1 hour ago, trask43 said:

For me its got to be hooper and fletcher. They looked good at times last season and are our most intelligent strikers, they have every chance of making a good partnership and have shown more signs of link play than the others and seem to genuinely enjoy playing together. Seems strange to me how few people seem keen on fletcher, hes been a better striker than rhodes in wednesday colours and at other teams throughout his career.

For me rhodes is going to continue to struggle here if he is expected to play the fletcher role. At huddersfield and blackburn he wasnt a target man and played the little man role more, he needs freeing of the responsibility, when he drops deep to win flick ons or link play hes to slow to then get in the box where hes most effective.

For this reason it might be that we need to sign a new striker or give joao another try as when fletcher is injured the other combinations dont work for me too many players all wanting to do the same thing. FF needs to be relegated to super sub role unfortunately as good a player as he negatively affects the team shape when he plays wide left or up front, hes a great sub to have and should stay that way.

Again, I struggle with this. I agree they are the best pairing we have, but it's hard to imagine any attack devoid of pace thriving at the top end. If it's to be any pairing of our existing strikers, sadly it will be more of the same entertainment wise

17 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Couldnt agree more, but it's abundantly clear that Carlos not only sees FF as a striker, but as one of our best two strikers.

And it will ruin our 17/18 chances, as it did this season.

See you've got a new negger.:baby:

18 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Again, I struggle with this. I agree they are the best pairing we have, but it's hard to imagine any attack devoid of pace thriving at the top end. If it's to be any pairing of our existing strikers, sadly it will be more of the same entertainment wise

Their experienced enough and intelligent enough players for me to get away with it particularly at home, against newcastle they destroyed there defence with their movement and link up and its not like rhodes or winnall solve the pace problem. 

Away from home Id agree its easy for slower players to get isolated and discouraged and having pace or power up top gets you up the pitch, thats where hopefully ff and maybe even joao can still have a role to play. The problem can hopefully be more easily resolved in other places though if we finally get our recruitment right. A pacy right winger and left back would compensate for our slower set of strikers although maybe in an ideal world we would have recruited a pacy striker instead of one of rhodes or winnall.

6 hours ago, gurujuan said:

What did you see this season that makes you think our tactics would suit a pacy striker?

I assume you think Carlos would change his approach?

I find it fascinating that so many people wanted Carlos to stay, but that he also changes. 

51 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

What did you see this season that makes you think our tactics would suit a pacy striker?

I assume you think Carlos would change his approach?

I find it fascinating that so many people wanted Carlos to stay, but that he also changes. 

I think he can change his approach, he has before. Personally, yes I'd like him to change his approach, but do I think he will? Probably not, no. If he doesn't, then you have to look at improving the starting eleven using the template of last season. This means, we could add an aerially dominant centre back, without altering the shape. Within this system, there is no role for direct pacy wingers, as some suggest, save only to be used as impact players from the bench. We could also add more quality to central midfield. As for the strikers, I don't see why the system can't incorporate a strong quick striker. Who says it has to be a static one? We play a nominal 4-4-2 system, but it's actually nearer a 4-4-1-1 system, with either Hooper or Forestieri playing the link role. For this style of play, I'm happy with those options, but ahead of them, leading the line, I'd prefer someone more dynamic than Fletcher or Rhodes. I don't see a problem with using a quick powerful forward who can run in behind.

On 23/05/2017 at 19:33, trev said:

Westwood

Lees

Hutch

New cb 

New rwb 

Lee

Bannan

Abdi

New lwb or reach

Rhodes

Hooper

Exactly my thoughts

might be Fessi and Abdi rotation as the forward of the 2 midfielders.

as a wing back Reach or Pudil will do but could improve.

RWB - new first choice and Hunt as back up.

centre back needs to be big strong and quick (there easy to find)