Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

So it's here, the day we've all been waiting for. Our new arrivals will arrive in time to be considered for the Preston game, a bit late, so not ideal, but better late than never

Yep and I'm gonna get home from work to Kelly Brook naked holding a big fat back pay cheque from the Inland Revenue.

I'll try not to get too disappointed when that doesn't happen either.

41 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic (and thus negative) or actually somewhat positive

So I'll be negative for you: There will be no new arrivals today :biggrin:

The optimist in me, is confident we'll get a couple in today, but I'm not sure how long I can keep that optimism going The clock is ticking..........

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The optimist in me, is confident we'll get a couple in today, but I'm not sure how long I can keep that optimism going The clock is ticking..........

See rowetts quote above. Sure Carlos feels the same.

11:13

VILLA LOAN FOR ONOMAH

We understand Aston Villa are set to land highly-rated Tottenhammidfielder Josh Onomah on a season-long loan.

The 20-year old is one of the most highly rated prospects in Spurs’ ranks and starred as England Under-20s won the World Cup last month.

Got to be happy with this move Villa fans?

Good signing to be honest, I really rate him

Our Sky colleagues in Italy are telling us Gaston Ramirez has passed his medical ahead of his £8.2m move to Sampdoria. We're told the deal is close but not yet done. Middlesbrough manager Garry Monk confirmed yesterday that permission had been granted for the player to speak to the Serie A club.

12:21

ONOMAH JOINS VILLA

Aston Villa have signed midfielder Josh Onomah on a season-long loan from Tottenham.

The 20-year-old has also signed a new contract with Tottenham until 2021.

Onomah is eligible for this weekend’s Sky Bet Championship opener against Hull, live on Sky Sports on Saturday evening.

1 hour ago, marcx666 said:

Our Sky colleagues in Italy are telling us Gaston Ramirez has passed his medical ahead of his £8.2m move to Sampdoria. We're told the deal is close but not yet done. Middlesbrough manager Garry Monk confirmed yesterday that permission had been granted for the player to speak to the Serie A club.

deal is close but not yet done.

6 minutes later ... deal is done..

lol

max power weighing up offers from rangers and wednesday apparently.

mccormack off to sunderlol

9 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

deal is close but not yet done.

6 minutes later ... deal is done..

lol

max power weighing up offers from rangers and wednesday apparently.

mccormack off to sunderlol

Clearly Sampdoria know how to get a deal over the line , as for McCormack, it depends if he can get his gates open

We will wait until transfer deadline to do business,  said it a few weeks ago and saying it again now 

either we aren't prepared to spend, or the targets we're after just aren't available 

what I'm not a fan of is signing players for the sake of it, we've got a massive squad as it is and what we need is signings like Boyd who are first team players not people like max power who for me would just be another option in an already crowded midfield

I want a centre half good to go not a half fit Djourou or a kid with potential 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

We will wait until transfer deadline to do business,  said it a few weeks ago and saying it again now 

either we aren't prepared to spend, or the targets we're after just aren't available 

what I'm not a fan of is signing players for the sake of it, we've got a massive squad as it is and what we need is signings like Boyd who are first team players not people like max power who for me would just be another option in an already crowded midfield

So for the sake of 6 to 8 weeks for fitness you would rather sign somebody fit but not as good?

21 minutes ago, billyblack said:

So for the sake of 6 to 8 weeks for fitness you would rather sign somebody fit but not as good?

When I said good to go , I meant fitness and ability to take a shirt straight away so obviously he would be good enough 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

When I said good to go , I meant fitness and ability to take a shirt straight away so obviously he would be good enough 

Ok, just that you said, 'I want a centre half good to go not a half fit Djourou or a kid with potential'

Ideally I would like him fit to play from the start as well, but if not, I don't mind waiting a few weeks if we have him for 2 or 3 years rather than signing someone for 3-6 million he maybe fit but not as good

29 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

What I'm also not a fan of, is waiting until the end of the window, and then signing players for the sake of it Waiting for a top class signing is fine by me though One thing, there's already been some top signings by championship clubs, so it's not a case of none being available

Anyway, I'm still optimistic that we'll get a couple in today