Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

16 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Rowett's assembled a heck of a side this season without spending silly cash. They're going to be a force again this year are Derby

Got £7m for ince who has a questionable attitude and commands a big wage.

Reinvest that on Lawrence and pay less in wages I guess.

Great bit of business.

6 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Wisdom > Christie

Huddlestone = Hughes (Not long term, but Hughes has stalled these last couple of years)

Davies > Anything they have at back currently

Lawrence = Ince 

They've still got a fair few million to play with before they even break even on the money they got for Ince and Hughes, let alone anything else they may have had to play with in their transfer kitty. Rumours that Matty James will join... they won't stop doing good deals just yet. I'd tip them for a play-off spot with a manager that makes his teams very difficult to beat

They will be there or thereabouts this time. I expect them to be right up there along with Middlesbrough; us, Villa and Fulham. With a couple of dark horses like Brentford giving it a good go too.

23 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Everybody is buzzing about Villa and Boro finishing in the top two.

I don't see any reason why the top two can't be us and Derby instead.

Don't think we've done anything that might elevate us to top two candidates

Boyd is a solid enough signing, but we needed a bit more than that 

18 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Did Huddersfield do anything last summer that would have elevated them to playoff winners.??

A host of Championship and League One clubs are thought to be tracking Rangers midfielder Josh Windass, according to Get West London.

The former Accrington man has allegedly been left out of Pedro Caixinha’s plans for the Ibrox club and has been told he can leave.

Queens Park Rangers are reportedly leading the race for his signature, alongside their West London rivals Brentford, while relegated Hull City are also thought to be keen on the 23-year-old, who is the son of Tigers legend Dean Windass.

26 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I'm sure I've read on here that we were the top team in the division over the last 25 matches of the season, so theoretically we're already top two candidates. Get the central defenders in, make a good start to the season & we should be up there.

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

Rumours that Matty James will join... they won't stop doing good deals just yet. I'd tip them for a play-off spot with a manager that makes his teams very difficult to beat

If he stays fit Matty James will be in and around the first team at Leicester. Shakespeare rates him highly and he's back and firing this pre-season. 

Next to no chance he'll be moving to any Championship side. 

Edited by SamOwl89

9 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Oh yeah

7 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Seems that way :duntmatter: they identified areas that needed strengthening and recruited accordingly, I don't seem to recall them having 6 strikers either.

So at the start of last season, you both tipped Huddersfield for promotion then.

lol