Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

5 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Talking of other CB's. Reto Ziegler (31 years) is also available on a free, left footed CB, used to play for Juventus and Fenerbache, capped 35 times by Switzerland

hes terrible, and not really a centre back, was a left winger at spurs, left back at Juve and most of his time at Fenerbache. Also, he is terrible lol

Duje Ćaleta Car at RB Salzburg is a 20 year old CB who has plenty of experience for his age. Powerfull, quick, left footed and decent with ball at his feet.

Wouldn't mind to see us testing Salburg's resolve to keep him.

Edited by malek

17 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

What I'm also not a fan of, is waiting until the end of the window, and then signing players for the sake of it Waiting for a top class signing is fine by me though One thing, there's already been some top signings by championship clubs, so it's not a case of none being available

Anyway, I'm still optimistic that we'll get a couple in today

One thing that is undeniable, is that our preference to wait towards the end of the window and Carlos' desire to fully integrate new signings to his way of playing are inherently incompatible.

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I have a good feeling that if Power signed he'd do ok, just adds some forward running in that midfield. Wouldn't cost much and had a healthy goals and assist record before last season. Potential there for sure 

Depends, if we're looking to improve the starting eleven, then he adds nothing If it's a back up for Lee, then maybe, we certainly missed Lee when he was out last season Like most of the players we've been linked with, they've either been back up players, or are not significantly better than what we have Not the recruitment we might have envisaged

4 minutes ago, billyblack said:

If we wanted to add another to our packed midfield Joe Ledley is available on a free as well, only 30. Decent player at this level

If we need to do it on the cheap, Ledley fits the bill, especially if Hutch is to be considered more a defender He would bring strength and leadership to the midfield

Just now, gurujuan said:

Depends, if we're looking to improve the starting eleven, then he adds nothing If it's a back up for Lee, then maybe, we certainly missed Lee when he was out last season Like most of the players we've been linked with, they've either been back up players, or are not significantly better than what we have Not the recruitment we might have envisaged

If we are looking for someone to fight it out with Lee for first team spot, then Josh Vella would be much better (surely more expensive) option then Power. Vella shares many qualities with Lee. Not as good, but could get there.

1 minute ago, malek said:

If we are looking for someone to fight it out with Lee for first team spot, then Josh Vella would be much better (surely more expensive) option then Power. Vella shares many qualities with Lee. Not as good, but could get there.

Yes he looks a good player When we were signing players left right and centre, he was just the sort of player we should have signed Back up players needed to be players who were able to push those who were in possession, but had room to improve We didn't need thirtysomething back up players

Now though, with only 2 or 3 signings planned, I feel we have to be looking at starting eleven players