We'd Have Got Promoted If...

5 hours ago, Carbone said:

with -2 goal difference and such an amazing attack scoring less goals than we did, I put it down to unbelievable luck that is comparable with Leicester last season. I say congratulations to them on a ridiculous achievement, but all of the circumstances, not mentioning two penalty shootout wins, going behind in one of them, have fell very nicely for them and we see it so rarely. I think Blackpool were probably the last example of a flukey promotion? It happens. 

You aren't bitter though ? It wasn't luck . We got exactly what we deserved and they held their nerve and saw the job through against us and reading

6 hours ago, Morepork said:

That's not strictly true.

The season was tactically frustrating for sure but tactical failure does not finish 4th.

Both legs of the playoff were tactical failures, the 1st leg result was good but the tactics were s**t, mainly because it emphasised to Huddersfield how afraid of them CC was, we showed them too much respect and it just fuelled their belief. The 2nd leg was a failure because I truly believe many fans myself included expected us to throw everything at them or at the very least take the game to them. To bow out in the manner that we did is in many ways worse than loosing in the final the year before.

This year we must be more aggressive tactically, hopefully we will see that.

This 100% ∆

6 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Only because they secured their play-off place a couple of weeks before we did which allowed them to rest players.

Congratulations to Huddersfield, I'm genuinely pleased for them. They got promoted playing positive football and got what they deserved. I hope the manner of their success is noted at S6.

They rested players in one match.

we rested players in one match.

8 hours ago, outlaw pete said:

In over 180 min against Huddersfield, we scored 1 goal,, had 3 shots on target, thats one shot on target every hour and won just 3 corners.

Last season Huddersfield finished 19th.

Brought in a coach who had no experiance of the Championship.

With a budget equal to that of Rotherhams he begged and borrowed players

from the EPL.

Next season Huddersfield will start in the EPL with an income of £200 million.

Our failure to beat Huddersfiel will see  us stuck in the Championship.,

Dispite spending millions last season.

Ofcourse some of us are not happy.

Couldn't have put it better, still really angry about it but while ever DC backs Carlos then we need to get behind him,I just hope he addresses his short comings this season.

This time next year he will either be a hero or an expensive out of work failure.

No pressure.

23 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

They rested players in one match.

we rested players in one match.

They completely switched off when they accepted that catching Brighton and Newcastle wasn't a goer and played out the rest of the matches without breaking out of second gear. They would have rested players in more games had they not had their wrists slapped.

1 minute ago, darren906 said:

Read somewhere that hudders got promoted without winning their last 5 matches. Fine margins. They deserved to go up but didn't exactly blow anyone away

In 4 games plus extra time they scored one goal and we had to do that for them, only we could feck that up.

9 hours ago, BIG D said:

We had finished 5th and played the dog botherers at home first. We would have had a right go at them like we did against Brighton last year and taking a lead to Huddersfield they would never have broken us down. Neither team today had anything about them. Rubbish. 

Next season will be our year, I've never felt more optimistic. 

We didn't beat the Udders because CC showed too much fear instead of going for their throat.

Done that and we would have been at Wembley.

6 hours ago, rob chester said:

Simply we were not quite good enough points wise and far worse performance wise strange really when you get so many point's. One thing is for sure a fast start this season would be great Huddersfield did it last season and stuck in there

Didn't we finish above Huddersfield, the key for us is consistency and the ability to get the best out of our best players ie Forestieri, Rhodes and Abdi.

Just now, Blue and white said:

Didn't we finish above Huddersfield, the key for us is consistency and the ability to get the best out of our best players ie Forestieri, Rhodes and Abdi.

Rhodes and Abdi??????

5 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Why oh why do Owls fans insist on picking at open wounds ? Roll on the New season !

This last 2 weeks so many "fans" have come across like spoilt children 

"we should be at Wembley" "it's not fair"

We weren't good enough on the day! Move on!

Rhodes is the best striker in this league by a country mile, his record speaks for itself.

Abdi, granted we haven't seen the best of him but he is head and shoulders above anything we have in midfield, Watford fans were devastated to lose, there wasn't a Wednesday fan alive who wasn't happy when he signed.

There is too much negativity in the play-offs, not just by SWFC, yesterday's contenders played as though they were afraid to lose, and in so doing ended up with the dreaded penalty shoot out, can you imagine the likes of Hirst, Waddle and Sheridan being scared of daring to win?

It is disappointing to see town go up. There style of play is so simple. Hogg wins it, gives it to mooy who sends it down the line for either kachunga or van la parra. 

Their strike force is weak in wells hence the reason they don't score many. 

Their signings have been brilliant this season. 

Ours have been terrible. We've someone even managed to turn Rhodes bad. 

If we are to do anything next season we need a overhaul. 

7 strikers is ridiculous. We need 4. Some have to go. Nuhiu has to go. So does either Fletcher or winnal.

We need pace desperately. 

Mattias, joao can go, Jones can go, sasso can go. 

Semedo has to go. 

Fox or pudil can go and reach needs to player at LB. He's not a winger. 

We need to be ruthless. 

Abrahams should be our number one target. I would have said mooy too but that aint happening. 

Also the forestieri thing needs sorting once and for all. He's either in or he's not. Hearing plenty of rumours he wants out. 

Wasn't the same player last season and if he doesn't want to be here get rid and get someone else in. 

Next season is huge, Carlos needs a good start or he'll be gone after 10 games. 

We finished 4th but probably in the weakest championship season in years. 

Next season will be normal service resumed.

37 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Rhodes is the best striker in this league by a country mile, his record speaks for itself.

Abdi, granted we haven't seen the best of him but he is head and shoulders above anything we have in midfield, Watford fans were devastated to lose, there wasn't a Wednesday fan alive who wasn't happy when he signed.

But they've both been awful since signing...