SHAMBLES re: our web site

Have to agree with the majority that all these people moaning about today only have themselves to blame. If you really are a regular attendee then you wouldn't need to wait til today.

Also I have seen numerous tweets from people who were able to phone up & buy tickets today within around 10 minutes. 

There are of course exceptions such as those who live abroad who I do feel a tad sorry for but it's the fairest way to do things.

9 minutes ago, 33 said:

Wait until we get to the final and 3 yr ST holders get the two tickets each we were told at the last meeting

meltdown

Kerching..........obviously no self respecting Owl would ever sell for more than face value, or put them on EBay ?

5 minutes ago, AMB1867 said:

The ticket system has been a pain today. But in reality, we only have a few big games a season, so you can understand why the club don't want to spend fortunes on updating it. 

I'm sure the new website and comments about the current one would mainly be in reference to handling of traffic onto the website, surely they will move to better servers

Anyone who has been to every home game bar 1 would have a fair few points. Tickets were easy to come by for people with over 100 points, which is what you would have. Membership would have saved you money. A season ticket would have saved you more money and was available on credit. 

But you're right, it's a shambles. The website is useless and is the only reason people have missed out on tickets. There must be a fairer way to do it. 

4 minutes ago, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

All tickets have gone and yet fans still want tickets so if all them fans baught memberships would all get a ticket ? NO 

It depends what you mean by fans. If a fan is anyone who comes out of the woodwork once every couple of years for a big game then no, of course not everybody can get one.

If a fan is someone that goes often enough to get 50 priority points, that's 5 games in 2 years, the yes, everybody can have one.

The reason not all 'fans' have tickets is because people start taking the kids, missus, window cleaner and anyone else who fancies a day out and has some kind of affinity to Wednesday. If these people were all members because of their undying support, the average attendance wouldn't be 27,000.

Its not a dig, it's just the way it is. Anyone with more than 50 points was guaranteed a ticket yesterday. Anyone with less who couldn't get one, tough, youndont have a God given right to turn up once a year and get a ticket to the biggest game.

And really....baught?

Didn't apply for a semi away ticket cos I knew I had no chance. Bought a crate of ale to sup in front of the telly instead.

Didn't get my arse in gear in enough time to sort out a home semi ticket either. Bought another crate of ale to sup in front of the telly.

Going to avoid any hassle with getting a final ticket too. Can't be arsed with the waiting and queuing sheeite. Will spend my time supping ale instead.

Still going though. Will sit in the posh seats with celebrities like The Squire of Preston and his Mrs, and the players' wives.

Contacts in the FA see. Grabs another ale..............hic!

2 hours ago, The Regulator said:

For the number of times it causes a problem (once or twice a season) they probably don't feel that it's worth the expense.

Its still not fit for purpose which ever way it's looked at and I just don't buy the expense arguments

2 hours ago, Davetherave said:

Please don't anyone use the "S" word on OT ... you will be vilified, blackballed

and cast from the group by people who know better ... or perhaps have just been lucky.

nb. See last 10 pages of "Play off semi finals ticket sales"  .,.. no you are quite right it's

not a shambles .... it's much worse.

Personally my third attempt after 2 kick outs .. now at 291 in queue,  again and again,

started 08:45.

I am 100 miles away so impossible to pop down to shop, but missed just 1 home game this season.

Hey ho .....

Why did you wait til the last day to go to the website.?????

If you attended 22 games this season you had 220 priority points plus whatever you gained for last season.

You could have bought yesterday morning.

I logged on at 9 am yesterday and bought 2 tickets for family members (with sufficient points and registered as friends and family on my own account). 

I was 420 in the queue but had the tickets paid for and printed in around 20 minutes.

It seems you were not fully aware of the system and got caught out by the demand from people who do not for whatever reason attend as often as yourself.

As others have pointed out above, you really could have saved yourself a lot of cash with either a season ticket or membership if you really do attend so many games.

I think the ticket allocation is very fair-- those that go often should have priority.

I live more than 100 miles away so cannot make many games.

I waited for more than 3  hours this morning and got thrown out just as I was making payment.

I sent e-mail to the ticket office  and presumed that was that .

But No-- I received a phone call from the ticket office and they sorted me out with a ticket immediately.

Praise where Praise is due -- The Ticket office staff   were simply amazing -- I thank you so much.

19 minutes ago, oswald Owl said:

I think the ticket allocation is very fair-- those that go often should have priority.

I live more than 100 miles away so cannot make many games.

I waited for more than 3  hours this morning and got thrown out just as I was making payment.

I sent e-mail to the ticket office  and presumed that was that .

But No-- I received a phone call from the ticket office and they sorted me out with a ticket immediately.

Praise where Praise is due -- The Ticket office staff   were simply amazing -- I thank you so much.

I agree the a location is fair,I have season ticket so not a problem for me but the service via the internet needs bringing up to date

23 hours ago, Davetherave said:

Please don't anyone use the "S" word on OT ... you will be vilified, blackballed

and cast from the group by people who know better ... or perhaps have just been lucky.

nb. See last 10 pages of "Play off semi finals ticket sales"  .,.. no you are quite right it's

Personally my third attempt after 2 kick outs .. now at 291 in queue,  again and again,

I am 100 miles away so impossible to pop down to shop, but missed just 1 home game this season.

Hey ho .....

Don't live anywhere near Nuneaton do you. 

23 hours ago, Davetherave said:

Hey ho .....

Did you get one?

Guest Deleted member

Got contacted yesterday morning by a friend of an 'avid Wednesday fan' who'd missed out on a ticket for the semi

When I was contacted the tickets were still on sale? "Oh yes, hes realised hes doing it wrong"

How avid a fan is someone who doesnt know how to buy a bleeding ticket?

There is a niche market that Wednesday are missing out on. It's the 3 game a season diehards, that would benefit from door to door delivery of tickets, as and when required. For games that matter, with nice weather. And a decent side. At a good price. This club simply isn't up to the demands of the Premier League.