Almen Abdi

12 hours ago, KernowOwl said:

Really...he looked so out of place. 

I know, it's a bit bizarre, isn't it? I bet Carlos and Chansiri were expecting a lot more than he's shown so far!

To be fair to Abdi, though, it all points to him never being properly fit during his time here. When he finally is, hopefully after a full pre-season this summer, Abdi is easily capable of being our stand-out player, whether played out wide or in a central position.

On 22/05/2017 at 08:17, Southie_Owl said:

Yep Abdi will probably be sold to someone like Fulham in the summer and become the best player in the league next season 

Although he has had injury and fitness problems, there were a few games when he was either only on the bench or Dom howson said he was fit but wasn't picked for tactical reasons. 

Hopefully for his sake he finds himself at a team that will use him correctly next season 

For my next prediction, I've heard Messi is looking for a move to S6.

Report on that HITC

:manager:

On 2017-5-22 at 09:44, Saxondale said:

You've got to question who it was that decided to sign Abdi. As Carlos never seemed to really fancy him, he only got a little run of games before his last injury because we were struggling for bodies and ideas in midfield. 

Ditto Urby, Mcmanamen, Buckley.

On 21/05/2017 at 12:20, pazowl55 said:

What about this.

Westwood 

Lees   Loovens  Hutchinson 

Hunt        Bannan      Lee        Reach 

Abdi     

Rhodes      Forestieri 

That's the formation I'd go with next season too. It gives us more flexibility and Reach and Hunt are made for those roles. Would still prefer another CB to Loovens on the left side and have Hutchinson pinging balls out from the middle. Bannan would miss out for me as we'd need better screening protection. I'd also play Hooper up top with Rhodes and alternate Abdi and Forestieri depending on the opposition. I'd play Abdi against stronger teams or away from home as he can drop deeper and Forestieri against the weaker teams or at home to be more on the front foot.

Westwood

Lees     Hutchinson    Hanley

Hunt       Lee    Loftus-Cheek     Reach

Abdi/Forestieri

Rhodes     Hooper

Seeing as we were in for Hanley before I would assume we should go for him again as he didn't play for Newcastle much in the Championship so the PL will be a no no. Loovens isn't getting any younger and often slows our game down from the back with his build up. If Hunt isn't up to the task then the lad who was on loan at Forest last season Hildeberto Pereira would be ideal as he looked a real threat going forward from RB. As for Loftus-Cheek, I realise that's probably a step too far but he'll be 21 and not sure if that means he'd have to be in the Chelsea PL squad of 25 or be left out?! Worth a cheeky loan bid,

Guest Kagoshimaowl
On 22/05/2017 at 15:22, Owling Wolfe said:

Forestieri in place of Reach and Hooper up front with Rhodes for me

Forestieri as a wing back?  You're having a tin bath pal!!

1 hour ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Forestieri as a wing back?  You're having a tin bath pal!!

Think I said similar. Reach and Pudil are both natural wing backs. So are Palmer and Hunt come to think of it. Alot of pluses to 3-4-3  formation next season, seems to suit our players better. 

On 22/05/2017 at 09:44, Saxondale said:

You've got to question who it was that decided to sign Abdi. As Carlos never seemed to really fancy him, he only got a little run of games before his last injury because we were struggling for bodies and ideas in midfield. 

He did fancy him initially.

Villa LM 90 mins

Norwich CM 90 mins

Burton LM taken off 45 mins

Leeds LM taken off 45 mins

Whatever he initially fancied, that soon changed.

3 hours ago, MuddyFunkster said:

That's the formation I'd go with next season too. It gives us more flexibility and Reach and Hunt are made for those roles. Would still prefer another CB to Loovens on the left side and have Hutchinson pinging balls out from the middle. Bannan would miss out for me as we'd need better screening protection. I'd also play Hooper up top with Rhodes and alternate Abdi and Forestieri depending on the opposition. I'd play Abdi against stronger teams or away from home as he can drop deeper and Forestieri against the weaker teams or at home to be more on the front foot.

