Hooper Smokescreen..???

1 hour ago, TINKERBELL said:

We had a similar problem in 05 with Steve McLean  and when announced in Cardiff he's on bench it gave whole fan base a lift.

I loved Steve MacLean, had his name on the back of my shirt. Also with the goal he scored at Cardiff it won me a bet, had a bet at the start of the season he would get 20 goals for us and with the goal in the final he did.

34 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Hope so because he has been the main reason for our excellent form since the end of March.  I've watched most of Aprils games again on W player and he has been immense, his link up play, abilty to hold the ball up and find a team mate is the best in the league bar none.  He really is key to us gaining promotion, we simply have no other player that can do what he does.  Should we get to the final and come up against Reading he could be the difference because he's also as strong as an oxe.

Kieron Lee tho   lol

13 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Why are some people having a really hard time getting around the fact he is injured?

lol

There are no mind games going on. He's not playing in the play offs.

Is that because he's injured? UTO 

1 hour ago, TINKERBELL said:

We had a similar problem in 05 with Steve McLean  and when announced in Cardiff he's on bench it gave whole fan base a lift.

We were in a box at Cardiff when the chairman came in at half time and told us McLean was coming on - I was sooooo excited lol

4 hours ago, Markowski77 said:

With all of this talk about Gary Hooper been injured for all of the play off matches, does anyone feel there could be a little bit of a smokescreen behind it..? 

No official confirmation from the club (as far as I know) could it be a ploy to start the mind games, in order for other teams to alter their tactics.....as we all know Gary Hooper will be a player opposition managers will base their tactics around, due to his link up play...

Obviously there is going to be a little bit of truth behind the injury, but could it be one of those were he will make the bench/start out of the unexpected....and catch the opposition off guard.

apologies if this has been discussed in the countless other threads, and it could be me with wishful thinking. But I'm just eagerly anticipating these games

WAWAW

Cant see the point, they will be geared up for all events and even without him it still gives them plenty to think about

4 hours ago, Markowski77 said:

With all of this talk about Gary Hooper been injured for all of the play off matches, does anyone feel there could be a little bit of a smokescreen behind it..?

No official confirmation from the club (as far as I know) could it be a ploy to start the mind games, in order for other teams to alter their tactics.....as we all know Gary Hooper will be a player opposition managers will base their tactics around,

You couldn't make this up!              Hooper has contributed well over the last 6 game games, but FFS.

When, where and whom decides which SWFC player's ablity, Owlstalk will GROSSLEY exagerate, each season.

Last season it was Nuhiu, now it's Hooper, who will it be next season. Spin the bottle, a vote???

This is a striker, that previous to this season was all about goals.

He's scored 6 in 24 appearances,  just 2 of them in wins. Get a grip Owlstalk, a good player but please.

3 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Hutchinson said it's a big blow losing Hoops in his interview with the star

Hooper is injured. No smokescreen. Car not moved in a week from training ground, he's in Spain. 

Time for Jordan

What's he drive ?

2 hours ago, zzmdu said:

You couldn't make this up!              Hooper has contributed well over the last 6 game games, but FFS.

When, where and whom decides which SWFC player's ablity, Owlstalk will GROSSLEY exagerate, each season.

Last season it was Nuhiu, now it's Hooper, who will it be next season. Spin the bottle, a vote???

This is a striker, that previous to this season was all about goals.

He's scored 6 in 24 appearances,  just 2 of them in wins. Get a grip Owlstalk, a good player but please.

lol

It is rather strange.

24 appearances this season. Ok we've had a good run since his return and won 6 on the bounce.

The 18 appearances before his injury though, we won only 6, drew 5 and lost 7. 

Immediately following his injury we won 5 in 6. 

Good player, but his impact is massively over exaggerated on owlstalk.

Forestieri will always be a much bigger loss.

8 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

lol

It is rather strange.

24 appearances this season. Ok we've had a good run since his return and won 6 on the bounce.

The 18 appearances before his injury though, we won only 6, drew 5 and lost 7. 

Immediately following his injury we won 5 in 6. 

Good player, but his impact is massively over exaggerated on owlstalk.

Forestieri will always be a much bigger loss.

We were hopeless in those first 18 games. We were 10th when he got injured. The line-up was horribly unbalanced, our play was turgid, and we didn't know our first XI. 

Nobody came out of those 18 matches with any credit, apart from Lee.

Much much better line-up now. Proper balance across the back four, the midfield, down each flank, and in attack.