The Star - Carlos staying

I really hope he gives people like Abdi a chance when fit. One of the things that might have been nice if CC did go is that every player would have started with a clean slate and certain players wouldnt be favorites of the manager. We have had some talented players like McManaman last season yet he was hardly given a chance. Few changes here and there though and a couple of new signings and a challenge for the top 2 will hopefully happen next season.

Edited by WalthamOwl

Great news if true. 

There are are no guarantees in football; anyone disheartened at finishing 4th in the Championship and losing out in the Play Offs needs to seriously consider a) our club's record over the last 20-30 years and b) the difficulty so many other clubs have had in their quest to gain promotion to the Premier League.

Evolution not revolution is required now for SWFC. 

DC and CC are already a proven team at reaching the Play Offs; that's a good head start over many possible contenders. Just a few tweaks to the squad and tactics, a few less injuries and a bit of luck; and we might well do it!

Keep the faith.

UTO

2 minutes ago, RichieB said:

If Carlos thought last season was pressure wait until what next season will be like, people will rightly or wrongly expect top 2 as the only natural progression under Carlos. 

Let's hope he learns from his mistakes. And let's hope he doesn't bench millions of pounds worth of new signings to stick with his favourites who have now failed twice when it mattered. 

Very much agree with this, people like Rhodes and Adbi imo should be regulars and not be left on the bench or not even in the squad.

24 minutes ago, DesWalker said:

Sorted nice and quick.

Now get some players with pace bought.

What make you think he will do anything different? 

Pacy players? You must be joking.

Underwhelmed by this - another season of underperformance vs talent beckons. Expect a season similar to this just gone.

Wr are standing still 

If he persists with three midfielders i'l lose interest very quickly,

What would make it interesting would be if either Bannan, Lee or Hutch were sold and IMO a smaller squad would massively help - he can't mould a side with lots of options. 

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

Guest The Horse

I wanted a fresh pair of eyes but hopefully he's learned from his mistakes and we start like a house on fire from day one.

In fact, he has to change. 

Can't see the conversation from Chansiri being 'more of the same please, Carlos.'

Got a 3 year season ticket so will be going the home games.

Normally a regular at away games but really don't want to pay an average of £30+ to watch tactics that we are lucky to have more then one shot on target and always bring on a defensive midfielder with 20 mins left. My wallet is staying closed next season for majority of away games.

1 minute ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

What make you think he will do anything different? 

Pacy wingers? You must be joking.

Underwhelmed by this - another season of underperformance vs talent available beckons. Expect a season similar to this just gone.

If he persists with three midfielders i'l lose interest very quickly,

What would make it interesting would be if either Bannan, Lee or Hutch were sold and IMO a smaller squad would massively help - he can't mould a side with lots of options. 

Because of the progression we have made over the last 2 seasons.

CC will be under no illusions what is required this year.  The chairman has backed him, the players back him, now us as fans have to back him.

He'll know top 2 is the aim and he needs to find a way of getting us there.

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

Got a 3 year season ticket so will be going the home games.

Normally a regular at away games but really don't want to pay an average of £30+ to watch tactics that we are lucky to have more then one shot on target and always bring on a defensive midfielder with 20 mins left. My wallet is staying closed next season for majority of away games.

Phew 

Just now, DesWalker said:

Because of the progression we have made over the last 2 seasons.

CC will be under no illusions what is required this year.  The chairman has backed him, the players back him, now us as fans have to back him.

He'll know top 2 is the aim and he needs to find a way of getting us there.

Progression? PO final year 1, knocked out by huddersfield year 2 in the semis.

That's regression 

He has shown nothing in 2 seasons that he indicates he can get us into top two.

1 minute ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

That's regression 

One season we finished 6th the following 4th

That is progression in my book

He can't control if players score penalties in a penalty shoot out

Just now, Earlsfieldowl said:

That's regression 

Over 46 games we finished 2 places higher with 7 more points.  In a season where injuries hit and there was increased pressure to deliver.

Lets just hope hes learnt his lesson and sorts the recruitment out this year.  Last years reactionary scatter gun approach to recruitment has hurt us.  Buy players we need not just get good players because they are available and try to squeeze them in.

He needs to be ruthless in trimming the size of the squad and bring in 2 or 3 quality players.

And for F**ks sake get some pace into the side

Lets hope carlos gets it right from the off next season. Clear out some of the deadwood and sign 3-4 players who will strengthen the team and not the just the squad. Dont expect to be in the top 2 but we should be challenging, something we never looked like doing all last season. One thing that struck me last season was that every time we had a chance to put pressure on the teams above us we seemed to come up short so carlos needs to up his game i my opinion