Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

5 hours ago, marcx666 said:

11:46

BREAKING NEWS

Gaston Ramirez has completed a move from Middlesbrough to Sampdoria.

Who in their right mind would wrench their family away from Middlesbrough to live in Genoa?

4 hours ago, vulva said:

Our transfer policy Achilles heal is that we don't make money on players. Our spending is reasonable, but the output from our academy and player sales is woeful. 

Agree with the academy comment, but we could have made a few quid selling selling off some of our signings but fortunately the club have neglected to sell our best players. 

3 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

There's no one perfect signing for us on here.

He's either rubbish, too old, too young, too injured, too slow, too cheap, too expensive or too late he's signed for Derby lol

There might not be one perfect one but I think many would agree there is an ideal type of signing we need to make before the window closes. That is a quality commanding ball playing centre back. If we can get one of those in, then we might have a realistic chance of making the top 2. For me, it's imperative we make that kind of signing and bring in someone like Harlee Dean, Kyle Bartley or Daniel Ayala or someone similar to those.

Arsenal striker Stephy Mavididi has joined Championship side Preston North End on a season-long loan.

Preston have confirmed the capture of the Arsenal youth star on a deal until the end of the 17/18 season.

Alex Neil’s Preston are looking for a Premier League push next season and have added Mavididi to their side in order to further strengthen their cause.

The 19-year-old played five games in League One during a loan spell at Charlton last season, where he was unable to score.

He did, however, play with current Preston goalkeeper Declan Rudd at Charlton 

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Buzzing for tomorrow. 3 points would be a bloody great start. Slightly disappointed we haven't bought in more players before the season started, not what I expected but can't wait for tomorrow. 

We'll have too much for Preston. UTO.

3 hours ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

There might not be one perfect one but I think many would agree there is an ideal type of signing we need to make before the window closes. That is a quality commanding ball playing centre back. If we can get one of those in, then we might have a realistic chance of making the top 2. For me, it's imperative we make that kind of signing and bring in someone like Harlee Dean, Kyle Bartley or Daniel Ayala or someone similar to those.

I doubt there's a queue of clubs willing to offload that type of player though, without us parting with a serious amount of money.

I'd like us to find another sasso actually - cheap, capable, decent and able to slot in sporadically. I'd be willing to bet we loan someone from abroad 

3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Popped in to see any rumours. 

People talking about sock draws. 

I'll pop back same time tomorrow. 

well apparently we are actually signing Djourou, what more do you want? Complimentary reach around lol

3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Popped in to see any rumours. 

People talking about sock draws. 

I'll pop back same time tomorrow. 

Don't hold your breath, threads 6 weeks old and we've had a freeby and dismissed 200 centre backs...

Edited by Fuzzy logics