The Star - Carlos staying

This has to be the year DC insists on the target of automatic promotion. Failing that, and failing play-offs winner, it'll be time for a new manager.

I'm pleased that CC has another stab at it. Stability is good so long as progress is being made. Aargh!! that sounds like the Conservative manifesto.

16 minutes ago, owlsdreamer said:

Typical Ramone rubbish.

Awwww boo-boo, look at how gutted you are!!

Its brilliant seeing all the neg heads with their tail between their legs. 

Long live the King, King Carlos.

Just now, owlsdreamer said:

long live Dave Jones...oh wait , thats you init.

The difference between and you my friend...

I support my team

You, well, I'm not sure what you're doing on here really. You clearly dont like Sheffield Wednesday because all you do is moan

4 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Brilliant news.

Good to see all the grudging (at best) and downright negativity again from all the usual suspects. 

'Football Manager' must be without some of its most expert brightest talents this afternoon.

All telling him how it's done, where he's gone wrong, formation he should play, how he should manage.

Bet none of them could even manage a f******g whelk stall never mind a football club.

One congratulating himself he hasn't bought a season ticket.  Roll on the key games, "it's not fair I've been a fan all my life".  Etc etc etc!!!!

They all ate humble pie when we made the playoffs, be eating it again before long!!

We're not in the boardroom... We're on a footy forum.

Just now, ramone said:

The difference between and you my friend...

I support my team

You, well, I'm not sure what you're doing on here really. You clearly dont like Sheffield Wednesday because all you do is moan

Fuckingg hell.

Been going all my life and i don't even like them.\

Grow up .we all have a right to an opinion.

I was quite ambivalent about this one before because as much as I really like Carlos, a lot of the performances this year have been drab.

That being said, he's had a lot to deal with this year so hopefully we'll get a season without tantrums and injuries to key players and we'll challenge for the top two. One thing that was encouraging from last year was that 6 game winning run under pressure- more of that from the off and we'll have a chance. I'll definitely be backing him 100%.

Just now, owlsdreamer said:

Fuckingg hell.

Been going all my life and i don't even like them.\

Grow up .we all have a right to an opinion.

Support your team

Support the chairman

Support the manager

Support the players

Life's too short 

14 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Brilliant news.

Good to see all the grudging (at best) and downright negativity again from all the usual suspects. 

'Football Manager' must be without some of its most expert brightest talents this afternoon.

All telling him how it's done, where he's gone wrong, formation he should play, how he should manage.

Bet none of them could even manage a f******g whelk stall never mind a football club.

One congratulating himself he hasn't bought a season ticket.  Roll on the key games, "it's not fair I've been a fan all my life".  Etc etc etc!!!!

They all ate humble pie when we made the playoffs, be eating it again before long!!

Bit harsh on fishmongers.

I was 51:49 in favour of him staying - you can make arguments both ways. Fundamentally I think it would be harsh to sack a bloke whose team finished 4th. I just hope next season the football is worth watching because I've been bored shiteless this year.  It's a dear do when the game is dull and the team aren't even playing in the famous blue and white stripes.  

Great news. Good luck for next season Carlos.

So much for crap journo's running round jumping to conclusions for the sole reason he conducts his business differently to everyone else.

Looks to me like when he said his future was irrelevant and it was the team he was focused on he actually meant it.

I expect an apology will be winging it's way to him from the local journalists at least who doubted he was being truthful when he threatened to walk out of the press conference.

The man himself is as honourable as they come and we are lucky to have him. We've just dodged a ferkin exocet.

23 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Brilliant news.

That's me! & i'll stick by it. very, very relieved at the moment.

2 hours ago, parkerowl said:

I feel that too, happy I didn't buy a ST, I now feel justified.

Like Carlos as a man but I think we'll have a 'dip' this season personally.

Happy you didn't buy a season ticket based on this?

I'm happy you didn't buy one either if that's the level of your support!

If you feel justified in not having a season ticket next season, what would make you tempted to buy one? Have you had one in the previous 15 years of mostly dross before the current regime?

Carlos got it wrong in the play-offs but improved our league points in a tougher season, if he manages that again then we are in with a chance, far less effort than changing managers and starting afresh, especially considering some of the names we were linked with.

We don't need wholesale changes, just get rid of some of the excess players we don't need and bring in a smaller number with more quality. The main concern I have is him getting the best out of the hefty investments we have made in Rhodes & Abdi.

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Happy you didn't buy a season ticket based on this?

I'm happy you didn't buy one either if that's the level of your support!

If you feel justified in not having a season ticket next season, what would make you tempted to buy one? Have you had one in the previous 15 years of mostly dross before the current regime?

Carlos got it wrong in the play-offs but improved our league points in a tougher season, if he manages that again then we are in with a chance, far less effort than changing managers and starting afresh, especially considering some of the names we were linked with.

We don't need wholesale changes, just get rid of some of the excess players we don't need and bring in a smaller number with more quality. The main concern I have is him getting the best out of the hefty investments we have made in Rhodes & Abdi.

Not renewing your season ticket for only finishing 4th. I'm incredulous. Clearly some "fans" were not around during the Shreeves, Yorath and Turner years. 

39 minutes ago, parkerowl said:

I'll be seeing how we do mate before deciding on weather or not to go. If we play the way we have this year, i'll probably make the blades home game and that's it. (This was the plan anyway before today's news)

Had a season ticket this season and sold it 2nd hand after the Preston at home on December 3rd, Couldn't justify being sat there bored rigid for another Saturday.

Throughout my life i've had phases where I go alot, then I don't for a while, then I go again. 

You have to do things you enjoy and if I carried on doing stuff I don't like...well...i'd be abit silly IMO.

The epitome of a fair weather fan!