The Star - Carlos staying

51 minutes ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

Excellent news. 

It would be lunacy not to stick with a manager who finished 4th in the league. 

Agreed

Will be interesting who comes in/leaves.

A very big pre season for some to prove their worth with a lot of dead wood to move on from the fringes like Melo, Matias ect.

Hopefully CC will have learnt lessons from last season and we and he evolve as a team to forfil our obvious potential.

ON OUR WAY

I'm finding it very difficult to accept another season like last season, I know we came 4th, but the entertainment value was very, very low.

Hope I'm wrong, but if they thought last season was pressure then wait until we've had 10 games and aren't comfortable in the top two.

Trying to sum up how I feel with a Carloism.

Here goes.........

Sometimes you want cheese,

Sometimes you want biscuits,

But over time, the cheeses become not the same for the palate

And the biscuits become soft, and also not good for the palate

So you settle on a baguette

And to the baguette you add the finest meat, and the finest fishes eggs

And before you know it, you banquet with the Queen, and she also has cheeses and biscuits, and pickled onions.

Today my friends, I take a seat at the Castle, and I dine with Queens and Kings, and have a bottle of Irn Bru

26 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

All Carlos needs now is a regular half time dumper. We can't afford a dumper who swans off fishing every now and then. Or Reyt simon ?

Or a good substitute dumper Nev, you must do better.

Here are my latest trophies btw

What have we got left in the Wednesday trophy room? lol

IMG_0081.JPG

IMG_0086.JPG

IMG_0084.JPG

Edited by theowlsman

53 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Top 6, and a chance of promotion, 2 seasons running.

Possibly the hardest league in World football to get promoted from.

Seasons in English football = 2.

One of the best win ratios of any Wednesday manager.

Learning from his mistakes and will improve.

Has the right personality for a Wednesday manager.

Not phased by the size of the club, or expectations.

Nice to see us buck the trend, and not sack managers for the sake of it, maintaining consistency.

Excellent Chairmanship Mr C.

We STILL have a bright future.

Money + Quality Players + Patience = Success

You sir have hit that nail right on the head. 

Stayed away from here until this was resolved one way or the other.

I could have seen the justification for making a change on the basis of an assessment that this season was as good as this unit can ever be, which doesn't meet Chansiri's expectations.

On the other hand, continuity has inherent value and we've finished in the playoffs twice in succession.

The plain fact is that the four playoff teams (and Leeds) were basically identical in terms of quality, the semi was never a gimme.

On balance, I'm glad about this. And I'm very glad that we don't have Pardew, McLaren, Pearson or the like stinking up the joint.

And there's no Newcastle or Brighton in the division next season. Villa and Norwich are starting on the back foot. Sunderland have a way to go before they hit bottom. Hull and Boro should be competitive but no more. Derby, Fulham and Leeds should be competitive again. Whichever of Reading Or Huddersfield stays down is vulnerable to losing their coach, and will surely struggle to match this season.

We go again. I expect us to be competitive, but the same arguments will rage on here, tediously. Wouldn't it be great if we could shelve the threads about sacking the coach until we're actually doing badly?

Edited by WC1Owl

1 hour ago, parkerowl said:

I feel that too, happy I didn't buy a ST, I now feel justified.

Like Carlos as a man but I think we'll have a 'dip' this season personally.

Everyone is entitled to their views and to act accordingly, but I hope you don't regret paying PotD prices if your forecast of a dip is misplaced.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Everyone is entitled to their views and to act accordingly, but I hope you don't regret paying PotD prices if your forecast of a dip is misplaced.

I'll be seeing how we do mate before deciding on weather or not to go. If we play the way we have this year, i'll probably make the blades home game and that's it. (This was the plan anyway before today's news)

Had a season ticket this season and sold it 2nd hand after the Preston at home on December 3rd, Couldn't justify being sat there bored rigid for another Saturday.

Throughout my life i've had phases where I go alot, then I don't for a while, then I go again. 

You have to do things you enjoy and if I carried on doing stuff I don't like...well...i'd be abit silly IMO.

I admit I did want him to go, but now he's staying got to look at the positives.

He knows the squad and hopefully what it needs.

He knows the league and what is required to challenge at the top.

But he's got to learn from his mistakes with the midfield and service for our strikers, cause I don't care what anyone says we've got the best strike force in this league by a mile which we completely wasted last season with poor service.

No more playing CM out wide please Carlos.

if he can get that sorted with a few quality recruits, we'll flipping have this league and smash them dirty red and white snort beasts along the way.

UTO

Brilliant news.

Good to see all the grudging (at best) and downright negativity again from all the usual suspects. 

'Football Manager' must be without some of its most expert brightest talents this afternoon.

All telling him how it's done, where he's gone wrong, formation he should play, how he should manage.

Bet none of them could even manage a f******g whelk stall never mind a football club.

One congratulating himself he hasn't bought a season ticket.  Roll on the key games, "it's not fair I've been a fan all my life".  Etc etc etc!!!!

They all ate humble pie when we made the playoffs, be eating it again before long!!