Westwood

Lees     Hutchinson    Hanley

Hunt       Lee    Loftus-Cheek     Reach

Abdi/Forestieri

Rhodes     Hooper

Seeing as we were in for Hanley before I would assume we should go for him again as he didn't play for Newcastle much in the Championship so the PL will be a no no. Loovens isn't getting any younger and often slows our game down from the back with his build up. If Hunt isn't up to the task then the lad who was on loan at Forest last season Hildeberto Pereira would be ideal as he looked a real threat going forward from RB. As for Loftus-Cheek, I realise that's probably a step too far but he'll be 21 and not sure if that means he'd have to be in the Chelsea PL squad of 25 or be left out?! Worth a cheeky loan bid,

Unless Bannan is sold then he 100% plays. Forestieri will start every game aswell. My formation was more a way to accommodate Abdi into the side. but not sure about starting 11s 

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

He did fancy him initially.

Villa LM 90 mins

Norwich CM 90 mins

Burton LM taken off 45 mins

Leeds LM taken off 45 mins

Whatever he initially fancied, that soon changed.

Well if that was the case it was hardly a fair crack of the whip was it.

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

Do you think Carlos will fit him in somewhere even if he is fit? Not really seen his true potentail yet have we?

Pre season training will hopefully see abdi and hooper fit and ready, should make a massive impact if so, its just the injury curse of last season, wonder if its true that the medical team are being replaced

On 21/05/2017 at 12:20, pazowl55 said:

What about this.

Westwood 

Lees   Loovens  Hutchinson 

Hunt        Bannan      Lee        Reach 

Abdi     

Rhodes      Forestieri 

In practice our team isn't too different from that. Hutchinson practically drops in to make a back three whilst the full backs push up into midfield. The only real difference is Pudil being swapped for an extra body in midfield. 

In that formation I'd probably have FF in the Abdi slot with Hooper up front. Bannan and Abdi do a similar job from deep.

20 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

In practice our team isn't too different from that. Hutchinson practically drops in to make a back three whilst the full backs push up into midfield. The only real difference is Pudil being swapped for an extra body in midfield. 

In that formation I'd probably have FF in the Abdi slot with Hooper up front. Bannan and Abdi do a similar job from deep.

Bannan and Hutchinson just seem to always get in each others way for me at the moment as the both like to drop deep to receive the ball. Need to find a formation that allows both to be there at the same time without leaving the gap to big in the midfield. Abdi/Hooper and Lee could bridge that gap.

16 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Bannan and Hutchinson just seem to always get in each others way for me at the moment as the both like to drop deep to receive the ball. Need to find a formation that allows both to be there at the same time without leaving the gap to big in the midfield. Abdi/Hooper and Lee could bridge that gap.

There is often a large gap, unless Hooper is playing. Bannan is going to have to play further forward, sitting deeper suits him in some games but he'd do more damage further up the pitch

He wasn't really given a chance this season but was dogged by injuries. 

Other players in his position have been given slot more game time even when playing poor. I can remember Cardiff away when he was dragged at HT and didn't really do much wrong. 

Can see hes a confidence player. I'd be gutted if he left without having a proper run in the team. 

2 hours ago, A12owl said:

Do you think Carlos will fit him in somewhere even if he is fit? Not really seen his true potentail yet have we?

If it was me, i'd put him in the midfield and then build it around him from there. 

I don't feel like Carlos will do that unfortunately.  I guess it will be up to him in pre-season to make his mark, but i just cant see him leaving out Hutch, Lee and Bannan! 

4 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

If it was me, i'd put him in the midfield and then build it around him from there. 

I don't feel like Carlos will do that unfortunately.  I guess it will be up to him in pre-season to make his mark, but i just cant see him leaving out Hutch, Lee and Bannan! 

And that will sadly be his downfall this season, he needs to grow a pair and change it.

7 hours ago, Blue and white said:

And that will sadly be his downfall this season, he needs to grow a pair and change it.

Exactly , you can't just stick to the same one plan with the same players. It's come up short twice on the trot. I'd love bannan to be moved on but I just can't see it