The Star - Carlos staying

30 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

Need progress and continuity not getting rid just cos we didn't go up. 

This is my feeling as well. As long as lessons are learned from this season and we strengthen in the obvious areas, then I'm happy for him to carry on.

There will be no excuses this season and he will know that. 

Come on Carlos, most fans are desperate for you to succeed at this club. Let's get it bang on this year.

Top 6, and a chance of promotion, 2 seasons running.

Possibly the hardest league in World football to get promoted from.

Seasons in English football = 2.

One of the best win ratios of any Wednesday manager.

Learning from his mistakes and will improve.

Has the right personality for a Wednesday manager.

Not phased by the size of the club, or expectations.

Nice to see us buck the trend, and not sack managers for the sake of it, maintaining consistency.

Excellent Chairmanship Mr C.

We STILL have a bright future.

Money + Quality Players + Patience = Success

Edited by theowlsman

Every Wednesday fan should be happy with this news. 

Its time to put the negativity to bed. 

We should all get behind Chansiri, Carlos, backroom staff, players. Everyone associated with the club. 

Lets to show the footballing world that we really are all wednesday aren't we. 

20 minutes ago, Savo said:

Lets just hope hes learnt his lesson and sorts the recruitment out this year.  Last years reactionary scatter gun approach to recruitment has hurt us.  Buy players we need not just get good players because they are available and try to squeeze them in.

He needs to be ruthless in trimming the size of the squad and bring in 2 or 3 quality players.

And for F**ks sake get some pace into the side

Hope you are right but not confident any of this will happen

I'll back him all the time he shows he has learnt from the mistakes he made this season in terms of selection and tactics.

People have short memories - last summer was a shambles with no semblance of a recruitment plan or strategy.  A lot of the football was turgid and not reflective of the talent available.

Under pressure last season? Under much more next.

I think a lot of people here will are going to be disappointed very quickly. 

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

54 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

Absolutely delighted. It's all about progress. A good Summer of recruitment and some luck with injuries and automatics are ours.

Absolutely agree. Respect all the doubters and had a few myself but I really believe this man will do it this year. 

43 minutes ago, cowl said:

I disagree with this decision but I'm glad that it hasn't dragged on.

CC can now get on with planning for next season's recruitment, and I can only hope we're making better use of the squad next season.

Whilst I think I do agree with this decision, the important bit is my bold.

Get on with things, get on with it quickly (3 centre backs please, and lets get rid of some dead wood, maybe a decent winger who you will trust to play too might be handy)

I don't think wholesale changes are needed full stop, and that is saying something isn't it?   That is really saying something.

44 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

This is only good news providing the same recruitment mistakes of last season are not repeated.

In terms of Carlos staying, I'm delighted we have his character, I'm tentative but optimistic regarding his tactics, I am horrified in regards to potential recruitment. Whoever was in charge last season needs to be sacked from that job... if it was Carlos then I'd keep him as well away as possible, if not I'd look to try and get him involved. One thing's for certain, we simply cannot have the same atrocious transfers we had last season. We need to be a lot smarter with our money

I really hope this pays off

Last season's transfers were not as bad as made out on here. Abdi was hard to argue against as a signing. Everyone was wee wee tail a hoop at the time. Getting the best out of him has been a different story but we might yet be glad we signed him. Reach has been positive, arguably we paid a bit too much but no regrets. Fletcher was definitely a good addition. As was Winnall. As for Rhodes, ok the expected goal rush has not materialised but it's now up to Carlos to sort things so he does reproduce his best goal return. Maybe this time next year we might be thinking differently about the past season's recruitment.

Brilliant news, well done Chansiri!

Back CC now with enough money to buy two decent young centre halves a decent central midfielder and a couple of pacy wingers. A speedy striker would be the icing on the cake, but maybe a touch greedy?

Best manager results wise since 1964 and 3rd best ever! lets hope he can take us up another two places and we'll finish 2nd. I can't imagine us having sucbad injury luck again next season and Carlos knows exactly what he needs.

UTO!

6th first season , 4th 2nd . Time to get 4 or 5 class players in . Clear some dead wood and poor squad players and go for top 2 . Happy with it best 2 years of supporting sheff wed in last 16 years. Needs to be right formation and starting line up and we have a good chance next season is the time no fannying about with playoffs this time . Last 2 years I have a sense of pride again .  

25 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Top 6, and a chance of promotion, 2 seasons running.

Possibly the hardest league in World football to get promoted from.

Seasons in English football = 2.

One of the best win ratios of any Wednesday manager.

Learning from his mistakes and will improve.

Has the right personality for a Wednesday manager.

Not phased by the size of the club, or expectations.

Nice to see us buck the trend, and not sack managers for the sake of it, maintaining consistency.

Excellent Chairmanship Mr C.

We STILL have a bright future.

Money + Quality Players + Patience = Success

All Carlos needs now is a regular half time dumper. We can't afford a dumper who swans off fishing every now and then. Or Reyt simon ?

1 minute ago, dmw said:

Last season's transfers were not as bad as made out on here. Abdi was hard to argue against as a signing. Everyone was wee wee tail a hoop at the time. Getting the best out of him has been a different story but we might yet be glad we signed him. Reach has been positive, arguably we paid a bit too much but no regrets. Fletcher was definitely a good addition. As was Winnall. As for Rhodes, ok the expected goal rush has not materialised but it's now up to Carlos to sort things so he does reproduce his best goal return. Maybe this time next year we might be thinking differently about the past season's recruitment.

Again, this whole argument of "The individual players are good signings"... no-one's saying they're not. I can't think of a single 'bad' player we signed last season... the issue is that they don't complement each other. Abdi plays best as part of a midfield 3, Reach as a midfield 4, McManaman and Buckley as wide in a front 3, all our strikers as part of a front 2. It was as if there was no formation in mind and instead a "This player is great, let's get them in" mentality. Had Buckley and McManaman been fit, we still would have barely seen them because they're not the sort of players that can play in a 4-4-2. And all this is ignoring the Emmanuelson farce or the fact that we still didn't sign pace (that we could consistently play). 

We signed great players, but this summer we need to sign players that can do exactly what we need them to do. We also need to sign a midfielder that has a history of getting assists, because (and I know it's a fairly simplified argument but it still stands to some scrutiny) if you look at the number of assists our midfielders have got over their careers, they're largely on the low side for what should be some of our more creative players.

We need to look to be positive in all regards, I really like the bloke but I honestly think Carlos is a little lucky to be given the faith he has been when many chairmen would let go a manager that assembled such an expensive squad and put in so many average performances last season. Positivity in transfer market, positivity on the pitch with a sensible but attacking approach is needed

33 minutes ago, Savo said:

Lets just hope hes learnt his lesson and sorts the recruitment out this year.  Last years reactionary scatter gun approach to recruitment has hurt us.  Buy players we need not just get good players because they are available and try to squeeze them in.

He needs to be ruthless in trimming the size of the squad and bring in 2 or 3 quality players.

And for F**ks sake get some pace into the side

Totally agree with this, our recruitment process requires sorting out and why is it such a mystery.