Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

4 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Derby County have made an enquiry about signing Callum Robinson from Preston North End.  

Gary Rowett is reportedly scouting around looking for reinforcements, and has now identified Robinson as a target for the Rams.

Lets hope this unsettles him and he doesn't play against us tomorrow. 

4 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Derby County have made an enquiry about signing Callum Robinson from Preston North End.  

Gary Rowett is reportedly scouting around looking for reinforcements, and has now identified Robinson as a target for the Rams.

Excellent player. Would love him here to add a bit of a spark.

Aston Villa have reportedly sealed a loan deal for Tottenham Hotspur star Josh Onomah.

England U20 starlet Onomah is a box-to-box midfielder who recently starred in the World Cup victory for the national team.

The North London club rate the youngster very highly and see a loan deal as the final stage of his development before he becomes a Spurs regular.

Mirror reporter Darren Lewis last night tweeted that a deal has been done for the youngster.

Just now, Bloxwich Owl said:

Aston Villa have reportedly sealed a loan deal for Tottenham Hotspur star Josh Onomah.

England U20 starlet Onomah is a box-to-box midfielder who recently starred in the World Cup victory for the national team.

The North London club rate the youngster very highly and see a loan deal as the final stage of his development before he becomes a Spurs regular.

Mirror reporter Darren Lewis last night tweeted that a deal has been done for the youngster.

I'd sooner have Irvine.

Derby could be strong contenders this season......... 

Gary Rowett says Derby County are pushing hard on two or three transfer targets.

Rowett has made no secret of the fact he wants to add to the attacking options in the squad.

Derby have had a £7m bid for Leicester City forward Tom Lawrence rejected and they have shown an interest in Arsenal's attacking midfielder Jon Toral, Liverpool winger Sheyi Ojo and Leicester midfielder Matty James.

Liverpool wide midfielder Ryan Kent, who was on loan at Barnsley last season, has also been linked with the Rams and Derby have their sights on two as yet unnamed targets.

Rowett is keeping things close to his chest.

"We have got two or three we are pushing very hard to get and we have probably got another three fantastic players that we are looking at if that doesn't happen," he said.

"My thought process has always been the same. Do you rush into signing the wrong player when there are probably 45 games left or do you wait may be three games and have the squad you want with 43 games left?

16 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Steve Bruce misunderstood a short hand text of "you need 2 4 every position..." as he continues to stockpile midfielders! 

18 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Some teams have a reserves, some teams have a B team, Villa must have enough to field a team for every letter the alphabet 

3 minutes ago, JoshTheOwl said:

How do Derby afford to buy so many players each year? 

They've spent £4m so far but recouped £18m in sales.

Last season they spent £14.6m, recouped £13m.

Season before that they spent £28m but got nothing back.

So £46m out, £31m in - net difference of £15m in 3 years.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

They've spent £4m so far but recouped £18m in sales.

Last season they spent £14.6m, recouped £13m.

Season before that they spent £28m but got nothing back.

So £46m out, £31m in - net difference of £15m in 3 years.

Makes perfect sense then.

53 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

Would we want him tho?

I would hope we would

In my opinion he delivers the killer pass far more often than anyone we currently have, he would be first name in midfield for me

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

2 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

I would hope we would

In my opinion he delivers the killer pass far more often than anyone we currently have, he would be first name in midfield for me

If Chinese Trump wouldn't let us buy Joe Bennett I'd be amazed he lets us have Hourihane, for a sensible price. 

So it's here, the day we've all been waiting for. Our new arrivals will arrive in time to be considered for the Preston game, a bit late, so not ideal, but better late than never

Edited by gurujuan

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

So it's here, the day we've all been waiting for. Our new arrivals will arrive in time to be considered for the Preston game, a bit late, so not ideal, but better late than never

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic (and thus negative) or actually somewhat positive

So I'll be negative for you: There will be no new arrivals today :biggrin: