The Star - Carlos staying

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Happy you didn't buy a season ticket based on this?

I'm happy you didn't buy one either if that's the level of your support!

If you feel justified in not having a season ticket next season, what would make you tempted to buy one? Have you had one in the previous 15 years of mostly dross before the current regime?

Carlos got it wrong in the play-offs but improved our league points in a tougher season, if he manages that again then we are in with a chance, far less effort than changing managers and starting afresh, especially considering some of the names we were linked with.

We don't need wholesale changes, just get rid of some of the excess players we don't need and bring in a smaller number with more quality. The main concern I have is him getting the best out of the hefty investments we have made in Rhodes & Abdi.

It's my belief that we've gone stale, I don't think CC's approach will get us promoted from the championship, but that's not it.

I've not got one because were boring, there were games last season where I sat and after half an hour couldn't wait to go home. Why would I do this again if I don't believe it will be the same? I don't really do blind faith.

The Forestieri situation really didn't sit well with me and it still doesn't, so I suppose you could factor that in too. I don't like the money aspect of the game. Especially the greedy little buggers like him, although I understand most of them are like that now.

There's not really anything that would make me buy a ST at this stage.

And finally the highlighted point...the level of my support...I don't boo at games, I don't abuse players, If I don't like it I don't go, what's up with that ? 

2 minutes ago, parkerowl said:

It's my belief that we've gone stale, I don't think CC's approach will get us promoted from the championship, but that's not it.

I've not got one because were boring, there were games last season where I sat and after half an hour couldn't wait to go home. Why would I do this again if I don't believe it will be the same? I don't really do blind faith.

The Forestieri situation really didn't sit well with me and it still doesn't, so I suppose you could factor that in too. I don't like the money aspect of the game. Especially the greedy little buggers like him, although I understand most of them are like that now.

There's not really anything that would make me buy a ST at this stage.

And finally the highlighted point...the level of my support...I don't boo at games, I don't abuse players, If I don't like it I don't go, what's up with that ? 

Fair enough but if you find that boring what did you think to the previous 15 years!

Last season wasn't the edge of the seat stuff that we had sometimes the previous season but that was down to the opposition as well. I'm guessing it was probably still one of our most successful home seasons at this level or higher since the previous century and a far cry from watching us struggle to score double figures at home in a full season in 2014-15.

Chansiri wants attractive football, Carlos showed he can produce that but compromised his style for results last season, I would imagine after the discussions with the chairman the plan will be to find a happy medium next season where we are more attacking than this season but not as potentially open to being hit as the season before and if he doesn't produce the goods then DC will not be sentimental.

2 hours ago, The major said:

just had my day of ruined. However well have to stick together and see what happens.

On days like today, if that's the worst thing you've got to worry about think yourself lucky.

Pleased with this decision.

Continuity is important to the stability at any football club and Im sure he will sit down at some stage and identify where and how we need to improve.

A new boss could have made wholesale changes and we could have entered into a bedding in period that saw us drop off the top 6.

4 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Cheap shot.. Every ones been posting without reference to that.

For anyone else maybe, look at the history of his posts, just trying to get a rise. Maybe I should have ignored it but this decision 'ruining his day' - come on.

Guest Kameron

Not happy he's staying but so what, as seen these past 24hrs things like this are irrelevant in life.  We'll still have a club with or without Carlos the poor people caught up in the events in Manchester will have to live with the consequences for the rest of their lives, Carlos staying or going doesn't matter in the slightest.

If he can just realise that BB, Lee & Hutch don't have to start every game, and that he is allowed to drop one or two of them, then it may be good news rather than a new manager coming in and making massive changes. Probably not good news for Rhodes and Abdi.

Fabulous news, like I said in another thread we are two seasons into a massive rebuilding job. In my opinion I believe we've shown progression each season, with a few quality players recruited in the summer we will be challenging for a top two finish next season.    UTO 

3 hours ago, DesWalker said:

Because of the progression we have made over the last 2 seasons.

CC will be under no illusions what is required this year.  The chairman has backed him, the players back him, now us as fans have to back him.

He'll know top 2 is the aim and he needs to find a way of getting us there.

Easier said than done, but bring in that midfield beast, at least one good quality CB to partner lees and someone who can cross a ball for our arrey of striking talent. We've had exiting football(season 1), we've had the boring defensive non creative (season 2) so in short amalgamate the two styles and hit the ground running for once. 

1) My overriding feeling is pleased that the club haven't let the uncertainty surrounding the head coach's position linger on.  And Wednesday can now concentrate solely on sorting out pre-season, player contracts, new signings etc.

2) Got to admit, I would have loved to appoint a young, promising, progressive coach like Wagner (if Huddersfield do remain a Championship side after the PO final).  Hopefully we won't regret not taking such an astute gamble.

Very happy with the decision, but probably even happier we've acted so quickly.

We don't need major reconstruction, but refinement.  Now that the managerial situation is cleared up, I'd hope we can complete our summer transfers as quick as we possibly can, have a full pre-season with all new players included and come out of the gates flying.  If we're going to get automatic, then I think a strong start is essential.

I have mixed feelings regarding Carlos staying for another season.  The most important issue for me is to ensure that we clear out all of the dead wood, including those who still have time left on their contract.  The likes of McGugan, Dielna, Melo etc etc.  That way we can see the wood for the trees and decide which positions we need to strengthen.  The contributors on here have made suggestions as to which positions they are and to be fair they are all pretty obvious.  Principally centre back, midfield and wide midfield players, possible full backs.

But the key is that we reduce the size of the squad and consolidate so that the first eleven is stronger and the squad is more designed to play a more attacking style, rather than the "contain and occasionally break" style that was so painful to watch in the season just ended.  Some people have suggested that Carlos' favourite formation is actually 4-3-3 and that he may revert to that.  Maybe it's possible with changes to the squad.  Maybe one out and out winger along with two recognised strikers might be a slightly amended way of using that system successfully.  Time will of course tell what system he will use and how the recruitment and "clear out" goes through the summer.

Edited by Kevan

10 minutes ago, Kevan said:

I have mixed feelings regarding Carlos staying for another season.  The most important issue for me is to ensure that we clear out all of the dead wood, including those who still have time left on their contract.  The likes of McGugan, Dielna, Melo etc etc.  That way we can see the wood for the trees and decide which positions we need to strengthen.  The contributors on here have made suggestions as to which positions they are and to be fair they are all pretty obvious.  Principally centre back, midfield and wide midfield players, possible full backs.

But the key is that we reduce the size of the squad and consolidate so that the first eleven is stronger and the squad is more designed to play a more attacking style, rather than the "contain and occasionally break" style that was so painful to watch in the season just ended.  Some people have suggested that Carlos' favourite formation is actually 4-3-3 and that he may revert to that.  Maybe it's possible with changes to the squad.  Maybe one out and out winger along with two recognised strikers might be a slightly amended way of using that system successfully.  Time will of course tell what system he will use and how the recruitment and "clear out" goes through the summer.

Beautiful post Kev...just what my coked up mate was saying at my "at home" the other day.