, the man who has shelled out in excess of 30 million on this team, seems happy enough to give the coach who wasted it another year...

Its not the play offs that cost us its the way we have been playing all season , yes it has got us there but the football has been dire in most part .

We changed tack in those six games we needed to win and guess what , we won and looked comfortable unfortunately we reverted back to type. 

Hooper was the biggest loss but one player with all our riches should not make such a difference . 

I love Carlos and glad he is staying but something must change , we have to boss games and put teams to bed not be hanging on for a result . 

1 hour ago, Kenners3896 said:

It is disappointing to see town go up. There style of play is so simple. Hogg wins it, gives it to mooy who sends it down the line for either kachunga or van la parra. 

Their strike force is weak in wells hence the reason they don't score many. 

Their signings have been brilliant this season. 

Ours have been terrible. We've someone even managed to turn Rhodes bad. 

If we are to do anything next season we need a overhaul. 

7 strikers is ridiculous. We need 4. Some have to go. Nuhiu has to go. So does either Fletcher or winnal.

We need pace desperately. 

Mattias, joao can go, Jones can go, sasso can go. 

Semedo has to go. 

Fox or pudil can go and reach needs to player at LB. He's not a winger. 

We need to be ruthless. 

Abrahams should be our number one target. I would have said mooy too but that aint happening. 

Also the forestieri thing needs sorting once and for all. He's either in or he's not. Hearing plenty of rumours he wants out. 

Wasn't the same player last season and if he doesn't want to be here get rid and get someone else in. 

Next season is huge, Carlos needs a good start or he'll be gone after 10 games. 

We finished 4th but probably in the weakest championship season in years. 

Next season will be normal service resumed.

Their style got them up....... end of. 

Abrahams is premier bound,sasso and semedo are going, only fessi rumours i hear are the ones i read on here with no substance as usual. 

And as for the 10 games rubbish, well...............!! 

Edited by BARMYARMY2010

1 hour ago, Kenners3896 said:

We finished 4th but probably in the weakest championship season in years. 

Next season will be normal service resumed.

Look back to the start of the season on Owlstalk. Everyone was saying what a hard league it was going to be with Newcastle and Villa coming down.

The truth is every season is hard. We need to stop worrying and make sure we are good enough. 

9 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Didn't they manage just two shots more on target and only score with an own goal?

They edged it on penalties and just deserved it over the two games.  On one hand people are bigging them up for their swashbuckling season where they pushed the top 2 then saying we should have beat them over 2 games as a given.

Some reyt crybaby, mardyarse brats in our fanbase.....fine margins have been the two words that have been used throughout the season and held true through the playoffs.

Grow the fuckup and show a bit of dignity and basic sportsmanship ffs!

We got done, only just but it happens.  If we had won on penalties and same again today the same folk would be justifying a lottery victory with the same bullshitarrogance.

Cringeworthy on here today from a good few and even worse on social media.

I wish some would just pack it in because it's really showing us up.

Well said mate.

It's a f******g embarrassment on here lately.

Quite honestly, the three games I saw them play Huddersfield deserved it. I don't think you'd take many (probably only Mooy), from their squad over ours but they played to their strengths whereas we just wallowed in our own forced negativity as we have done most of the season.

But I really hope Carlos was watching yesterday; this was a play off we should have won.

12 hours ago, outlaw pete said:

In over 180 min against Huddersfield, we scored 1 goal,, had 3 shots on target, thats one shot on target every hour and won just 3 corners.

Last season Huddersfield finished 19th.

Brought in a coach who had no experiance of the Championship.

With a budget equal to that of Rotherhams he begged and borrowed players

from the EPL.

Next season Huddersfield will start in the EPL with an income of £200 million.

Our failure to beat Huddersfiel will see  us stuck in the Championship.,

Dispite spending millions last season.

Ofcourse some of us are not happy.

How can people and the media keep saying Huddersfield had the same budget at Rotherham when they paid 1.5 mill for shindler sp? 

Also they must have paid more out in wages then Rotherham imo .

Wagner has done a superb job though no doubt about that ...even if they had a minus goal ratio it goes to show that being defence minded like Carlos has this season  doesn't necessarily work, I personally liked our style the season before .

21 minutes ago, parkerowl said:

But your moaning about them ? does that make you a tw*t too? 

That's been done to death mate.

As has last season, as has the CC debate.

Ad Infinitum.

The decision's been taken re CC, some agree some don't, but it's about time 'supporters' (using the term loosely), put their grievances and agenda's re CC behind them and went back to what they're supposed to be, supporters. 

All the griping & whinging can have some effect, as proven by the need to respond from the club this season, but not in a positive way.

I suppose though, a lot of the anti CC crew, would see a sustained barrage of negativity on social media and failure on the pitch leading to them getting their way and CC being forced or deciding to leave, as extremely positive in their view. 

We should be talking about what the forthcoming season holds in store, not going over issues & decisions that have already been taken.

Edited by bigthinrob

the fans (we are not twats) are entitled to be pished off after seeing what some might say a tinpot club promoted yesterday,our manager bottled it,pure and simple,what are some folk (like me) supposed to feel? i will be supporting wednesday next season as i have done the previous fifty four,i hope CC throws my rants right back in my face,i'm just not convinced he will/can.

21 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

That's been done to death mate.

As has last season, as has the CC debate.

Ad Infinitum.

The decision's been taken re CC, some agree some don't, but it's about time 'supporters' (using the term loosely), put their grievances and agenda's re CC behind them and went back to what they're supposed to be, supporters. 

All the griping & whinging can have some effect, as proven by the need to respond from the club this season, but not in a positive way.

I suppose though, a lot of the anti CC crew, would see a sustained barrage of negativity on social media and failure on the pitch leading to them getting their way and CC being forced or deciding to leave, as extremely positive in their view. 

We should be talking about what the forthcoming season holds in store, not going over issues & decisions that have already been taken.

But when I talk about what I think this season has in store (Think we'll have a dip), I get called a moaner for giving an opinion against the consensus. Do you not see this happening ?  

Don't know how some stay so positive.

We missed our chance when we couldn't beat 'uddersfield in the 90 minutes of the second leg. Last night's game brought home to me the futility of firstly playing leg & leg, then finishing off with extra time in the final leg, followed by penalties.

As at S6, the period of extra time was excruciating to watch, with both sides anticipating  penalties. Whilst I do not like the idea of settling a match with penalties, however important, I feel that maybe it is time we dropped ET and went after 90 mins straiht to either penalties or maybe the 'Golden Goal'

16 hours ago, belfast owl lad said:

the blame lies with the manager 100%.

Agreed.

Nobody is going to convince me that Huddersfield Town have better players than us.

Had we tested their 21 year old reserve keeper in the first leg and had we gone for the kill when we'd just scored at Hillsborough and they were on the ropes then I've no doubt we'd be a Premier League club right now and £170m better off.

The fact that Huddersfield went up without any of their players scoring a single goal and them not winning a match during the playoffs just makes it all the more difficult to swallow.

People can say "move on" all they want but that's how I see it and in my opinion questions need to be asked.

As per the post I've quoted, our failure in the playoffs and us passing up what will surely be the best possible chance we could have got of getting promoted lies squarely with careful Carlos.