Rhodes / Hooper or Rhodes / Foristieri or Winnall / Hooper or Winall / Foristieri

Joao as impact sub.

Nuihu however much I like the guy just isn't worth carrying.

*Knew I forgot someone. Fletch / Foristieri or Fletch / Hooper.

Edited by maldenowl

no real preference as they are all capable of doing well ,for me it's more about giving them the ammo to fire .that's not a dig at our midfield and wingers as I think they are capable of providing it if carlos takes off the shackles .

3 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

Rhodes and hooper 

Fernando is not a striker and better coming in on the left

Couldnt agree more, but it's abundantly clear that Carlos not only sees FF as a striker, but as one of our best two strikers.

And it will ruin our 17/18 chances, as it did this season.

14 hours ago, trev said:

Westwood

Lees

Hutch

New cb 

New rwb 

Lee

Bannan

Abdi

New lwb or reach

Rhodes

Hooper

I was calling for this one all season and I I don't think hunt is that bad, he's Ben improving all season and was putting a few utility balls in towards the end of the season, the one against Derby Fletcher should have scored from in the first half for example. Reach certainly has the work rate and energy levels, maybe needs toughening up a bit, but with the right training could be excellent as a lwb. 

Pressuming he sticks with the system and plays a forward pairing he's really got the make the most of the pre season friendly games to find out his best pairing

There's so many combinations he's got to choose from.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Needs to bring in someone with pace and power, someone who offers something that none of the others do. It's unimaginable that a club with top flight aspirations might rely on the one paced offerings of Fletcher, Hooper, Rhodes and Winnall

16 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Couldnt agree more, but it's abundantly clear that Carlos not only sees FF as a striker, but as one of our best two strikers.

And it will ruin our 17/18 chances, as it did this season.

Massive overstatement. Hooper and Lee being injured were much bigger factors.

also our non creative midfielders 

For me its got to be hooper and fletcher. They looked good at times last season and are our most intelligent strikers, they have every chance of making a good partnership and have shown more signs of link play than the others and seem to genuinely enjoy playing together. Seems strange to me how few people seem keen on fletcher, hes been a better striker than rhodes in wednesday colours and at other teams throughout his career.

For me rhodes is going to continue to struggle here if he is expected to play the fletcher role. At huddersfield and blackburn he wasnt a target man and played the little man role more, he needs freeing of the responsibility, when he drops deep to win flick ons or link play hes to slow to then get in the box where hes most effective.

For this reason it might be that we need to sign a new striker or give joao another try as when fletcher is injured the other combinations dont work for me too many players all wanting to do the same thing. FF needs to be relegated to super sub role unfortunately as good a player as he negatively affects the team shape when he plays wide left or up front, hes a great sub to have and should stay that way.