The Owls vs Fulham vs The Owls vs Fulham. Official Matchday Thread. ***Early Kick Off***

3 minutes ago, steveraper said:

With Jonesy and Hutch both playing, Liam at right back, Lee and Matias making up midfield, it's even narrower than ever.... can't see many crosses coming in for Rhodes & Winnall to run onto.

Think we may see Matias in a Hooper role behind front two. 3 in the middle. Full backs high to push there's back. surely if it was 4-4-2. Buckley would have played.

Huge debate on SSN about weakened sides RE hudds. Surely nowt can be done, and we've made 10 changes in a game that will effect the playoffs

Saying that, as said 10m striker is hardly completely weakened

Edited by BowOwl

As ever, Pauli, and thanks for a wonderful season of OMDTs............delighted you cannot quite book your summer holidays just yet.

Carnival day today so let's all have fun and enjoy it madly but no pitch invasion today, eh?

Come on you pale blue and white pinstripe 2nd XI wizards!

10 minutes ago, steveraper said:

With Jonesy and Hutch both playing, Liam at right back, Lee and Matias making up midfield, it's even narrower than ever.... can't see many crosses coming in for Rhodes & Winnall to run onto.

Maybe at last we'll play to JR's strength and see some through balls from MF

I'm amazed McManaman isn't involved.  Seems very similar to the McGeady situation last season? I hope he's not completely discarded from the play-off picture as McGeady was as I think that bit us on the ar$e particularly in the final?

9 minutes ago, BowOwl said:

Huge debate on SSN about weakened sides RE hudds. Surely nowt can be done, and we've made 10 changes in a game that will effect the playoffs

Just seen that too, personally I'm with Big Al that a manager should be allowed to pick whoever he wants and for any game. He is answerable to his own club and fans for those decisions. 

Its what you've done in the previous 45 games that has got you in trouble. 

As fans, we look ahead to future fixtures to work out where we have to get points from. And as football management it would be their job to do the same and to realise that on the last day some teams may rest players for the playoffs 

Edited by Southie_Owl

Just now, Southie_Owl said:

Just seen that too, personally I'm with Big Al that a manager should be allowed to pick whoever he wants and for any game. He is answerable to his own club and fans for those decisions. 

Its what you've done in the previous 45 games that has got you in trouble. 

As fans, we look ahead to future fixtures to work out where we have to get points from. And as football management it would be their job to do the same and to realise that on the last day so teams may rest players for the playoffs 

Spot on with me that

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Think Macca may be injured.  The side I saw from an ITK guy yesterday was the exact team except for Macca.  Maybe failed a fitness test?

Not sure I'd be risking Lee though to be honest.  He's one of the first I would have left out!  Think we may see Emanuelson today too.  When Hutch has done an hour, Urby for him, Fox to CB and Semedo in midfield. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Also, although this isn't OUR strongest side, it's still better than about 70% of other Championship sides.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
Just now, Mishowl said:

I don't mind who we get in the playoffs but I would prefer to avoid 5th because I think 12pm on a Sunday is a rubbish time to have the home leg. Would much prefer a game under the lights. 

Know what you mean, but I can go out on the lash or get sommat from the missus if the game isn't on Saturday!!!   lol

15 minutes ago, BowOwl said:

It's acceptable for the big Prem club's to do it in cups. As soon as a championship team does it however...