Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

3 minutes ago, debram said:

Hope you're right, but got to involve big money, what about ffp?

I still think we'll have room to manoeuvre. For example Jordan Rhodes transfer fee still gets divided up by the length of his contract 3/4 years. So say it's £10 million it's only taking £2.5M a season out of the FFP capacity. That's why we've been giving players long contracts. 

To be fair though, as has been proven many times, sometimes the best business is on freebies, loans or smaller fees. 

On 2017-5-22 at 11:41, mancowl08 said:

Yep that's the fella! 

He's like a JJ type of player! Other than Forestieri....we have no one who can skin a man and get us out of our seats! 

I think we're really missing that in our team! We used to have it with JJ, Helen and Drenthe.

Used to scare me watching helan, his feet were far too quick for his brain, looked like bambi on acid most of the time. lol

Were all mentioning the likes of Irving (who I really rate by the way), Hanley from Newcastle, jota etc.... Was thinking from a Tactical point of view and I think we need to clear some deadwood and maybe look around for some real quality season long loans such as Huddersfield did with mooy becouse spending big on the likes of the three I mentioned above and then realising if you do go up they're going to be surplus to requirements is just a waste of funds. 

I just think like abdi, matias, Buckley, jaoa hasn't really pushed us on unlike Hooper did on loan first, it worked so we signed him, that way such as with MacManaman, mcgeady and Buckley if it doesn't work you send them back and say no thanks  and your not stuck with them. There will no doubt be quite a few quality prem players surplus to requirements at there clubs that they are struggling to move on, so maybe this is a viable way forward. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

25 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

I think the line was "we have friends" from what I've been told, we're going for it. UTO 

That's a misquote from when Chansiri took over, answering a question about FFP. He said "we have plans", not "we have friends".

1 minute ago, Wath-owl said:

That's a misquote from when Chansiri took over, answering a question about FFP. He said "we have plans", not "we have friends".

I was there, but if you say so !!! All I've been told is that we are in for a blockbusting summer.   UTO 

Looks like Wolves are also looking for two centre halves........... 

Portuguese defender Roderick Miranda could become one of the first signings of the Nuno Espirito Santo era with Wolves close to buying him from Rio Ave, the Express & Star understands.

The 26-year-old former Portugal youth international worked under Nuno at Rio Ave. He had previously been at Benfica before leaving on a free transfer in 2013. Reports in Portugal suggest Wolves will pay £2.6million for the 6ft 3in centre half, a client of Jorge Mendes, and the deal could be wrapped up in the next week.

Miranda was part of the Rio Ave team that reached two Portuguese domestic cup finals in 2014, Nuno's last season at the club before he moved to Valencia. He has made 74 appearances for Rio Ave, scoring four goals.

Wolves are expected to bring in at least two centre halves this summer after the departures of Mike Williamson on a free transfer and Richard Stearman, whose loan deal from Fulham expired.

45 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Apart from the aptly named Helda Costa their POTY, who cost a packet (13 million).

Costa packet but delivered more than Reach and Rhodes put together. I know where I'd rather have spent the money

Whatever happens this summer, I want to see some clarity in our transfer thinking. Last seasons recruitment, both summer, and winter, was a disaster whichever way you look at it. We have ended up with an ad hoc collection of players, some very good players, but players without clearly defined roles. All we needed to do last year, was fill in the missing pieces, but some very confusing transfer dealings have left us with a squad that poses more questions than answers. We now get another chance to put it right, we cannot blow it again

Edited by gurujuan